Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97554 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 10:30 - Mar 13 with 1099 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 08:12 - Mar 11 by felixstowe_jack

All statistics show 70% of serious road accidents and deaths occur outside the 30mph zones.

The most dangerous roads are single carriageways rural roads.
They are the roads the Senedd should be investing in.

I see the Senedd transport minister Lee Walters is stepping down saying he will not be wanted by the new first minister. Wonder why?

He still arrogantly says his blanket/default 20 mph limit is right for Wales despite 469,500 Welsh Adults signing the petition to rescind the 20 mph law.

Only 5,392 people have signed the petition to keep the 20 mph law .

Those who sign it are probably those that exceed it. Police are catching drivers in Port Talbot on Afan way and Victoria road
The 20MPH punishments on 10:58 - Mar 13 with 1075 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 10:30 - Mar 13 by controversial_jack

Those who sign it are probably those that exceed it. Police are catching drivers in Port Talbot on Afan way and Victoria road

Nearly half a million signatures, Wales must have an extraordinarily high number of speeding motorists, I'm surprised there's anyone left with a licence.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:42 - Mar 13 with 1042 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 10:58 - Mar 13 by Whiterockin

Nearly half a million signatures, Wales must have an extraordinarily high number of speeding motorists, I'm surprised there's anyone left with a licence.

Yes, Indeed!
The 20MPH punishments on 12:06 - Mar 13 with 1034 viewsfelixstowe_jack

A wrong assumption by you to assume everyone in Wales who signed the petition are speeding motorist.

Most are probably safe drivers who can see the folly of Drakeford's default/blanket 20mph limit in urban areas where it is clearly not needed.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 16:57 - Mar 13 with 991 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 12:06 - Mar 13 by felixstowe_jack

A wrong assumption by you to assume everyone in Wales who signed the petition are speeding motorist.

Most are probably safe drivers who can see the folly of Drakeford's default/blanket 20mph limit in urban areas where it is clearly not needed.

Not my assumption mate, look at the post that I replied.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:12 - Mar 13 with 959 viewsSullutaCreturned

If that were the case then Wales must have had an extrordinarily hgh number of god drivers too, otherwise why weren't there many more accidents and deaths?

Put another way, thse who speed continue to do so, changing the limits made little differnce. What we needed was more police, more enforcement, more education and stronger punishments.

Otherwise people will continue to be killed on our roads,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/gifted-dressage-rider-killed-crash

And a man died in a crash in Monmouth today too. Several teenagers have died this year, since the limits changed. Speed limits only work when people obey them.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:18 - Mar 13 with 952 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 17:12 - Mar 13 by SullutaCreturned

If that were the case then Wales must have had an extrordinarily hgh number of god drivers too, otherwise why weren't there many more accidents and deaths?

Put another way, thse who speed continue to do so, changing the limits made little differnce. What we needed was more police, more enforcement, more education and stronger punishments.

Otherwise people will continue to be killed on our roads,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/gifted-dressage-rider-killed-crash

And a man died in a crash in Monmouth today too. Several teenagers have died this year, since the limits changed. Speed limits only work when people obey them.

I don't think people realise it was a tounge in cheek response to a post.
The 20MPH punishments on 23:09 - Mar 13 with 876 viewsKilkennyjack

The 20MPH punishments on 08:12 - Mar 11 by felixstowe_jack

All statistics show 70% of serious road accidents and deaths occur outside the 30mph zones.

The most dangerous roads are single carriageways rural roads.
They are the roads the Senedd should be investing in.

I see the Senedd transport minister Lee Walters is stepping down saying he will not be wanted by the new first minister. Wonder why?

He still arrogantly says his blanket/default 20 mph limit is right for Wales despite 469,500 Welsh Adults signing the petition to rescind the 20 mph law.

Only 5,392 people have signed the petition to keep the 20 mph law .

Is this you Felix ?

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 07:35 - Mar 14 with 827 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 23:09 - Mar 13 by Kilkennyjack

Is this you Felix ?

You still supporting the stupid decisions imposed on the people of Wales by Drakeford and the Labour Senedd.

