Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid inquiry 02:29 - Nov 21 with 7915 viewscontroversial_jack

Seems Boris is not the brightest!
Covid inquiry on 16:42 - Nov 29 with 1076 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Covid inquiry on 15:25 - Nov 29 by Kilkennyjack

Well he was in charge ….. as well as being lazy, useless, and a thicko.

He deserves everything coming his way.
Which i very much hope is jail time.

Liar in chief.

How is the Welsh Covoid inquiry getting on?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Covid inquiry on 17:40 - Nov 29 with 1048 viewsSullutaCreturned

Covid inquiry on 16:42 - Nov 29 by felixstowe_jack

Come on, Felix, you can do better than that.
Covid inquiry on 19:05 - Nov 29 with 1016 viewscontroversial_jack

Covid inquiry on 17:40 - Nov 29 by SullutaCreturned

Come on, Felix, you can do better than that.

He can’t!
Covid inquiry on 20:37 - Nov 29 with 996 viewsmajorraglan

Covid inquiry on 16:42 - Nov 29 by felixstowe_jack

We don’t need 3 or 4 separate enquiries, 1 which encapsulates all 4 parliaments and the advice providing and decision making bodies is enough. It should allow us to get to the bottom of everything and minimise unnecessary expenditure.
Covid inquiry on 22:19 - Nov 29 with 977 viewsBoundy

Covid inquiry on 20:37 - Nov 29 by majorraglan

We don’t need 3 or 4 separate enquiries, 1 which encapsulates all 4 parliaments and the advice providing and decision making bodies is enough. It should allow us to get to the bottom of everything and minimise unnecessary expenditure.

I don't agree , Wales as were the other devolved governments allowed to make major decisions, now they should be made accountable for those decisions, good or bad . It should be the aim of case of any enquiry that not only is it to record but also to ensure lessons are learnt and would be acted upon should a similar event reoccur.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Covid inquiry on 22:31 - Nov 29 with 973 viewsScotia

Covid inquiry on 22:19 - Nov 29 by Boundy

I don't agree , Wales as were the other devolved governments allowed to make major decisions, now they should be made accountable for those decisions, good or bad . It should be the aim of case of any enquiry that not only is it to record but also to ensure lessons are learnt and would be acted upon should a similar event reoccur.

I think we need a separate inquiry for Wales too. We wouldn't if we had one set of rules and regulations for Covid restrictions throughout the UK (which we should have) but we didn't.

I'd love to see the justification for some of the crazy and seemingly senseless decisions made in Cardiff Bay. I honestly think they were made for the sake of being different.

Starting with not being able to buy half the stuff in an open supermarket. I could buy cigarettes but not clothes. That needs to be justified.
Covid inquiry on 22:41 - Nov 29 with 966 viewsmajorraglan

I don’t see why that can’t be part of the UK enquiry, I totally agree that each government should be fully accountable and that decisions made are scrutinised, I just feel it should be done as part of 1 PE. The 1 PE would have robust sections covering each government.
Covid inquiry on 00:42 - Nov 30 with 955 viewsRobbie

Going over the Welsh angle and our response to Drakeford and Co. in Cardiff , then this becomes his decision making and WAG afraid to challenge this issue .

Guy is an awful leader , a dinasour to some .

Westminster and so many talking shops , hey will not happen again , lessons learned etc.

Our so called top Politicians are hiding behind waffle and expensive lawyers to keep their reputations and get voted in again .

Wonder which Party will rule Wales at the next election , think I could guess .

Liars at Westminster or Cardiff bias at the Senedd , Drakeford is more concerned about the 20 mph. limit he loves , horse and cart for the next backward step as a driver .
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 0:47]
Login to get fewer ads

Covid inquiry on 00:06 - Dec 6 with 841 viewsKilkennyjack

‘Allowed’ to make is a strange choice of word.
Is our elected Welsh Government to be treated like a school child ?

Its a devolved matter and thats that.

