Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97533 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:05 - Oct 18 with 1140 viewsmajorraglan

The 20MPH punishments on 17:05 - Oct 18 by felixstowe_jack

Another failure for the Welsh government when they took over TFW the promised that 95% of the trains journeys would be on modern new train by 2023. They figure achieved are 33% no wonder ticket sales and revenues have fallen

It’s been reported that the Pandemic is a major factor in the delay in delivering the new trains. It’s also being reported that the number of services has been increased by 20% which is a positive. I’d like to see prices reduced so people can actually afford to travel by train because the price of traveling to London is absolutely mental.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:12 - Oct 18 with 1131 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 13:59 - Oct 18 by Scotia

Correct. That could be interpreted as them both being useless, but one marginlally more useless than the other.

Well the Senedd doesn't have full powers and is only responsible for one fifteenth of the population. They also get a small fraction compared to Westminsters budget.

I'm just going to go with them both being useless.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:44 - Oct 18 with 1077 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 18:05 - Oct 18 by majorraglan

It’s been reported that the Pandemic is a major factor in the delay in delivering the new trains. It’s also being reported that the number of services has been increased by 20% which is a positive. I’d like to see prices reduced so people can actually afford to travel by train because the price of traveling to London is absolutely mental.

I don't think it's only the prices. Outside of Cardiff and the valleys it needs a complete rethink. Take this example of poor pre planning.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/i-took-train-see-wales-27932273?in
The 20MPH punishments on 09:20 - Oct 19 with 1014 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Drakeford has told MPs on the Welsh affairs Committee that he will take a record breaking petition seriously after it called for the 20mph limits to be scrapped.
The bad news is the Senedd will not consider it until March 2024.

He was also asked for his views on the delays on emergency vehicles especially on call firefighters who have to stick to the 20mph to get to their fire stations.

His reply "there are some individuals voices on some services that have expressed concerns"

"Emergency services are able to travel above the speed limits where there is a case to do so. None of this has changed "

He conveniently omitted to say that emergency vehicles will now be restricted to 10mph lower in the new 20mph zones than the old 30mph zones.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 09:30 - Oct 19 with 1008 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 09:20 - Oct 19 by felixstowe_jack

Drakeford has told MPs on the Welsh affairs Committee that he will take a record breaking petition seriously after it called for the 20mph limits to be scrapped.

He was also asked for his views on the delays on emergency vehicles especially on call firefighters who have to stick to the 20mph to get to their fire stations.

His reply "there are some individuals voices on some services that have expressed concerns"

"Emergency services are able to travel above the speed limits where there is a case to do so. None of this has changed "

He conveniently omitted to say that emergency vehicles will now be restricted to 10mph lower in the new 20mph zones than the old 30mph zones.

"The bad news is the Senedd will not consider it until March 2024."

I wonder if Starmer will have a word in his ear, the longer Drakeford leaves it the closer the debate will be to a GE. Starmer will not want the Welsh electorate to be anti Labour going into and election.
The 20MPH punishments on 09:47 - Oct 19 with 1000 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 09:20 - Oct 19 by felixstowe_jack

QUOTE: ""Emergency services are able to travel above the speed limits where there is a case to do so. None of this has changed.”

He conveniently omitted to say that emergency vehicles will now be restricted to 10mph lower in the new 20mph zones than the old 30mph zones."

That yokel Drakeford also failed to notice/mention that speed bumps are now in-situ on many vital ambulance-route thoroughfares that link one town to the next one....£260,000 was spent in Gowerton alone.

Going over a speed bump at 40mph + when a paramedic needs to perform a vital emergency medical procedure on the back of an ambulance? Yeah really?????

Drakeford is s*** under Wales’s shoe, he truly is!!!!

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 09:53 - Oct 19 with 980 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 09:47 - Oct 19 by Wingstandwood

QUOTE: ""Emergency services are able to travel above the speed limits where there is a case to do so. None of this has changed.”

He conveniently omitted to say that emergency vehicles will now be restricted to 10mph lower in the new 20mph zones than the old 30mph zones."

That yokel Drakeford also failed to notice/mention that speed bumps are now in-situ on many vital ambulance-route thoroughfares that link one town to the next one....£260,000 was spent in Gowerton alone.

