Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Brilliant Welsh NHS 18:28 - Jan 6 with 6626 viewsjohnlangy

There's a perfectly good reason for the title. I know there are plenty of problems with the NHS in Wales. BUT. All I see are criticisms. So i'll give my opinion.

We have a brilliant GP practice. The 8 o'clock race for an appointment is a pain but when we get through we always get an appointment whether over the phone or in person.

We have a brilliant NHS dentist. If it's not an urgent problem then we have to wait. But if it's urgent we get an apptointment very quickly.

I've had a foot problem for a few years now so around November 22 I put in for treatment. Since then i've had two appointments in Central clinic with a podiatrist and then a few weeks ago an appointment in PT/Baglan hospital with a consultant who was brilliant. I'm now on the waiting list for a minor op. She told me I will get the op within the next 12 months. No problem as it's not exactly life or death.

She said i'd get it done within 12 months because i'd already been on the waiting list for 12 months. So being on the waiting list doesn't mean that you're not getting treated, it means the treatment isn't completed. I hadn't realised that.

My wife had a problem recently when we had to go to A&E at Morriston. It was busy but she was seen within about 40 minutes, had an ECG, back out, waited for another ten minutes or so at which point the doctor came out into A and E and spent five minutes or so speaking to her before saying she could go. Brilliant service.

I could give other examples. But my main point is that we are quick to criticise when things go wrong but don't give praise when things go right.

The Brilliant Welsh NHS on 07:35 - Apr 9 with 481 viewsbuilthjack

The Brilliant Welsh NHS on 11:41 - Mar 27 by Gwyn737

Covid has definately shocked an already ailing system with a 29 point drop since 2020.

The high point was 70% satisfation in 2010,

Something must have changed then as its been in declive ever since...

What happened in 2010 ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Brilliant Welsh NHS on 11:19 - Apr 10 with 410 viewsJumpingJackFlash

You can only speak as you find.

At the end of January I went to the doctor and was given a form for a PSA test which came back elevated. Late February I had another with the same result so query prostate cancer.
Mid March I had a MRI scan and shortly afterwards biopsies were taken. I now know that I have a very enlarged prostate (not news) but no cancer.

I can't fault the treatment I received in Singleton in terms of the speed and care and compassion of my treatment. Outstanding work from all involved.
The Brilliant Welsh NHS on 15:39 - Apr 10 with 364 viewsSullutaCreturned

The Brilliant Welsh NHS on 07:35 - Apr 9 by builthjack

What happened in 2010 ?

NHS satisfaction doubled when Blair and Brown were in power and went on their spending spree, the one that racked up what was then a massive debt and deficit. Obviously it has only gotten worse since then.

During those few years NHS satisfaction doubled but it has been in decline ever since. The levels of spending unsustainable and then obviousy the torues got back in and started screwing tings up even more.
The Brilliant Welsh NHS on 15:49 - Apr 10 with 361 viewsbuilthjack

The Brilliant Welsh NHS on 15:39 - Apr 10 by SullutaCreturned

NHS satisfaction doubled when Blair and Brown were in power and went on their spending spree, the one that racked up what was then a massive debt and deficit. Obviously it has only gotten worse since then.

During those few years NHS satisfaction doubled but it has been in decline ever since. The levels of spending unsustainable and then obviousy the torues got back in and started screwing tings up even more.

But 70% were satisfied with the NHS at that time.
It seems to have gone downhill since then.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Brilliant Welsh NHS on 16:43 - Apr 10 with 335 viewsSullutaCreturned

The Brilliant Welsh NHS on 15:49 - Apr 10 by builthjack

But 70% were satisfied with the NHS at that time.
It seems to have gone downhill since then.

Yes, for a very brief period waiting times for operations went form 18 weeks to 18 days.

Oh for an 18 week wait ithese days, even 18 months would be a massive improvement, in Wales at least. I dont know what the wait is in England.
The Brilliant Welsh NHS on 16:51 - Apr 10 with 323 viewsbuilthjack

The Brilliant Welsh NHS on 16:43 - Apr 10 by SullutaCreturned

Yes, for a very brief period waiting times for operations went form 18 weeks to 18 days.

Oh for an 18 week wait ithese days, even 18 months would be a massive improvement, in Wales at least. I dont know what the wait is in England.

It's generally poor everywhere in the UK.
The .more advanced we have become, the more backward we are.

The Brilliant Welsh NHS on 18:19 - Apr 10 with 313 viewsSullutaCreturned

The Brilliant Welsh NHS on 16:51 - Apr 10 by builthjack

It's generally poor everywhere in the UK.
The .more advanced we have become, the more backward we are.

Builthy, never a truer word said. But it's the people we vote in who are the most backward of all.

We call ourselves human, we often talk about "humanity" as if it's a nobe concept but there are none less humane than humans, we are greedy, cruel and nasty to each other just because we can be and politicians are the worst of the lot. They are leading us into a dsaster and they dont care because they will be ok, theyre banking fortunes and their rich friends will take care of them, until it's so bad that nbody can help.

Westminster, the Senedd, two sides of the same coin, useless, rubbish, they are ruining our country and telling us its the best thing for us.
The Brilliant Welsh NHS on 16:08 - Apr 21 with 191 viewsmajorraglan

I had to attend our local A&E today, this time for me. I’d visited a local pharmacy for some medical advice and he directed me straight to the hospital. On arrival I was the receptionist dealt with me very quickly, I was then triaged and directed through the minor injury unit. Blood tests, x ray etc all done within 35 minutes, biggest delay was waiting for the results which took an hour. Issue identified and in hand. I can’t fault the service, the main A&E was very busy though.
Login to get fewer ads

The Brilliant Welsh NHS on 18:58 - Apr 21 with 148 viewsmax936

The Brilliant Welsh NHS on 11:19 - Apr 10 by JumpingJackFlash

You can only speak as you find.

At the end of January I went to the doctor and was given a form for a PSA test which came back elevated. Late February I had another with the same result so query prostate cancer.
Mid March I had a MRI scan and shortly afterwards biopsies were taken. I now know that I have a very enlarged prostate (not news) but no cancer.

I can't fault the treatment I received in Singleton in terms of the speed and care and compassion of my treatment. Outstanding work from all involved.

I had all the tests bar the MRI scan, PSA and other bloods taken and checked, prostate examination, magic eye up the John Thomas results perfect, yet I've still got problems that I went to see about, got back in touch with my Doctor and shortly after I had a letter for another referral, but that could take 12 months,
[Post edited 21 Apr 19:00]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024