Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bucha massacre 01:54 - Dec 23 with 10134 viewsdeanscfc

Reluctant to start anything more about Russia's invasion of Ukraine but I feel that this particular subject needs attention.

Remember when a handful of people here did their best to try and deny Russia's war crimes in Bucha? Well here is the NY Times investigation into what happened. As conclusive as it gets with video footage, audio, images, call history etc.

Of course it won't be a surprise to any normal person, but I do think that those who tried to spread Kremlin propaganda should be shamed for it. I would say 'ashamed', but they won't be, as you have to already have something quite wrong with you to support Russia in this.

Investigation here. 30 minute video and report:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/22/video/russia-ukraine-bucha-massacre-takeaways
[Post edited 23 Dec 2022 1:54]
Bucha massacre on 09:50 - Dec 23 with 5480 viewsBoundy

Sad that anyone should feel reluctant to start a thread to discuss the biggest world event in decades . There's so much going on which is affecting everyone in this country and could have implications for their futures but it seems to now to be ignored .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Bucha massacre on 09:57 - Dec 23 with 5463 viewsonehunglow

Bucha massacre on 09:50 - Dec 23 by Boundy

Sad that anyone should feel reluctant to start a thread to discuss the biggest world event in decades . There's so much going on which is affecting everyone in this country and could have implications for their futures but it seems to now to be ignored .

Absolutely,we should be calling out this filthy country for historic war crimes as they have done for centuries . Sub human species at best.

Hopefully ,the recent court conviction of a female Nazi concentration guard will show Lutin there is no escape for him although I’m hoping death beats him first .

That we have people supporting Russia is bad enough.

Tedious ,not.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bucha massacre on 10:13 - Dec 23 with 5460 viewsDr_Winston

Bucha massacre on 09:57 - Dec 23 by onehunglow

Absolutely,we should be calling out this filthy country for historic war crimes as they have done for centuries . Sub human species at best.

Hopefully ,the recent court conviction of a female Nazi concentration guard will show Lutin there is no escape for him although I’m hoping death beats him first .

Tedious ,not.

Russians are filthy and a sub-human species?

Posts like that make it sound as if you and that typist would have got on ok.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bucha massacre on 10:16 - Dec 23 with 5450 viewsonehunglow

Bucha massacre on 10:13 - Dec 23 by Dr_Winston

Morning
Yes,as a country they are,to me .
It would take me to long to expand on this and introduce a plethora of examples to justify my comments

You ve been posting good stuff off late too,so it’s nice to see.

So…Let s leave it there and enjoy the Christmas period .
[Post edited 23 Dec 2022 10:17]

Bucha massacre on 11:38 - Dec 23 with 5393 viewsBoundy

Bucha massacre on 10:16 - Dec 23 by onehunglow

Morning
It would take me to long to expand on this and introduce a plethora of examples to justify my comments

They're not really and you know that , the ordinary person on the street aspires like the majority of the world to live a normal life , happy, healthy and wealthy . The problem they've got is centuries of propaganda has instilled in them to believe that the West as a force wanting to undermine the country's so called greatness, which importantly and unfortunately in Ukraines case goes all the way to the top echelons of Russian power
Strange at times all the same

Bucha massacre on 11:42 - Dec 23 with 5390 viewsCatullus

Bucha massacre on 10:16 - Dec 23 by onehunglow

Morning

As a country? Honest question, have you been to Russia and how many Russians have you personally met?

it's a very strong comment about tens of millions of people!

The examples you could provide, would they be of a limited segment of Russian society, the rich and powerful, politicians and rogue business people?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Bucha massacre on 13:20 - Dec 23 with 5352 viewsSandanista

Bucha massacre on 11:42 - Dec 23 by Catullus

As a country? Honest question, have you been to Russia and how many Russians have you personally met?

The examples you could provide, would they be of a limited segment of Russian society, the rich and powerful, politicians and rogue business people?

I've met and worked with a few Russians and Ukrainians. I have also visited Kyiv with work. By and large people are the same, though the attitude to life and death is markedly different in Russians and Ukrainians than to us in Western Europe. Attitudes are prevalent that we may find distasteful but are part of their societies. In general well-educated people from wither country are more like us, the 'working class' (who provide Putin with popular support) less so. Subhuman? no. Different? Yes.

Exploitation of these views have allowed dictatorial 'strongmen' to gain power in the east. What Putin is doing is abhorrent and supporters in the West are being duped. Equally Ukrainians are no angels, but defending their homeland is a right.
Bucha massacre on 14:37 - Dec 23 with 5313 viewsdeanscfc

Bucha massacre on 09:50 - Dec 23 by Boundy

What I meant was I was reluctant to give the very small minority of Kremlin propagandists a platform, or to waste any time in exchanges with them.