Hancock has given you insight into the late lockdown in england.
Tens of thousands of lives could have been saved if the UK had locked down three weeks earlier, Matt Hancock has told the Covid inquiry, as he described the operation of Boris Johnson’s Downing Street as undermined by a “culture of fear”.

Why do you want these posh idiots making decisions for Wales ?
The went for herd immunity, then panicked and changed direction.
Britain was not exceptional after all.
Tens of thousands died.

Uk Government decision making was shockingly bad. Johnson could not even understand the science presented to him.

Yes we need to look at Wales but the uk context is essential.
I seem to recall Welsh Government following science far more closely.

Beware of the Risen People

Covid inquiry on 14:27 - Dec 6 with 795 viewsBoundy

Covid inquiry on 00:06 - Dec 6 by Kilkennyjack

‘Allowed’ to make is a strange choice of word.
Is our elected Welsh Government to be treated like a school child ?

Its a devolved matter and thats that.

Hancock has given you insight into the late lockdown in england.
Tens of thousands of lives could have been saved if the UK had locked down three weeks earlier, Matt Hancock has told the Covid inquiry, as he described the operation of Boris Johnson’s Downing Street as undermined by a “culture of fear”.

Why do you want these posh idiots making decisions for Wales ?
The went for herd immunity, then panicked and changed direction.
Britain was not exceptional after all.
Tens of thousands died.

Uk Government decision making was shockingly bad. Johnson could not even understand the science presented to him.

Yes we need to look at Wales but the uk context is essential.
I seem to recall Welsh Government following science far more closely.

‘Allowed’ to make is a strange choice of word. , no it isn't , so just to educate yourself , yet again, Not all powers are devolved and the ones that are then such as the Welsh NHS and the decisions made in cardiff regrading covid then the ministers charged in making those decisions which affected the electorate they represented should be held accountable .

Covid inquiry on 17:23 - Dec 6 with 767 viewsonehunglow

Covid inquiry on 14:27 - Dec 6 by Boundy

‘Allowed’ to make is a strange choice of word. , no it isn't , so just to educate yourself , yet again, Not all powers are devolved and the ones that are then such as the Welsh NHS and the decisions made in cardiff regrading covid then the ministers charged in making those decisions which affected the electorate they represented should be held accountable .

Boundy.
Very simply,is Wales better off having been given an Assembly
Asking for a “ friend”

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Covid inquiry on 21:33 - Dec 7 with 714 viewsKilkennyjack

Covid inquiry on 17:23 - Dec 6 by onehunglow

Boundy.
Very simply,is Wales better off having been given an Assembly
Asking for a “ friend”

Yes, and covid is a great example of why.
We never had the following in Wales.

We have been told that the uk government were dreadful.

Boris Johnson suggested “Covid is nature’s way of dealing with old people”, according to Sir Patrick Vallance.
Dominic Cummings said vulnerable people were “appallingly neglected”.
Cummings frequently called for the sacking of Matt Hancock and other cabinet ministers.
Cummings used misogynistic language to denigrate the deputy cabinet secretary, Helen MacNamara. But he claimed foul-mouthed messages about his colleague were not misogynistic, saying he was “much ruder about men”.
Johnson urged Cummings to end an “orgy of narcissism”.
Cummings was unrepentant about his trip to Durham at the height of lockdown.
Cummings said Johnson’s relationship with the press was “extremely damaging” to the government’s Covid response.
Cummings defended helping to make Johnson PM even though he thought he was unfit to handle the pandemic.
Cummings claimed he told Johnson in early February containing Covid was impossible - but accepted there’s no written record of this.
Cummings said the UK could have avoided lockdown if massive test and trace capacity had been in place by March 2020.
Cain tried to resist Sunak’s “eat out to help out” scheme in the summer of 2020.
Cain said it was a “huge blunder” to ignore Marcus Rashford’s campaign on free school meals.
Susie Flintham, a spokesperson for Covid-19 Bereaved Families for Justice UK, said there was “nastiness, arrogance and misogyny at the heart of government during the pandemic

Without a welsh government, then these morons would have created even more havoc in Wales.

