Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97626 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 19:11 - Dec 11 with 902 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 18:47 - Dec 11 by SullutaCreturned

Ok lets run with the lack of funding, of bus services are being cut because of "no money" and those fewer services that remain are slower because they have been "altered" then why does the Senedd think the 20mph thing will get more people onto buses?

We have fewer services running moe slowly with prices rising where people already didn't use buses because the servvices weren't good enough. making people drive more slowly is NOT going to encourage them onto a bus service tht doesn't match their needs and is more expensive than taking the car.

If more services are axed becase of the new 20 limit it will drive more people into cars.

Articles state, bus companies may consider cuts. Nothing says they have been
The 20MPH punishments on 19:20 - Dec 11 with 892 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 19:11 - Dec 11 by controversial_jack

Articles state, bus companies may consider cuts. Nothing says they have been

Maybe read it again and when you fully comprehend what it says, try again? because my post doesn't say services have been cut either, it sayd IF.
The 20MPH punishments on 19:24 - Dec 11 with 888 viewspencoedjack

The 20MPH punishments on 19:20 - Dec 11 by SullutaCreturned

Maybe read it again and when you fully comprehend what it says, try again? because my post doesn't say services have been cut either, it sayd IF.

It’s hard work fella.

Maybe it’s best let them think it’s a good idea when the rest of us know it’s ludicrous.
The 20MPH punishments on 19:31 - Dec 11 with 865 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 19:24 - Dec 11 by pencoedjack

It’s hard work fella.

Maybe it’s best let them think it’s a good idea when the rest of us know it’s ludicrous.

If people thought it was a good idea you wouldn't have a thread 43 pages long.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:57 - Dec 11 with 824 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 18:47 - Dec 11 by SullutaCreturned

Ok lets run with the lack of funding, of bus services are being cut because of "no money" and those fewer services that remain are slower because they have been "altered" then why does the Senedd think the 20mph thing will get more people onto buses?

We have fewer services running moe slowly with prices rising where people already didn't use buses because the servvices weren't good enough. making people drive more slowly is NOT going to encourage them onto a bus service tht doesn't match their needs and is more expensive than taking the car.

If more services are axed becase of the new 20 limit it will drive more people into cars.

As I’ve indicated in a previous post, bus services in England and Wales have declined over the past 15 years, this has been for a number of reasons and 20mph speed limits is not one of them.
There were a number of cuts last year and earlier this year before the limit was implemented, the point I am attempting to make is that any future cuts will not be down to the 20mph limit, in my opinion.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:38 - Dec 11 with 780 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 19:31 - Dec 11 by Whiterockin

If people thought it was a good idea you wouldn't have a thread 43 pages long.

It's 43 pages long on here and on other media outlets such as Facebook then you can understand the feeling of the general public not just on this subject but anything related to corruption bay ,formerly known as the Sennedd

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 22:02 - Dec 11 with 777 viewsKilkennyjack

Plans to drop the speed limit on most of Scotland's urban roads to 20mph are to be introduced by 2025.
Transport minister Fiona Hyslop confirmed the move at a road safety conference in Edinburgh on Thursday.
Lower limits are already in place in parts of the capital, Glasgow, the Highlands and Scottish Borders.
The move will bring Scotland in line with Wales, which became the first in the UK to introduce a 20mph limit in September.

Professor Drakeford leading the way again.

Well done Scotland to place their peoples lives above the feelings of the moaning old gammons whose sense of entitlement is off the scale.

Beware of the Risen People

The 20MPH punishments on 22:41 - Dec 11 with 758 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 22:02 - Dec 11 by Kilkennyjack

Plans to drop the speed limit on most of Scotland's urban roads to 20mph are to be introduced by 2025.
Transport minister Fiona Hyslop confirmed the move at a road safety conference in Edinburgh on Thursday.
Lower limits are already in place in parts of the capital, Glasgow, the Highlands and Scottish Borders.
The move will bring Scotland in line with Wales, which became the first in the UK to introduce a 20mph limit in September.

Professor Drakeford leading the way again.

Well done Scotland to place their peoples lives above the feelings of the moaning old gammons whose sense of entitlement is off the scale.

The Dutch are at it now.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&c
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 23:15 - Dec 11 with 738 viewsKilkennyjack

The 20MPH punishments on 22:41 - Dec 11 by lifelong

The Dutch are at it now.

Its almost like its a good thing to do, but it cant be cos Wales suggested it first and not Westminster.

Saving lives is a good thing after all…. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Beware of the Risen People

The 20MPH punishments on 23:33 - Dec 11 with 734 viewscontroversial_jack

The Dutch are at it now.

Many places in the Netherlands already have 18 mph limits
The 20MPH punishments on 08:03 - Dec 12 with 686 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 23:15 - Dec 11 by Kilkennyjack

Its almost like its a good thing to do, but it cant be cos Wales suggested it first and not Westminster.

Saving lives is a good thing after all…. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

If only it was about saving lived. 70% of all road deaths in Wales are on rural roads which have higher speed limits. Only 30% are on road with the old 30mph default limit.

