Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City 14:50 - Sep 2 with 2583 viewsSwansIndependent

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City 2nd Sep 2023 14:49
Michael Duff is still looking for his first league win of the season after falling to a 2-1 defeat to Bristol City. That’s five games down and only two points on the board. 1

That was bloody awful. Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 14:56 - Sep 2 with 2531 viewsonehunglow

I’m sure captain Grimes will tell them what it means what with him now on almost legend status .

These are desperate times.

Back four
Key,Humphreys ,Pedersen ,an other

Ginnelly Allen ( capt) Charlie ,Tymon.

Myk Jerry

And hope

Wood should have been sold and it was a chance missed.
Cabango is shot to pieces
Darling is simply a Russy dud we are stuck with .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 15:00 - Sep 2 with 2526 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 14:56 - Sep 2 by onehunglow

I’m sure captain Grimes will tell them what it means what with him now on almost legend status .

These are desperate times.

Back four
Key,Humphreys ,Pedersen ,an other

Ginnelly Allen ( capt) Charlie ,Tymon.

Myk Jerry

And hope

Wood should have been sold and it was a chance missed.
Cabango is shot to pieces
Darling is simply a Russy dud we are stuck with .

Be careful what you wish for.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 15:02 - Sep 2 with 2501 viewsonehunglow

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 15:00 - Sep 2 by KeithHaynes

Be careful what you wish for.

I’m not a wishful kinda guy Keith.
I had that beaten out of me at an early age

I wish we were better run though

I remember the pelters I got when suggesting Pearson as a manger for us years ago.

I wish he had.

I might be wrong

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 15:08 - Sep 2 with 2481 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 15:02 - Sep 2 by onehunglow

I’m not a wishful kinda guy Keith.
I had that beaten out of me at an early age

I wish we were better run though

I remember the pelters I got when suggesting Pearson as a manger for us years ago.

I wish he had.

I might be wrong

He would have us in the championship in exactly the way Duff will when he turns the taps on properly. Mid table, hard to beat and championship average. That’s what we are.

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 15:45 - Sep 2 with 2348 viewsAnotherJohn

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 15:08 - Sep 2 by KeithHaynes

He would have us in the championship in exactly the way Duff will when he turns the taps on properly. Mid table, hard to beat and championship average. That’s what we are.

The hard truth is that this window has left us closer to being a team of journeymen than we have been since relegation.
Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 16:00 - Sep 2 with 2294 viewsraynor94

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 15:08 - Sep 2 by KeithHaynes

I sincerely hope you are right Keith

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 16:07 - Sep 2 with 2267 viewsjacksfullaces

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 15:45 - Sep 2 by AnotherJohn

The hard truth is that this window has left us closer to being a team of journeymen than we have been since relegation.

I noted the usual 24 hrs of blame and expectation on here. A few sales led to anxious calls for signings and the owners back in the spotlight as pantomime villains. They made several signings so we now have lots of players. everyone happy briefly until we realise the nature of those signings may not take us to the promised land. I think Duff may be the chap to turn these into a mid table team, suspect that will not be to the liking of most. Each manager since relegation perhaps performing a little worse than the last in the fans eyes, the quality they have to work with has perhaps been the reason in the main. young, prospective signings to fit into a style, remember those days? until that happens mid table obscurity needs to be our goal.
Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 16:09 - Sep 2 with 2245 viewsonehunglow

We aren’t at the moment

Login to get fewer ads

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 16:13 - Sep 2 with 2248 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well, we aren't really hard to beat right now
Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 17:41 - Sep 2 with 2041 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 16:13 - Sep 2 by SullutaCreturned

Well, we aren't really hard to beat right now

I did say when …

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 19:10 - Sep 2 with 1913 viewsdantheswansman

To call it dismal is to do a disservice and lie about some players out there today, Cullen worked hard and got his rewards
Patino has assisted three times in four games he is hardly dismal
Grimes is working his absolute ass off but needs support but still not a dismal display in any metric
Ginelly was excellent and caused all kinds of problems