Devo-max or Indy Wales are the only options we have.

Covid inquiry on 21:39 - Dec 7 with 704 viewsKilkennyjack

Covid inquiry on 14:27 - Dec 6 by Boundy

These powers are devolved because the welsh people voted for that to be the case.

We dont need to be ‘allowed’.

Normal nations just make decisions, that must blow your mind.
Ireland has been a huge success. Amazing stuff.

Covid inquiry on 22:03 - Dec 7 with 689 viewsBoundy

Covid inquiry on 21:39 - Dec 7 by Kilkennyjack

These powers are devolved because the welsh people voted for that to be the case.

We dont need to be ‘allowed’.

Normal nations just make decisions, that must blow your mind.
Ireland has been a huge success. Amazing stuff.

Yawn , again 😴

Covid inquiry on 22:11 - Dec 7 with 684 viewsLuther27

Covid inquiry on 21:33 - Dec 7 by Kilkennyjack

Yes, and covid is a great example of why.
We never had the following in Wales.

We have been told that the uk government were dreadful.

Boris Johnson suggested “Covid is nature’s way of dealing with old people”, according to Sir Patrick Vallance.
Dominic Cummings said vulnerable people were “appallingly neglected”.
Cummings frequently called for the sacking of Matt Hancock and other cabinet ministers.
Cummings used misogynistic language to denigrate the deputy cabinet secretary, Helen MacNamara. But he claimed foul-mouthed messages about his colleague were not misogynistic, saying he was “much ruder about men”.
Johnson urged Cummings to end an “orgy of narcissism”.
Cummings was unrepentant about his trip to Durham at the height of lockdown.
Cummings said Johnson’s relationship with the press was “extremely damaging” to the government’s Covid response.
Cummings defended helping to make Johnson PM even though he thought he was unfit to handle the pandemic.
Cummings claimed he told Johnson in early February containing Covid was impossible - but accepted there’s no written record of this.
Cummings said the UK could have avoided lockdown if massive test and trace capacity had been in place by March 2020.
Cain tried to resist Sunak’s “eat out to help out” scheme in the summer of 2020.
Cain said it was a “huge blunder” to ignore Marcus Rashford’s campaign on free school meals.
Susie Flintham, a spokesperson for Covid-19 Bereaved Families for Justice UK, said there was “nastiness, arrogance and misogyny at the heart of government during the pandemic

Without a welsh government, then these morons would have created even more havoc in Wales.

Devo-max or Indy Wales are the only options we have.

My take on the enquiry is the main participants are self centred incompetents who are in my eyes purely evil. There is no other word for it when you sentence a generation to death for the sake of keeping a coffee shop in business. I wish nothing but ill on the major players in this enquiry and hope they suffer the same as the people they basically sentenced to death….alone…without their families to comfort them.
Covid inquiry on 08:40 - Dec 8 with 656 viewsKilkennyjack

Covid inquiry on 22:11 - Dec 7 by Luther27

My take on the enquiry is the main participants are self centred incompetents who are in my eyes purely evil. There is no other word for it when you sentence a generation to death for the sake of keeping a coffee shop in business. I wish nothing but ill on the major players in this enquiry and hope they suffer the same as the people they basically sentenced to death….alone…without their families to comfort them.

Spot on.

Covid inquiry on 11:06 - Dec 8 with 617 viewsSullutaCreturned

Covid inquiry on 22:03 - Dec 7 by Boundy

Yawn , again 😴

I'd point out Wales isn't a sovereign nation but it's worthless.

I'd also point out Ireland is currently having a bit of a time,

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/22/anti-immigration-protesters-march-

and all is not rosy in their garden but again, given the audience it's aimed at, worthless.
Covid inquiry on 11:31 - Dec 8 with 612 viewsKilkennyjack

Covid inquiry on 11:06 - Dec 8 by SullutaCreturned

I'd point out Wales isn't a sovereign nation but it's worthless.

