Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. 19:04 - Feb 2 with 2801 viewsReslovenSwan1

I seem to recall talk of the Swansea.com stadium pitch being narrowed at the start of the season. I do not know if it was true or a myth. It seemed to me this was a major shift in philosophy to become more defensive and need less space. A move to anti football.

Duff boring football saw its low point in the dismal CCFC performance

Three fast wingers have come in and two full backs sent out on loan. Logic suggests this means four at the back and two wingers with Patterson making four fighting for two places. Cullen / Yates will now be an out and out number 9 or will Mykola see some action.?

Narrowing the pitch for a Swansea team sounded like heresy.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 21:36 - Feb 3 with 625 viewsmagicdaps10

Yeah was narrowed for sure.....as stated by a poster further up, you could see the old lines faded outside the new ones.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 23:32 - Feb 4 with 534 viewsReslovenSwan1

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 21:36 - Feb 3 by magicdaps10

Yeah was narrowed for sure.....as stated by a poster further up, you could see the old lines faded outside the new ones.

Be carefull those could have been Osprey lines.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 08:49 - Feb 5 with 503 viewsvetchonian

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 23:32 - Feb 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Be carefull those could have been Osprey lines.

Once again see the two videos below, the first the last game of last season v West Brom and then Saturday's game the corner flags are clearly seen to be in the same positions in both videos.....
yet another myth

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&ur
https://www.google.com/search?q=swansea+v+plymouth+highlights&oq=swanse+v+pl

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 11:21 - Feb 5 with 466 viewsRichardO

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 08:49 - Feb 5 by vetchonian

Once again see the two videos below, the first the last game of last season v West Brom and then Saturday's game the corner flags are clearly seen to be in the same positions in both videos.....
yet another myth

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&ur
https://www.google.com/search?q=swansea+v+plymouth+highlights&oq=swanse+v+pl

The links don't work for me, have tried looking at other footage and it doesn't look as if it has but looking from the East Stand at the start of the season the position of the touchlines were questioned by some of the crowd around me.
Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 22:30 - Feb 6 with 333 viewsfelixstowe_jack

No evidence at all of a narrower pitch this season. Just look at the highlights from the Plymouth game. The West stand touchline has barely a foot of grass between the touchline and the Astro turn area. If the pitch has been narrowed this gap would have been bigger.

According to various football stats websites the pitch is 105 x 68 metres.

Wembly by comparison is 105 x 69.
Cardiff is 100x 68

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 23:32 - Feb 6 with 291 viewsRichardO

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 22:30 - Feb 6 by felixstowe_jack

No evidence at all of a narrower pitch this season. Just look at the highlights from the Plymouth game. The West stand touchline has barely a foot of grass between the touchline and the Astro turn area. If the pitch has been narrowed this gap would have been bigger.

According to various football stats websites the pitch is 105 x 68 metres.

Wembly by comparison is 105 x 69.
Cardiff is 100x 68

Did look at footage from games this season and last and as you say the West Stand line looked tight both this year and last, footage of the East stand touchline harder to judge from the footage from afar but on close ups of corners the spacings from the edge of the turf to the touchline did seem the same.
But as I said with the view from East Stand with the naked eye the touch line did appear about a foot inside the another not so pronouced line which didn't have the white markings but both lines seem to have wear from the assistant refs footfall and they were remarked upon in discussions so it might be why the original question was asked.around me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024