If Drakeford wanted to save lived he would have invested in new bypasses and accident blackspots on the most dangerous roads.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 08:48 - Dec 12 with 672 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 08:03 - Dec 12 by felixstowe_jack

If only it was about saving lived. 70% of all road deaths in Wales are on rural roads which have higher speed limits. Only 30% are on road with the old 30mph default limit.

If Drakeford wanted to save lived he would have invested in new bypasses and accident blackspots on the most dangerous roads.

Motorists wouldn't follow those speed limits, hence the accidents. This way they have to, especially if it's enforced
The 20MPH punishments on 08:56 - Dec 12 with 670 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 08:48 - Dec 12 by controversial_jack

Motorists wouldn't follow those speed limits, hence the accidents. This way they have to, especially if it's enforced

Correct most accidents and deaths are caused by motorist speeding, dangerous driving, drunk and drink driving, inexperience or misjudging road conditions.

Very few deaths are caused by motorist driving in a safe manner in 30mph zones.

The 20MPH punishments on 09:59 - Dec 12 with 657 viewsWhiterockin

The Dutch are at it now.

I don't think anyone complaining about 20 mph speed limits in certain areas, its the default speed limit that people are complaining about. The Dutch are not implementing a default speed limit throughout the country. So your argument does not stand up.
The 20MPH punishments on 10:09 - Dec 12 with 650 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 09:59 - Dec 12 by Whiterockin

I don't think anyone complaining about 20 mph speed limits in certain areas, its the default speed limit that people are complaining about. The Dutch are not implementing a default speed limit throughout the country. So your argument does not stand up.

I’m not saying they have a default speed limit. They have a 18mph limit in many urban areas. It has worked too, it’s cut down on accidents and deaths. I believe it’s similar in Spain too. It wasn’t sn argument or opinion, it’s fact
The 20MPH punishments on 10:18 - Dec 12 with 643 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 10:09 - Dec 12 by controversial_jack

I’m not saying they have a default speed limit. They have a 18mph limit in many urban areas. It has worked too, it’s cut down on accidents and deaths. I believe it’s similar in Spain too. It wasn’t sn argument or opinion, it’s fact

Absolutely no comparison between a default speed limit throughout a country and one implemented where it is needed.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:06 - Dec 12 with 620 viewspencoedjack

The 20MPH punishments on 09:59 - Dec 12 by Whiterockin

Probably be a good idea for him (& others) to visit the Netherlands & see their infrastructure & how its easy for them to use bikes.

Motorways, rail & trams are all excellent & Utrecht is somewhat easier to cycle in than (as an example) Neath.

I don't think 1 person disagrees with 20 mph outside schools.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:18 - Dec 12 with 619 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 10:18 - Dec 12 by Whiterockin

Absolutely no comparison between a default speed limit throughout a country and one implemented where it is needed.

I would say 20mph is needed in urban areas
The 20MPH punishments on 11:27 - Dec 12 with 617 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 11:18 - Dec 12 by controversial_jack

I would say 20mph is needed in urban areas

Agreed in some, but not as a default. Particularly not as a default in some rural areas.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:33 - Dec 12 with 615 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 11:27 - Dec 12 by Whiterockin

Agreed in some, but not as a default. Particularly not as a default in some rural areas.

I’ve only seen it in areas where i think it’s justified
The 20MPH punishments on 13:01 - Dec 12 with 582 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Another tragic accident involving multiple fatalities of young people. This is the third one in Wales this year resulting in 11 deaths. Taken in context there were 95 road deaths in Wales last year. This is the area the Welsh Government should be tackling as a matter of urgency.

The 20MPH punishments on 13:41 - Dec 12 with 566 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 13:01 - Dec 12 by felixstowe_jack

Another tragic accident involving multiple fatalities of young people. This is the third one in Wales this year resulting in 11 deaths. Taken in context there were 95 road deaths in Wales last year. This is the area the Welsh Government should be tackling as a matter of urgency.

Indeed.
It’s why I bang in about young drivers .
It’s sheer l@ck of driving skill,poor anticipation of hazards and over exuberance
We need to restructure the driving test for a start .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 13:46 - Dec 12 with 554 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 11:06 - Dec 12 by pencoedjack

Probably be a good idea for him (& others) to visit the Netherlands & see their infrastructure & how its easy for them to use bikes.

Motorways, rail & trams are all excellent & Utrecht is somewhat easier to cycle in than (as an example) Neath.

I don't think 1 person disagrees with 20 mph outside schools.

It’s probably a good idea if you, and others, have to inform the family of one of the hundreds of people seriously injured in 30mph limit zones that in the great scheme of things it’s quite insignificant.
Almost 10 people a week were seriously injured in 30mph zones last year in Wales.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2023 13:59]
The 20MPH punishments on 13:47 - Dec 12 with 553 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 11:33 - Dec 12 by controversial_jack

I’ve only seen it in areas where i think it’s justified

A bit like Drakeford's consultation process , not a fair reflection on the need to reduce speeds , just in case put a blanket reduction .
Good government is judged on its processes and outcomes ,this is another example of because I say so it will be done .

The 20MPH punishments on 22:00 - Dec 12 with 472 viewsBoundy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/yougov-poll-shows-falling-support-for-wale

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024