I'd also point out Ireland is currently having a bit of a time,

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/22/anti-immigration-protesters-march-

and all is not rosy in their garden but again, given the audience it's aimed at, worthless.

This is your uk government at a time of national crises.

Wales can certainly do much better as an independent nation.
Be hard to do worse.

Over 200,000 of your fellow uk citizens died.
An unimaginable failure.

Covid inquiry on 13:05 - Dec 8 with 591 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Covid inquiry on 11:31 - Dec 8 by Kilkennyjack

Be hard to do worse.

An unimaginable failure.

Death rate In Wales was just as high so guess everything Drakeford did was wrong as well. Just as well the UK government"s ordering and rollout of vaccines was World class and saved many hundreds of thousands of lives.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Covid inquiry on 14:00 - Dec 8 with 576 viewsScotia

Covid inquiry on 13:05 - Dec 8 by felixstowe_jack

Death rate In Wales was just as high so guess everything Drakeford did was wrong as well. Just as well the UK government"s ordering and rollout of vaccines was World class and saved many hundreds of thousands of lives.

Also Drakeford didn't want vaccinators "twiddling their thumbs" having used all the vaccine supplies.

Boris is a fool, a complete imbecile, how anyone could vote for him is beyond me. But Drakeford did no better.

I do think though that Drakeford acted with the best intentions of the country at heart, they're both useless but for different reasons.
Covid inquiry on 16:25 - Dec 8 with 545 viewsBoundy

Covid inquiry on 14:00 - Dec 8 by Scotia

Also Drakeford didn't want vaccinators "twiddling their thumbs" having used all the vaccine supplies.

Boris is a fool, a complete imbecile, how anyone could vote for him is beyond me. But Drakeford did no better.

I do think though that Drakeford acted with the best intentions of the country at heart, they're both useless but for different reasons.

Drakeford only acts on rudimentary doctrines . his only interest is to see Wales a destitute backward nation . He cared little for anyone's well being , including mental health with his inane lock downs , ( remember what he did on Christmas eve )which were only down to put two fingers up to Westminster , an odious individual

Covid inquiry on 16:36 - Dec 8 with 541 viewsWingstandwood

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12841959/Boris-Johnsons-Partygate-inqui

This goes way beyond what anyone would write about if he/she was a politcal-fiction author. It's just toooooooo darn surreal and far fetched, but yet true!!!!

QUOTE: "Wife's 'lockdown-busting' drinks do in Parliament".

Argus!

Covid inquiry on 18:11 - Dec 8 with 513 viewsmajorraglan

Covid inquiry on 16:36 - Dec 8 by Wingstandwood

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12841959/Boris-Johnsons-Partygate-inqui

This goes way beyond what anyone would write about if he/she was a politcal-fiction author. It's just toooooooo darn surreal and far fetched, but yet true!!!!

QUOTE: "Wife's 'lockdown-busting' drinks do in Parliament".

Nicely timed piece from the DM though, just in time to take the heat off Boris.
Covid inquiry on 18:53 - Dec 8 with 490 viewsSullutaCreturned

Covid inquiry on 11:31 - Dec 8 by Kilkennyjack

Be hard to do worse.

An unimaginable failure.

The UK government (yes THE not MINE) was utterly hopeless but then so was the Senedd. The death rates, how many died in Wales? Why could people buy alcohol and cigarettes but not buy clothes for their kids?

The Welsh government was every bit as inept as Westminster so NO, an indy Wales wouldn't do any better under the current incumbents.

Those 200k deaths, how many were under devolved governments?
Covid inquiry on 13:36 - Dec 9 with 428 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

What is the actual point of this inquiry? To learn lessons? We know the lessons. Don’t have a bunch of incompetent dick heads running the country. We didn’t need an inquiry for that.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024