The 20MPH punishments on 09:53 - Mar 14 with 809 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 07:35 - Mar 14 by felixstowe_jack

You still supporting the stupid decisions imposed on the people of Wales by Drakeford and the Labour Senedd.

I support the decision regarding the 20mph limit, you don’t.. get over it.
The 20MPH punishments on 10:40 - Mar 14 with 797 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 09:53 - Mar 14 by lifelong

I support the decision regarding the 20mph limit, you don’t.. get over it.

Fortunately we live on a democracy.
In Wales for every 1 person who supports the 20mph law 100 oppose it. That is based on the number of people who have signed the two Senedd petitions.

Drakeford came out with another gem today
"I am surprised by the level opposition and anger the new 20mph law has provoked"
Clearly he did not consult with the Welsh public before he made another of his stupid comments or listen to any options that it would harm Welsh Business, tourism and the Welsh economy as we as making people's lives harder.

The 20MPH punishments on 14:44 - Mar 15 with 707 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 07:35 - Mar 14 by felixstowe_jack

All legislation is imposed on the people, whoever it comes from.Are you that naive ?

We have a representative democracy not a direct democracy. If you don't like the legislation, then show your disapproval at the next election, and see what you get instead.
[Post edited 15 Mar 14:48]
The 20MPH punishments on 14:57 - Mar 15 with 692 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 10:40 - Mar 14 by felixstowe_jack

Fortunately we live on a democracy.
In Wales for every 1 person who supports the 20mph law 100 oppose it. That is based on the number of people who have signed the two Senedd petitions.

Drakeford came out with another gem today
"I am surprised by the level opposition and anger the new 20mph law has provoked"
Clearly he did not consult with the Welsh public before he made another of his stupid comments or listen to any options that it would harm Welsh Business, tourism and the Welsh economy as we as making people's lives harder.

On paper ,it’s a good idea .
Biggest issue is standard of driving and attitudes.
This is fundamental but should me believe 20 mph will be the answer
It won’t
We need to retrain and reset attitudes

I had a small issue with my new EV yesterday and for 10 secs was stuck as I faffed about inside .
This was at a set of temporary traffic lights l
Knob behind starts honking his horn
I managed to restrain myself

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 15:22 - Mar 15 with 667 viewsFlashberryjack

The 20MPH punishments on 14:57 - Mar 15 by onehunglow

On paper ,it’s a good idea .
Biggest issue is standard of driving and attitudes.
This is fundamental but should me believe 20 mph will be the answer
It won’t
We need to retrain and reset attitudes

I had a small issue with my new EV yesterday and for 10 secs was stuck as I faffed about inside .
This was at a set of temporary traffic lights l
Knob behind starts honking his horn
I managed to restrain myself

I think it looks an even worse idea on paper.

It just goes to show how pathetic Drakeford is, if he's surprised that the vast majority of Welsh motorists are unhappy at the 20 mph, what planet is he on ? god knows.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The 20MPH punishments on 15:31 - Mar 15 with 657 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 15:22 - Mar 15 by Flashberryjack

I think it looks an even worse idea on paper.

It just goes to show how pathetic Drakeford is, if he's surprised that the vast majority of Welsh motorists are unhappy at the 20 mph, what planet is he on ? god knows.

I have bored myself shytless on this thread I admit but people have to u dear stand that the ethos of most drivers is garbage
Cars are still the precious steel bubble in which they feel safe ,secure and proud ( bigger car than yiu). Those outside,cyclists,( demons) horse riders,pedestrians are all seen as interlopers .
Attitudes to cyclists by sone turns my guts inside out .bad cyclists abound but they are killed not kill.
And the latest brainwave is to retest the most experienced drivers who learned to drive in cars that the beauts today couldn’t handle. Double clutch up and down,for example . No power steering ,which would preclude most females on large 4x4 s ,for a start .

The 20MPH punishments on 15:33 - Mar 15 with 653 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 15:31 - Mar 15 by onehunglow

I have bored myself shytless on this thread I admit but people have to u dear stand that the ethos of most drivers is garbage
Cars are still the precious steel bubble in which they feel safe ,secure and proud ( bigger car than yiu). Those outside,cyclists,( demons) horse riders,pedestrians are all seen as interlopers .
Attitudes to cyclists by sone turns my guts inside out .bad cyclists abound but they are killed not kill.
And the latest brainwave is to retest the most experienced drivers who learned to drive in cars that the beauts today couldn’t handle. Double clutch up and down,for example . No power steering ,which would preclude most females on large 4x4 s ,for a start .

