Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust 09:58 - Aug 31 with 1842 viewsYrAlarch

Having recently received a membership renewal notice and raffle tickets, both of which I have, with a heavy heart, chosen to ignore, I wonder what the membership numbers are now. It would be interesting to see a comparison pre deal with the owners and post.
The Trust on 09:59 - Aug 31 with 1839 viewsOptimisticJack

Mine went straight in the bin.

Optimisticjack

The Trust on 10:03 - Aug 31 with 1814 viewsYrAlarch

The Trust on 09:59 - Aug 31 by OptimisticJack

Mine went straight in the bin.

I was a Member from day one and was always impressed with the openness of the Board. The current lot have really let us down with their secrecy. But that's all been discussed previously.
The Trust on 14:23 - Aug 31 with 1665 viewsReslovenSwan1

They can show relevance by investing in the club by joining the convertible loan note. I have suggested the investment of the £500k settlement. They will be receiving some interest £25,000 pa and purchasing new cheap shares.

Theoretically Swansea will grow from this point if it is well run. This will offset inflation.

This money in the Santander current account is useless as it is devaluing day on day.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Trust on 16:00 - Aug 31 with 1607 viewsYrAlarch

The Trust on 14:23 - Aug 31 by ReslovenSwan1

They can show relevance by investing in the club by joining the convertible loan note. I have suggested the investment of the £500k settlement. They will be receiving some interest £25,000 pa and purchasing new cheap shares.

Theoretically Swansea will grow from this point if it is well run. This will offset inflation.

This money in the Santander current account is useless as it is devaluing day on day.

Res, irrespective of your financial analysis of the Trust my thread was about my disillusionment borne out by their negotiation with the owners without recourse to it's Members.
The Trust on 17:12 - Aug 31 with 1566 viewsPrettySheetyCity

The Trust on 16:00 - Aug 31 by YrAlarch

Res, irrespective of your financial analysis of the Trust my thread was about my disillusionment borne out by their negotiation with the owners without recourse to it's Members.

I thought their Lawyers made a good point at the AGM -

- If the Trust won, the majority owners would need to buy their shares. The consequence is that the Trust loses all say in the Club's decision making.

- If the Trust lost, it would have to pay legal costs, and would probably be diluted to < 5%, losing any power it had to told the majority owners and the Club to account.

At least this way, the deal means that the Trust always has 5% and that is enough to call a general meeting and keep a seat at the board table.

If they would have gone back to the members, I have no doubt in mind that the members would have ignored the risks (i.e., having no say in the Club's decision making, and potentially losing) just to see Gonzo, the Clog, and the Yanks in the witness box. Those same fans would probably have criticised the Trust if it won or lost at court.
The Trust on 17:50 - Aug 31 with 1526 viewsWhiterockin

The Trust on 17:12 - Aug 31 by PrettySheetyCity

I thought their Lawyers made a good point at the AGM -

- If the Trust won, the majority owners would need to buy their shares. The consequence is that the Trust loses all say in the Club's decision making.

- If the Trust lost, it would have to pay legal costs, and would probably be diluted to < 5%, losing any power it had to told the majority owners and the Club to account.

At least this way, the deal means that the Trust always has 5% and that is enough to call a general meeting and keep a seat at the board table.

If they would have gone back to the members, I have no doubt in mind that the members would have ignored the risks (i.e., having no say in the Club's decision making, and potentially losing) just to see Gonzo, the Clog, and the Yanks in the witness box. Those same fans would probably have criticised the Trust if it won or lost at court.

If the Trust won, the majority owners would need to buy their shares. The consequence is that the Trust loses all say in the Club's decision making.

How much say do the trust have in the club now. Are they jointly responsible for the situation we are in. Do they have a say in the transfer budget, sales and purchasing. Do they have a say whether RM stays or goes.
The Trust on 00:19 - Sep 1 with 1423 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Trust on 17:50 - Aug 31 by Whiterockin

If the Trust won, the majority owners would need to buy their shares. The consequence is that the Trust loses all say in the Club's decision making.

How much say do the trust have in the club now. Are they jointly responsible for the situation we are in. Do they have a say in the transfer budget, sales and purchasing. Do they have a say whether RM stays or goes.

There were three parties involved in the legal case. Two of them notionally have Swansea city at heart and one are third parties primarily part if the English financial and insurance elite. Each of the three interests were in it for winning or losing £10,000.000.

The ultimate "successful " conclusion of legal action would have seen The Trust take £20,000,000 off the other owners US and Welsh (people with the best interests of the club at heart) for their shares giving £10,000,000 of it away to third party English people.

The other owners would have taken back their loan from the club for sure meaning the club would have a £10,000,000 debt it had to repay. The US people say they would not cash in this loan but buy new shares with it. The £10,000,000 would therefore effectively be transferred from the club to third party English legal people giving Mr Winter debts he did not expect to have. .

The whole legal case was flawed and lacking logic. It was not in the best interest of the club in a million years. The members unable to rationalise the logic of the case should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

They were not given a place on the board to take big money off their partners and give it to third party ambulance chasers. They ended up humiliated and that is what they deserved. They are now angry and feel let down. It is a characteristic of 'stone cold losers'.

The rags of London love to find dysfunctional families that 'regret the day they won the pools'. Swansea city fans are like this. They detest the man who made their shares worth £20m because they did not have the nous to capitalise on it.

It only made any logic if Swansea city were in league 2.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 1:58]

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Trust on 15:34 - Sep 1 with 1340 viewsEagleEye

The Trust on 17:50 - Aug 31 by Whiterockin

The Trust has never really had a say in how the club is run. Maybe thrown an odd task to reduce queues, disabled access, ticket pricing perhaps. But how the club is run … never !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024