Its not on when you can just put a headline out there that is far from truthful, we lost by a single goal
Never in my recollection is that considered dismal, we all want a win and a better display but lets not spout absolute BS because we feel we should have done better
There is always room for improvement but i am not having this "dismal display" when there were players out there who were and have been top quality since joining
Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 19:21 - Sep 2 with 1893 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 19:10 - Sep 2 by dantheswansman

To call it dismal is to do a disservice and lie about some players out there today, Cullen worked hard and got his rewards
Grimes is working his absolute ass off but needs support but still not a dismal display in any metric

Its not on when you can just put a headline out there that is far from truthful, we lost by a single goal
Never in my recollection is that considered dismal, we all want a win and a better display but lets not spout absolute BS because we feel we should have done better
There is always room for improvement but i am not having this "dismal display" when there were players out there who were and have been top quality since joining

Overall ?

I think to call the report BS does a disservice to the writer. He doesn’t need to take time out to give a view, but if you disagree possibly a more considered response would work ?

With regards to the ‘overall’ performance, the head coach said as much as well, if not far worse.

Liam is a young man making his way in the world of journalism. It’s not the first time this week the site has had to defend a young man trying his best to develop. Being described as a liar, or at best his text being described as such isn’t the best way forwards, if you are going to give him feedback which I can assure you he accepts gratefully best do it in a way he can at least get better.

Poor form there.

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 19:38 - Sep 2 with 1856 viewsKeithHaynes

I was sent this. And this was about RM. Not that we ever criticised him 😂

Swansea City players given three days off after Preston debacle 29th Aug 2021 12:00
Russell Martin has given the entire Swansea City squad three days off after their dismal performance against Preston at Deepdale on Saturday. It coincides nicely with the closure of Fairwood for Covid cleaning, plus it also gives him and the swans hierarchy time to assess the chaotic transfer window ahead. 0

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 20:36 - Sep 2 with 1784 viewsscruffyjack

It could have been four/five, we were miles behind. We’ve got no pace, they did, especially on the left where they tore us apart. Centre half playing right back? Jesus wept!
Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 08:03 - Sep 3 with 1599 viewsBoundy

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 19:10 - Sep 2 by dantheswansman

I note you only mentioned 3 of the starting 11 and a sub , how about an assessment of the remainder . The result does show we lost by a single goal but even those with rose tinted specs on must admit on another day those disallowed Bristol goals could have stood of the fact they struck the post .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 09:33 - Sep 3 with 1548 viewsonehunglow

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 08:03 - Sep 3 by Boundy

I note you only mentioned 3 of the starting 11 and a sub , how about an assessment of the remainder . The result does show we lost by a single goal but even those with rose tinted specs on must admit on another day those disallowed Bristol goals could have stood of the fact they struck the post .

It wasn’t dismal more inept

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 21:49 - Sep 7 with 1334 viewsdantheswansman

Ok the writer must be on crack, it was far from dismal and a person opinion doesn't excuse that, he is woefully wrong and plain dumb for having such an opinion , it doesn't even make sense to be honest, its disrespectful and boring if i am to critique
[Post edited 7 Sep 2023 21:53]
Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 08:58 - Sep 8 with 1277 viewsonehunglow

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 21:49 - Sep 7 by dantheswansman

Ok the writer must be on crack, it was far from dismal and a person opinion doesn't excuse that, he is woefully wrong and plain dumb for having such an opinion , it doesn't even make sense to be honest, its disrespectful and boring if i am to critique

Defeats are dismal

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 10:18 - Sep 8 with 1244 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 21:49 - Sep 7 by dantheswansman

The personal insults towards the writer of the report can stop now.

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 11:46 - Sep 8 with 1190 viewsbuilthjack

It looks a decent report to me. No need for insults whatsoever.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swans lack a cutting edge in a dismal performance against Bristol City on 12:19 - Sep 8 with 1154 viewsswansvalleyjack

The report was fair. Dismal performance is right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024