Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Allen out for ages 23:26 - Sep 19 with 4682 viewsKeithHaynes

I despair.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joe Allen out for ages on 17:27 - Sep 22 with 1007 viewsjack247

Joe Allen out for ages on 10:10 - Sep 22 by KeithHaynes

That’s the issue.

Even if that is the case, it’s a strange thing for a manager to say publicly. You’d like to think that kind of thing would be kept under wraps.

I’d normally think a manager saying that felt threatened, but he says such odd things in his press conferences, it may just be how he is.
Joe Allen out for ages on 18:15 - Sep 22 with 950 viewsshingle

This is what happens more often than not when you bring in passed there best injury prone old guys.
Joe Allen out for ages on 18:50 - Sep 22 with 925 viewsonehunglow

Joe Allen out for ages on 18:15 - Sep 22 by shingle

This is what happens more often than not when you bring in passed there best injury prone old guys.

As I’ve said.
We have firm thought for it.
Bony should have been a blinding example of the folly if it.
Joe is done, finished,washed up. A great little warrior who should now be looking at diversifying his career .
I think pretty soon,he will do the right thing and call it a day .

Next question is what to do with supertrainer Kyle and sick note Walsh

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Joe Allen out for ages on 19:23 - Sep 22 with 910 viewsjack247

He’s 33. He was 32 and had played almost every league game for Stoke the season before he joined us.

I criticise the owners a lot, but there was nothing to suggest he wouldn’t be able to play a big role when he joined us.
Joe Allen out for ages on 18:28 - Sep 23 with 769 viewsshingle

Joe Allen out for ages on 19:23 - Sep 22 by jack247

He’s 33. He was 32 and had played almost every league game for Stoke the season before he joined us.

I criticise the owners a lot, but there was nothing to suggest he wouldn’t be able to play a big role when he joined us.

When you reach 33 there are always reasons to suggest a player will not be able to play a big role, some can carry a little form into there mid thirties but more often than not the decline becomes obvious in the majority once they reach the 33 or so mark.
Joe Allen out for ages on 19:02 - Sep 23 with 745 viewsjack247

Joe Allen out for ages on 18:28 - Sep 23 by shingle

When you reach 33 there are always reasons to suggest a player will not be able to play a big role, some can carry a little form into there mid thirties but more often than not the decline becomes obvious in the majority once they reach the 33 or so mark.

Yes, players hit a point where they start to decline and it accelerates rapidly.

A few months after completing a 40 game season though, it wasn’t unreasonable to expect he could play a big part for us, even if it was 25/30 games.

It’s just a shave it hasn’t worked out.
Joe Allen out for ages on 12:39 - Sep 24 with 640 viewsJJJack

Joe Allen out for ages on 19:02 - Sep 23 by jack247

Yes, players hit a point where they start to decline and it accelerates rapidly.

A few months after completing a 40 game season though, it wasn’t unreasonable to expect he could play a big part for us, even if it was 25/30 games.

It’s just a shave it hasn’t worked out.

Been on hols this week and wondered where Joey was this week. Sad to hear but not surprising to me. His issue isn't age - there's something wrong with his body which I think he's aware of. At no point last season did he look anywhere near fully fit. Looks like he's playing whilst carrying an injury or simply his legs are gone. But when I watched him "live" last season he just looked "shot" to me. Even though he still played very well at times. I was shocked. But it is what it is. As others have said - Joey needs to retire if he knows he's had it. It would be the right thing to do.
Joe Allen out for ages on 13:57 - Sep 24 with 595 viewsjack247

Joe Allen out for ages on 12:39 - Sep 24 by JJJack

Been on hols this week and wondered where Joey was this week. Sad to hear but not surprising to me. His issue isn't age - there's something wrong with his body which I think he's aware of. At no point last season did he look anywhere near fully fit. Looks like he's playing whilst carrying an injury or simply his legs are gone. But when I watched him "live" last season he just looked "shot" to me. Even though he still played very well at times. I was shocked. But it is what it is. As others have said - Joey needs to retire if he knows he's had it. It would be the right thing to do.

I don’t disagree with that at all. He did look shot almost every time.

I don’t think the club can be blamed for signing him though, when he played a full season, give or take the odd game, for Stoke the season before.
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Allen out for ages on 14:13 - Sep 24 with 585 viewsunion_jack

Joe Allen out for ages on 13:57 - Sep 24 by jack247

I don’t disagree with that at all. He did look shot almost every time.

I don’t think the club can be blamed for signing him though, when he played a full season, give or take the odd game, for Stoke the season before.

Plus there are a few intangibles he brings to the club.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024