And finally, jail those who drive uninsured

The 20MPH punishments on 16:38 - Mar 15 with 632 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 15:31 - Mar 15 by onehunglow

What you say about those cars that us of a cetain age drove is true but even so, older drivers still need closer monitoring.

The absolute truth is younger drivers need even closer monitoring than that.

On passing their test there should be a curfew, no driving after 11pm unless on the way home from work.
They should be restricted to 1 litre engines until they've been driving for 2 years and the car should have to have a black box too.
All new drivers should HAVE to have dash cams front and back.

That's a start. It's young drivers that kill most people, something needs to be done. This was in England but the numbers are for Wales too,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/articles/c517rnryj04o
The 20MPH punishments on 17:10 - Mar 15 with 612 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 16:38 - Mar 15 by SullutaCreturned

What you say about those cars that us of a cetain age drove is true but even so, older drivers still need closer monitoring.

On passing their test there should be a curfew, no driving after 11pm unless on the way home from work.
They should be restricted to 1 litre engines until they've been driving for 2 years and the car should have to have a black box too.

That's a start. It's young drivers that kill most people, something needs to be done. This was in England but the numbers are for Wales too,

Cat,me ok mucker.
Analyse these age group assertions
17-21 ….fearless and brainless
21- 30 . They know the lot . Are super skilled drivers and their ability cannot be questioned. They would rather be called a bad lover than a driver
30-40. More experienced but by this time bad habits accumalated over the years are starting to tell.Concentration levels start to decreased due to complacency setting in.
40-60 either better as appreciation of hazards is more profound or worse as concentration levels are overtaken by other matters which impinge of the thinking process.,ie,many RTCs caused by drivers minds being in another place .
60-75 .. possibly the best age group as they’ve started to slow down ,fully appreciate the numbers of dykeheads on the roads .
0ver 75? Just burn them !
Glasses help vision,hearing aid hearing . I’ve heard 20 yr olds driving listening a sound system that can be heard in the next village . Nobody can concentrate driving a car with a level of sound that high.

The 20MPH punishments on 18:27 - Mar 15 with 574 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 16:38 - Mar 15 by SullutaCreturned

Would you have the same rules for a forty year old passing their test as a 19 year old? Not all first time passers are young drivers. Many youngsters who live in places like London don't drive until they relocate and need a car.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:28 - Mar 15 with 570 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 17:10 - Mar 15 by onehunglow

Cat,me ok mucker.
Analyse these age group assertions
17-21 ….fearless and brainless
21- 30 . They know the lot . Are super skilled drivers and their ability cannot be questioned. They would rather be called a bad lover than a driver
30-40. More experienced but by this time bad habits accumalated over the years are starting to tell.Concentration levels start to decreased due to complacency setting in.
40-60 either better as appreciation of hazards is more profound or worse as concentration levels are overtaken by other matters which impinge of the thinking process.,ie,many RTCs caused by drivers minds being in another place .
60-75 .. possibly the best age group as they’ve started to slow down ,fully appreciate the numbers of dykeheads on the roads .
0ver 75? Just burn them !
Glasses help vision,hearing aid hearing . I’ve heard 20 yr olds driving listening a sound system that can be heard in the next village . Nobody can concentrate driving a car with a level of sound that high.

60-75, thing is your reactions are slowing down, amongst other problems that come with age.

I have 3 years until 60, I think I am currently the best driver I have ever been, I am calm, I drive more slowly when conditions seem to demand it. I don't overtake dangerously, I am more patient which means no roadrage.
Thing is, those things come to us at different ages. There are very good and very bad drivers in all age groups. What the numbers show tho, is older people have accidents mostly involving themselves and younger people have accidents that kill people, it's a generalisation obviously but we have to take it as it's all we have.