But I do think that proving where they were so obviously wrong is important. Just in case any others bought their nonsense.

And I agree, the invasion of Ukraine definitely shouldn't be forgotten about. It's as bad now as it ever has been (with Russia's terrorism of civilian populations even more blatant), and Ukrainians need more support than ever.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2022 14:37]
Login to get fewer ads

Bucha massacre on 14:42 - Dec 23 with 5291 viewsonehunglow

Bucha massacre on 11:42 - Dec 23 by Catullus

I’ve been to Odessa. Our son had a school exchange .
Every Russian? No ,but you know that .
Certain countries have traits borne from the indigenous population and I stand my my comments. Putin got to power and remains as Russians love strength . Ask one. They hate weakness . The men are very macho. Ask a Russian woman

Their history of war crimes is out there for all to see.

I was best chums with a German guy who escaped from east Berlin and ended up in Brynmill. His family were from a village to the east of Berlin and were caught up in the Russian advance in April /May 1945. I couldn’t meet his family as they couldn’t get out of East Germany …but what he told me has stayed with me . His sister later managed to escape the east and she joined him in Swansea . I did meet her and frankly, not even scum like me would repeat what she related to me .

Serbia ,historically chums with Russia,using same alphabet ,kept up their “ work” during the various slaughters of Bosnians who didn’t fit the bill. Srebenica a perfect example of their attitude to humanity .

Bucha massacre on 14:52 - Dec 23 with 5288 viewsdeanscfc

Bucha massacre on 10:13 - Dec 23 by Dr_Winston

He said 'Russia', not its individuals.

There are good and normal people in every country but it's pretty clear that there is also a lot of toxicity within Russian culture. That there has been so little real resistance to the invasion is evidence of this. It's an authoritarian and corrupt state where propaganda and lies are encouraged.

What did you think of the video showing Russian soldiers executing civilians?
Bucha massacre on 15:45 - Dec 23 with 5253 viewsBoundy

Bucha massacre on 14:37 - Dec 23 by deanscfc

What I meant was I was reluctant to give the very small minority of Kremlin propagandists a platform, or to waste any time in exchanges with them.

But I do think that proving where they were so obviously wrong is important. Just in case any others bought their nonsense.

And I agree, the invasion of Ukraine definitely shouldn't be forgotten about. It's as bad now as it ever has been (with Russia's terrorism of civilian populations even more blatant), and Ukrainians need more support than ever.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2022 14:37]

I fully understand what you meant , one poster in particular can't miss an opportunity to spout nonsense when the rest of the world and his dog knows what's going on. Just because it's dropped out of the consciousness of most doesn't mean it's forgotten nor should it be . Keep reminding

Bucha massacre on 16:30 - Dec 23 with 5217 viewsonehunglow

Bucha massacre on 14:52 - Dec 23 by deanscfc

He said 'Russia', not its individuals.

There are good and normal people in every country but it's pretty clear that there is also a lot of toxicity within Russian culture. That there has been so little real resistance to the invasion is evidence of this. It's an authoritarian and corrupt state where propaganda and lies are encouraged.

What did you think of the video showing Russian soldiers executing civilians?

It gives Winston a chance to keep the axe sharp

That God we have some objectivity

It’s like the Welsh. Imagine somebody slagging them off.All of them that is .

In fairness ,when we read trample opining about The English ,he doesn’t mean them all individually

Got that now Dr W.

Bucha massacre on 17:40 - Dec 23 with 5187 viewsshingle

Bucha massacre on 09:57 - Dec 23 by onehunglow

Tedious ,not.

Sub human species is putting in mildly, the parents are quite contented for there teens to go to there deaths at the call of a dwarf and his cronies what an absolute sad race of people.
Bucha massacre on 18:43 - Dec 23 with 5166 viewsdeanscfc

Bucha massacre on 17:40 - Dec 23 by shingle

Sub human species is putting in mildly, the parents are quite contented for there teens to go to there deaths at the call of a dwarf and his cronies what an absolute sad race of people.

Tbh I don't agree with this rhetoric either. No 'species' or 'race' is inherently good or bad. What I can agree on is that Russian culture is poisoned by propaganda and that way too many have toxic attitudes, beliefs and behaviour because of it. Not all Russians are bad but far too many are. Far too many made racial slurs against their neighbours in Ukraine and supported or even celebrated the invasion.

Some however just didn't feel confident enough to speak out against it for fear of punishment.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2022 13:42]
Bucha massacre on 21:38 - Dec 23 with 5118 viewsCatullus

Bucha massacre on 14:42 - Dec 23 by onehunglow

I’ve been to Odessa. Our son had a school exchange .
Every Russian? No ,but you know that .
Certain countries have traits borne from the indigenous population and I stand my my comments. Putin got to power and remains as Russians love strength . Ask one. They hate weakness . The men are very macho. Ask a Russian woman

Their history of war crimes is out there for all to see.

