Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan 17:43 - Sep 28 with 3581 viewsinfoman

Please buy your tickets in advance as there will be
NO PAY ON THE DAY and this will NOT be changed
A shame that a very few trains will be running,you could have helped us push up the footfall at Parson street.
It seems that you will be able to get to Bristol,BUT there will be no return trains.
Split tickets are available and also group save is available
Suggest you make a weekend of it and stay Saturday night in Bristol
If there are at least three of you arriving by train get a taxi
Make sure the taxi driver drops you in the Ashton Road end as it a very long walk round from the other end

Coming by road.
Do NOT USE M4/M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol
YOU WILL GET LOST
If you are coming by road use M4/M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
It looks the long way round but its quicker.
Parking is normally in the streets around the area as long as you are there by 10:30am please don't block drive ways.
There are loads of road construction works going on,I predict chaos around the ground area after the game
Sainsburys is near by

Casualty and Holby City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both rubbish
The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City(actually its Bishopston)
Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
Bring your camera and turn up early if you want to take any photo's
Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.
PROGRAMMES PROGRAMMES PROGRAMMES no programmes are printed
but are available on line FREE OF CHARGE from approx thursday evening
If you would like a hard paper copy of the programme
Let me know
BBC Radio station is radio Bristol which has frequencies and 94:9 and DAB (and 95:5 up till 3pm),
and the match commentary it will be on BBC radio Bristol DAB.
Pubs: best ones are along the Cumberland Roads area,suggest park your car and then walk to the ground.
Please circulate to any other football forums and footy fans you may deem fit
If you need any further info,don't be afraid to ask
for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 17:54 - Sep 28 with 3516 viewsenfieldargh

Why do clubs not accept walk up customers, sounds absolutely bonkers

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 17:55 - Sep 28 with 3511 viewsWatford_Ranger

for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 17:54 - Sep 28 by enfieldargh

Why do clubs not accept walk up customers, sounds absolutely bonkers

Think it’s a police thing out of clubs’ hands. Agree it’s stupid.

Any suggestions for parking?
[Post edited 28 Sep 2022 18:02]
for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 19:29 - Sep 28 with 3394 viewsDorse

for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 17:55 - Sep 28 by Watford_Ranger

Don't bump the curb?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 19:46 - Sep 28 with 3350 viewsE17hoop

On the BCFC website:
🚧 ROADWORKS
The A3029 Brunel Way will have lane closures in both directions across Avon Bridge (the fixed bridge across the River Avon, near the Create Centre).

These lane closures are expected to cause delays on the roads near the stadium. We encourage fans arriving by car to consider avoiding the area and to park further away from the stadium before completing your journey on foot, if possible.

Fans approaching by car from north of the river Avon are encouraged to consider alternative bridges such as:

For those using the M5, consider using Junction 19 (Portishead) and travelling towards Ashton Gate along the A369
For those coming from north west Bristol, consider using the Clifton Suspension Bridge (toll required) and then the A369
For those coming from central/east Bristol or the M32, consider using Bristol Bridge and Coronation Road or Bedminster Parade
Please note there are other works in central and south Bristol including:

Redcliffe Bridge is closed. Full details can be found here
Malago Road/Dalby Avenue/Dean Lane are one way. Full details can be found here
The M48 Severn Bridge is also due to be closed with diversions via the M4 Prince of Wales Bridge. More information can be found here.

Wherever you are coming from, we strongly advise fans to leave additional time for their journey.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/%E2%84%B9-important-travel-information-qpr/

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 19:54 - Sep 28 with 3331 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 17:55 - Sep 28 by Watford_Ranger

There is a huge car park for Away fans just if the duel carriage way that goes alongside the ground. Murder to get out of though
for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 00:40 - Sep 29 with 3094 viewsPunteR

This all sounds like a bloody nightmare getting in and out of Bristol.
Anyone want 2 tickets..?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 19:17 - Sep 29 with 2767 viewsqueensparker

Thank you this is all very useful given I now have to drive and get there from NW10 via Brentford and Gloucester to hoover up all my crew.

Come on Rangers - make the 10 hours or whatever in a car worth it
for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 22:13 - Sep 29 with 2609 viewsMalintabuk

We have 2 cars leaving from Windsor tomorrow night as we wives and kiddies coming as we are going overnight down to Weston
Luckily booked a hotel with a car park...... and will uber to the ground but it looks a nightmare for us all
Login to get fewer ads

for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 00:41 - Sep 30 with 2536 viewsWatford_Ranger

Found a driveway for a reasonable price on ‘YourParkingSpace’. There were still a couple on there less than a mile from the ground last time I looked.
for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 09:02 - Sep 30 with 2332 viewsPunteR

for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 00:41 - Sep 30 by Watford_Ranger

Found a driveway for a reasonable price on ‘YourParkingSpace’. There were still a couple on there less than a mile from the ground last time I looked.

That's what I've booked on. Spaces are getting snapped up this morning I noticed. Lost 2 spots as I was putting in my details.
5 spaces left I think. From £9.50 to £25.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 12:59 - Sep 30 with 2193 viewsKonk

Will have to be quick, but Bedminster Cricket Club is a good shout for parking and the bar is usually open on matchdays. On-street parking is always tricky, but if you get there for midday, you might get a spot on any of the side roads between Duckmoor Road and North Street, and between North Street, Luckwell Road, and West Street. The streets between Coronation Road and North Street are in an RPZ. Avoid Brunel Way if you can.

Pubs to avoid: 3 Lions, Masonic, El Rincon, Hen & Chickens, Avon Packet, and Luckwell all have a bit of a Stone Island vibe. Anywhere else is probably fine as long as you’re not a kno b.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 16:10 - Sep 30 with 2039 viewsmikeyhg

for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 12:59 - Sep 30 by Konk

Will have to be quick, but Bedminster Cricket Club is a good shout for parking and the bar is usually open on matchdays. On-street parking is always tricky, but if you get there for midday, you might get a spot on any of the side roads between Duckmoor Road and North Street, and between North Street, Luckwell Road, and West Street. The streets between Coronation Road and North Street are in an RPZ. Avoid Brunel Way if you can.

Pubs to avoid: 3 Lions, Masonic, El Rincon, Hen & Chickens, Avon Packet, and Luckwell all have a bit of a Stone Island vibe. Anywhere else is probably fine as long as you’re not a kno b.

Hi,

Would the Rose of Denmark or Nova Scotia be ok as they seem walkable from the ground?

Thanks
[Post edited 30 Sep 2022 16:11]
for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 16:12 - Sep 30 with 2031 viewsCorbyQPR

Used find a parking space & parked in Sainsburys last time, no issues at all
for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 17:46 - Sep 30 with 1946 viewsKonk

for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City fan on 16:10 - Sep 30 by mikeyhg

Hi,

Would the Rose of Denmark or Nova Scotia be ok as they seem walkable from the ground?

Thanks
[Post edited 30 Sep 2022 16:11]

Yeah, both are fine. Merchants is too if it’s back opening before 4pm on Saturday. Pump House or Grain Barge too and 20mins walk (for me) to the away end.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024