Going over a speed bump at 40mph + when a paramedic needs to perform a vital emergency medical procedure on the back of an ambulance? Yeah really?????

Drakeford is s*** under Wales’s shoe, he truly is!!!!

Does he class "on call" members of the RNLI as emergency services when travelling in their own car. A very important point with so much of Wales coastal.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:50 - Oct 19 with 904 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 09:53 - Oct 19 by Whiterockin

Does he class "on call" members of the RNLI as emergency services when travelling in their own car. A very important point with so much of Wales coastal.

Lifeboat crew must stick to speed limits they are no exempt.

On call retained fire crews also are not exempt when travelling from home to their first stations it will clearly take them 50% longer to get to their fire stations when called out .

Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 20:00 - Oct 19 with 882 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 18:50 - Oct 19 by felixstowe_jack

On call retained fire crews also are not exempt when travelling from home to their first stations it will clearly take them 50% longer to get to their fire stations when called out .

33% longer?

Anyway,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/mark-drakefords-popularity-fallen-ne

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/welsh-government-issues-response-pol
The 20MPH punishments on 20:11 - Oct 19 with 879 viewsonehunglow

Tough on those drowning

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 20:26 - Oct 19 with 874 viewslifelong

Saving lives at sea is currently on BBC2 Wales.

Do you really think that those boys are going to drive at 20mph to an emergency call out?
The 20MPH punishments on 20:30 - Oct 19 with 869 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 20:26 - Oct 19 by lifelong

Saving lives at sea is currently on BBC2 Wales.

Do you really think that those boys are going to drive at 20mph to an emergency call out?

Conwy.
Lovely place but lethal.
I’d never swim there and I am still a strong swimmer .
The tide is ruthless
The sandbanks death traps

Expletive from inland towns are often clueless about the dangers of the sea.

If they were to be caught ,they should go to court and have charge dismissed

The 20MPH punishments on 20:39 - Oct 19 with 866 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 20:30 - Oct 19 by onehunglow

Conwy.
Lovely place but lethal.
I’d never swim there and I am still a strong swimmer .
The tide is ruthless
The sandbanks death traps

Expletive from inland towns are often clueless about the dangers of the sea.

If they were to be caught ,they should go to court and have charge dismissed

I had a very good friend from Colwyn Bay, we used to go up there regularly, sadly no longer with us..a real character, I miss him.
The 20MPH punishments on 06:14 - Oct 20 with 811 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 16:16 - Aug 3 by Whiterockin

Add to that it will obviously take a lot longer on some routes because of slowing down. They will not increase the number of busses, just make them less frequent.

Well this is a surprise, as I stated well before the 20 mph was introduced.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67162541
The 20MPH punishments on 06:45 - Oct 20 with 801 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 06:14 - Oct 20 by Whiterockin

It's just a shambles from start to finish.

Poorly planned, poorly implemented, completely unnecessary idiocy pushed through to make a political point.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 08:32 - Oct 20 with 783 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 20:00 - Oct 19 by SullutaCreturned

33% longer?

Anyway,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/mark-drakefords-popularity-fallen-ne

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/welsh-government-issues-response-pol

1 Mile at 30 mph is 2 minutes
1 mile at 20 mph is 3 minutes
Journey takes a minute longer

1 ÷ 2 = 0.5 × 100 = 50.

As I said 50% longer.

The 20MPH punishments on 08:35 - Oct 20 with 781 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 06:45 - Oct 20 by Dr_Winston

Poorly planned, poorly implemented, completely unnecessary idiocy pushed through to make a political point.

You would have thought the Senedd would have kept bus routes at 30 mph and limited 20 mph to side residential road.
That might even attract more people to use buses.

The 20MPH punishments on 09:06 - Oct 20 with 775 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 06:14 - Oct 20 by Whiterockin

Bus services have been drastically cut in Wales, and England, over the past decade which has nothing to do with speed limits. Bus service time tables will probably have to be amended slightly
The 20MPH punishments on 09:08 - Oct 20 with 773 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 20:39 - Oct 19 by lifelong

I had a very good friend from Colwyn Bay, we used to go up there regularly, sadly no longer with us..a real character, I miss him.