I was best chums with a German guy who escaped from east Berlin and ended up in Brynmill. His family were from a village to the east of Berlin and were caught up in the Russian advance in April /May 1945. I couldn’t meet his family as they couldn’t get out of East Germany …but what he told me has stayed with me . His sister later managed to escape the east and she joined him in Swansea . I did meet her and frankly, not even scum like me would repeat what she related to me .

Serbia ,historically chums with Russia,using same alphabet ,kept up their “ work” during the various slaughters of Bosnians who didn’t fit the bill. Srebenica a perfect example of their attitude to humanity .

One thing I really disagree about, Putin remains because he persecutes anyone who stands against him AND he fixes the vote!

Go back 75 years and many "species" did some very bad things. Even my old grandpa, out in North Africa, on D Day, I bet he did some stiff we'd call barbaric. Do we say these things about us today? Indeed haven't we seen accusations of the SAS commiting war crimes in Afghan?

Serbia isn't Russia.

many thousands of Russians have protested against this war and we've seen how they get treated, a minimum 8 years in prison to start with if caught.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Bucha massacre on 12:18 - Dec 24 with 5007 viewsonehunglow

Bucha massacre on 21:38 - Dec 23 by Catullus

One thing I really disagree about, Putin remains because he persecutes anyone who stands against him AND he fixes the vote!

Go back 75 years and many "species" did some very bad things. Even my old grandpa, out in North Africa, on D Day, I bet he did some stiff we'd call barbaric. Do we say these things about us today? Indeed haven't we seen accusations of the SAS commiting war crimes in Afghan?

Serbia isn't Russia.

many thousands of Russians have protested against this war and we've seen how they get treated, a minimum 8 years in prison to start with if caught.

Serbia is and always has been pro Russia .

Russians ! I rembercthat Sting song. Very pretty it was too

Bucha massacre on 13:08 - Dec 24 with 4990 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Another Russianwar crime today. Russia shelled Kherson's Christmas market killing numerous civilians.

No sure a Christmas Market has any military value but no doubt Putin will claim one.

Putin also said he was willing to accept a diplomatic solution to rhe war in Ukrainian. It was the first time he has used the word war instead of special operation. It is currently a crime in Russia to use the word war instead of special operation.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Bucha massacre on 14:22 - Dec 24 with 4948 viewsWingstandwood

Bucha massacre on 13:08 - Dec 24 by felixstowe_jack

Another Russianwar crime today. Russia shelled Kherson's Christmas market killing numerous civilians.

No sure a Christmas Market has any military value but no doubt Putin will claim one.

Putin also said he was willing to accept a diplomatic solution to rhe war in Ukrainian. It was the first time he has used the word war instead of special operation. It is currently a crime in Russia to use the word war instead of special operation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11571661/Zelensky-blasts-Russian-terror

Atrocities like that will only force-multiply Ukrainian warrior like: hatred, motivation, determination, aggression and recruitment to fight to the bitter end. No matter what the cost, because there is nothing to lose when fighting for survival!

Contrite, candid and sensible ex-soldiers (even to those belonging to the same battalion) recognised the fact that 'Bloody Sunday' had an extreme opposite effect when it came to winning hearts and minds. There seems already to have been thousands of 'Bloody Sundays' out in Ukraine! God help Russian soldiers because they are venturing into an unwinnable hell!

Argus!

Bucha massacre on 14:25 - Dec 24 with 4944 viewsCatullus

Bucha massacre on 12:18 - Dec 24 by onehunglow

Serbia is and always has been pro Russia .

Russians ! I rembercthat Sting song. Very pretty it was too

Serbia is a seperate place, I know they have issues too and are ute racist as a country but that's Serbia, not Russia.

Being "pro" another country is hardly evidence they are exactly the same. Take the Uk, we are pro USA, Saudi Arabia and other countries that are uestionable too. Does that make us as a country bad? No, it means we have politiicians who are dodgy, to say the least.

Putin is as dodgy as it gets, he is desperate for power and eternal fame in Russian history.

We are dodgy by association because of politics but not because we are dodgy as a country. Russia is the same, there is good and bad everywhere.

Bucha massacre on 14:35 - Dec 24 with 4936 viewsonehunglow

Bucha massacre on 14:25 - Dec 24 by Catullus

Serbia is a seperate place, I know they have issues too and are ute racist as a country but that's Serbia, not Russia.

Being "pro" another country is hardly evidence they are exactly the same. Take the Uk, we are pro USA, Saudi Arabia and other countries that are uestionable too. Does that make us as a country bad? No, it means we have politiicians who are dodgy, to say the least.

Putin is as dodgy as it gets, he is desperate for power and eternal fame in Russian history.