I reckon 30-60 has the most "least dangerous" drivers though somebody may prove me wrong. 18-30 has the most drivers who are dangerous to others.
The 20MPH punishments on 19:00 - Mar 15 with 540 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 18:28 - Mar 15 by SullutaCreturned

60-75, thing is your reactions are slowing down, amongst other problems that come with age.

I have 3 years until 60, I think I am currently the best driver I have ever been, I am calm, I drive more slowly when conditions seem to demand it. I don't overtake dangerously, I am more patient which means no roadrage.
Thing is, those things come to us at different ages. There are very good and very bad drivers in all age groups. What the numbers show tho, is older people have accidents mostly involving themselves and younger people have accidents that kill people, it's a generalisation obviously but we have to take it as it's all we have.

I reckon 30-60 has the most "least dangerous" drivers though somebody may prove me wrong. 18-30 has the most drivers who are dangerous to others.

Not necessarily so .
Personally ,last year I did a track day driving Ferraris, Subaru Impreza and Aston.
My track times were quicker than all but one of the 20 participants .
My experience and perception and interpretation of hazards makes me more than decent . OK,I’m highly and extensively trained but experience is important
Many youngsters reactions mean nothing as their interpretation of the hazard is lacking .

Yes, the rest should be the same,of course it should although drivers under25 should have a bhp limit

The 20MPH punishments on 19:05 - Mar 15 with 540 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 19:00 - Mar 15 by onehunglow

Not necessarily so .
Personally ,last year I did a track day driving Ferraris, Subaru Impreza and Aston.
My track times were quicker than all but one of the 20 participants .
My experience and perception and interpretation of hazards makes me more than decent . OK,I’m highly and extensively trained but experience is important
Many youngsters reactions mean nothing as their interpretation of the hazard is lacking .

Yes, the rest should be the same,of course it should although drivers under25 should have a bhp limit

As I said, there will always be exceptions. Your training stands you in good stead but most of these youngsters have passed their tests in small cars of less than 1.6 litres but then go out and buy big BMW's and the like, with over 2 litre BHP and drive fast because they think they are immortal. Accidents, deaths, they happen to old people, to other people, it's what young people are like and its why they are dangerous.

Again, there will be exceptions, some young people will be great drivers.

An experienced driver, even one without advanced tarining, will see a hazard an younger driver won't see or understand. My son sometimes says to me, how did you know and I tell him, I could see by the cars speed, the angle and what was going on around me. Not that I'm a fantastic driver but sometimes you see something coming.
The 20MPH punishments on 09:00 - Mar 16 with 494 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 19:05 - Mar 15 by SullutaCreturned

As I said, there will always be exceptions. Your training stands you in good stead but most of these youngsters have passed their tests in small cars of less than 1.6 litres but then go out and buy big BMW's and the like, with over 2 litre BHP and drive fast because they think they are immortal. Accidents, deaths, they happen to old people, to other people, it's what young people are like and its why they are dangerous.

Again, there will be exceptions, some young people will be great drivers.

An experienced driver, even one without advanced tarining, will see a hazard an younger driver won't see or understand. My son sometimes says to me, how did you know and I tell him, I could see by the cars speed, the angle and what was going on around me. Not that I'm a fantastic driver but sometimes you see something coming.

That post is why Inlook forward to having dialogue with yiu.
Have to add that on the first day of a police standard driving course ,yiu are given a 20 min test straight off where you are assessed.
They literally take you apart .
They did me,and I thought air was a good driver.
You are then retrained to the System
It stays with you
I did Motor cycle courses too and got class 1 for both
Bike courses are fruity though . Did mine on BMWs which I hated .

The 20MPH punishments on 21:55 - Mar 16 with 425 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 18:27 - Mar 15 by Whiterockin

Would you have the same rules for a forty year old passing their test as a 19 year old? Not all first time passers are young drivers. Many youngsters who live in places like London don't drive until they relocate and need a car.

A new driver is a new driver regardless of age. So yes, I would. New drivers need to build up experience before being let lose in large, powerful cars.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:04 - Mar 17 with 365 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 21:55 - Mar 16 by SullutaCreturned

A new driver is a new driver regardless of age. So yes, I would. New drivers need to build up experience before being let lose in large, powerful cars.

Most youngsters don't and can't afford big powerful cars
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024