Colwyn Bay is very pleasant especially up the hills behind

The 20MPH punishments on 10:04 - Oct 20 with 763 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 09:06 - Oct 20 by lifelong

Bus services have been drastically cut in Wales, and England, over the past decade which has nothing to do with speed limits. Bus service time tables will probably have to be amended slightly

Just keep digging and ignoring the facts. Even Drakeford has said they will look at the situation next year, originally he said no. They have already informed the councils of the new criteria for re lifting the speed limits, the argument is now who is going to pay for the changes back. The latest opinion polls have hit Drakeford hard.
The 20MPH punishments on 10:04 - Oct 20 with 762 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 06:45 - Oct 20 by Dr_Winston

Aye, the yokels in Cardiff Bay do it again, and again, and again after that!

Like you previoulsy mentioned voting for devolution has been "civic suicide"....FFS it's getting very scary to even question what Wales will be like in the future with more ruination yet to come, Wales will be a public service(s)/economic wasteland!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-20mph-welsh-government-con
QUOTE (SWEP) :

"This partly explains why the X11 bus service via Llanelli to Carmarthen which originates in Swansea has had to be cut from a HALF HOURLY SERVICE to an HOURLY SERVICE as the buses on the route can't now keep to time. Part of the Welsh Government policy to get people onto public transport. Perhaps they didn't know that busses use the same roads?" (END OF QUOTE)
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 11:50]

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 10:26 - Oct 20 with 752 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 10:04 - Oct 20 by Whiterockin

Just keep digging and ignoring the facts. Even Drakeford has said they will look at the situation next year, originally he said no. They have already informed the councils of the new criteria for re lifting the speed limits, the argument is now who is going to pay for the changes back. The latest opinion polls have hit Drakeford hard.

What facts are they then?

What is incorrect about my previous post?
The 20MPH punishments on 15:29 - Oct 20 with 691 viewsWingstandwood

It goes from bad to even worse!

QUOTE: "Arriva Buses Wales said the new limit had led to an "impact on punctuality", with other possible changes including cutting some stops from certain routes."

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 10:19 - Oct 22 with 569 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 10:04 - Oct 20 by Wingstandwood

Aye, the yokels in Cardiff Bay do it again, and again, and again after that!

Like you previoulsy mentioned voting for devolution has been "civic suicide"....FFS it's getting very scary to even question what Wales will be like in the future with more ruination yet to come, Wales will be a public service(s)/economic wasteland!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-20mph-welsh-government-con
QUOTE (SWEP) :

"This partly explains why the X11 bus service via Llanelli to Carmarthen which originates in Swansea has had to be cut from a HALF HOURLY SERVICE to an HOURLY SERVICE as the buses on the route can't now keep to time. Part of the Welsh Government policy to get people onto public transport. Perhaps they didn't know that busses use the same roads?" (END OF QUOTE)
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 11:50]

Due the major problems in timekeeping there is a new bus timetable coming out in the Swansea area next Sunday 29th. Routes are being changed and busses being cut by up to 50%. Some of these busses are often 75% full at certain times with people commuting to work. Often these are workers with lower paid jobs who can not afford to drive, like nursing home staff. A 50% cut will mean that not only will some people find it difficult to get to work on time but they may not even get on a bus if it is full as it will be on occasions.

A minor tweak to timetables, I think not.
The 20MPH punishments on 10:32 - Oct 22 with 563 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 10:19 - Oct 22 by Whiterockin

Due the major problems in timekeeping there is a new bus timetable coming out in the Swansea area next Sunday 29th. Routes are being changed and busses being cut by up to 50%. Some of these busses are often 75% full at certain times with people commuting to work. Often these are workers with lower paid jobs who can not afford to drive, like nursing home staff. A 50% cut will mean that not only will some people find it difficult to get to work on time but they may not even get on a bus if it is full as it will be on occasions.

A minor tweak to timetables, I think not.

I guess we'll have to see how it pans out but if people cannot get to work that's worse for the economy, it's also going to be worse for their families and all their health, physical AND mental.

I see the big company vehicles doing the 20 but private businesses and most car drivers seem to be ignoring the 20. There's going to be lots of tickets and fines given out when the sttling in period ends.

As I said, when in my works van I do the 20, its tracked so I have no choice but, as soon as I get in my car the rules change though I still drive at a safe speed, I don't do 50 in residential areas like some lunatics, usually around 25.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024