We are dodgy by association because of politics but not because we are dodgy as a country. Russia is the same, there is good and bad everywhere.

Mate,they are inextricably linked to Russia and not just by alphabet.
As racist a country as you ll find ,which ties in with Russia.
How many blacks play for Serbia or Russia. Are they countries where people of colour would feel comfortable . I reckon not .

The Czars were overthrown and so could Putin. It depends if the people have the will

Bucha massacre on 18:27 - Dec 24 with 4897 viewsshingle

Bucha massacre on 18:43 - Dec 23 by deanscfc

Tbh I don't agree with this rhetoric either. No 'species' or 'race' is inherently good or bad. What I can agree on is that Russian culture is poisoned by propaganda and that way too many have toxic attitudes, beliefs and behaviour because of it. Not all Russians are bad but far too many are. Far too many made racial slurs against their neighbours in Ukraine and supported or even celebrated the invasion.

Some however just didn't feel confident enough to speak out against it for fear of punishment.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2022 13:42]

Well i guess that argument gets put to bed when you have sons and daughters who actually live and work in the Ukraine phoning and telling there parents that what they are being told by the Putin regime is all lies and untrue yet they dismiss what there own children tell them, history clearly shows us how these imbeciles behave, even in world war 2 when told to they marched blindly to certain death hence more Russians lost there lives than all the other countries combined.
Bucha massacre on 18:44 - Dec 24 with 4881 viewsCatullus

Bucha massacre on 14:35 - Dec 24 by onehunglow

Mate,they are inextricably linked to Russia and not just by alphabet.
As racist a country as you ll find ,which ties in with Russia.
How many blacks play for Serbia or Russia. Are they countries where people of colour would feel comfortable . I reckon not .

The Czars were overthrown and so could Putin. It depends if the people have the will

Yes but the Ukraine itself was inextricably linked to Russia as was Lithuania, some of the worst nazi scum came fro Lithuania and Latvia, it doesn't mean the whole country is like that.

Black people play for England but when they get something wrong we have seen the ugly faces of racists pouncing on them, it doesn't mean all English are racists.

Russia was basically started by the Rus people who were largely from the area we today call Ukraine, Eastern Slavic people with a sprinkling of Scandinavians (Varangians) as people the Ukrainians and Russians have a lot of shared history, shared cultural history.

People in Russia are standing up and protesting but they are being stamped down on, Putin is being every bit the dictator but older Russians can't see it, younger Russians are changing but it takes time.

Bucha massacre on 06:20 - Dec 25 with 4842 viewsdeanscfc

Bucha massacre on 18:27 - Dec 24 by shingle

Well i guess that argument gets put to bed when you have sons and daughters who actually live and work in the Ukraine phoning and telling there parents that what they are being told by the Putin regime is all lies and untrue yet they dismiss what there own children tell them, history clearly shows us how these imbeciles behave, even in world war 2 when told to they marched blindly to certain death hence more Russians lost there lives than all the other countries combined.

Check this one out. This 20 year old Ukrainian girl was under Russian occupation in the early days of the 2022 invasion. A Russian knows about all this and sent her this message telling her she was wrong to be celebrating the European date for Christmas instead of the old Soviet date and that Russia loves Ukraine etc etc. She despises her Russian relatives now and has disowned them.

One of her Russian 'friends' even threatened to give her location to the Russian military when under occupation. Rudsia is a toxic country right now and people probably don't realise the extent of it still.

It is the result of a huge amount of propaganda over many years. Same as what happened in Nazi Germany.

Bucha massacre on 09:43 - Dec 25 with 4803 viewsonehunglow

Bucha massacre on 06:20 - Dec 25 by deanscfc

Check this one out. This 20 year old Ukrainian girl was under Russian occupation in the early days of the 2022 invasion. A Russian knows about all this and sent her this message telling her she was wrong to be celebrating the European date for Christmas instead of the old Soviet date and that Russia loves Ukraine etc etc. She despises her Russian relatives now and has disowned them.

One of her Russian 'friends' even threatened to give her location to the Russian military when under occupation. Rudsia is a toxic country right now and people probably don't realise the extent of it still.

It is the result of a huge amount of propaganda over many years. Same as what happened in Nazi Germany.

East Europe is not that far away .
We forget so much so quickly.
We have no idea

Bucha massacre on 12:09 - Dec 26 with 4703 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Amazingly drones have reached Russian airbase 100s of miles inside Russian. On both occasions Russia "claimed" the drones were shot down by Russian Air defence system but falling debris from the drones killed service personnel on the ground.
It is a bit of an Amazing coincidence that has happened twice from only two attacks.

It has only happened once despite 10,000s of missile and drones attacks on Ukraine by Russian when one missile fell in Poland.

Perhaps a more believable explanation is that the drones hit their target in Russia.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024