Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irish Unification Referendum 18:34 - Feb 7 with 5297 viewsjohnlangy

When there is a unification referendum a very strange occurrence could take place.

In the 2019 GE a huge number of natural Labour voters in the Red Wall seats voted Conservative for the very first (and hopefully last) time. And they did that in order to ‘Get Brexit Done’. They ‘lent’ the Conservatives their vote for the one specific purpose. Because they had voted for Brexit.

In Northern Ireland, in the 2016 referendum, the vote was 58% to remain. Which means that a substantial number of unionists voted for remain. So, when the Unification referendum happens it’s quite possible that a similar thing will happen as per the 2019 GE. Except in reverse.

The Red Wall voters voted Tory to get Brexit done. In NI unionists may vote for the Nationalists unification argument (lend them their vote for the one specific purpose) in order to rejoin the EU. Because they had voted remain.

An interesting thought.
Irish Unification Referendum on 15:40 - Feb 8 with 821 viewsSullutaCreturned

Irish Unification Referendum on 21:17 - Feb 7 by Kilkennyjack

Thats what the made up statelet of northern ireland was based on.

All states are made up.

So after your previous posts, you would be happy to see a unified Ireland that gets ripped apart by violence?

If the people over there vote to leave the Uk and join the Republic then yes, it's their choice but the prospect of more terrorism should worry everybody..
Irish Unification Referendum on 17:26 - Feb 8 with 791 viewsKilkennyjack

Irish Unification Referendum on 15:40 - Feb 8 by SullutaCreturned

All states are made up.

So after your previous posts, you would be happy to see a unified Ireland that gets ripped apart by violence?

If the people over there vote to leave the Uk and join the Republic then yes, it's their choice but the prospect of more terrorism should worry everybody..

Its up to the people of Ireland.
And only the people of Ireland.
Not you or I, and certainly not the chinless wonders in Westminster.

You are starting to sound like a man who beats his wife, but tells her not to leave him in case another man beats her more. (Just an analogy).

Its no way to run a relationship.
Its no way to run a country.

Biden has said a united Ireland is inevitable and, of course, it is.
It will be a new Ireland and part of the EU - which is how the north voted, of course.

You see fear.
I see progress.

Beware of the Risen People

Irish Unification Referendum on 18:05 - Feb 8 with 767 viewsSullutaCreturned

Irish Unification Referendum on 17:26 - Feb 8 by Kilkennyjack

You are starting to sound like a man who beats his wife, but tells her not to leave him in case another man beats her more. (Just an analogy).

It will be a new Ireland and part of the EU - which is how the north voted, of course.

You see fear.
I see progress.

As analogies go that is right up there with the stupidest I have seen.

Progress is when people are better off. anything else is failure. On that score the UK and EU, as well as pretty much every other country is failing.

Biden is clearly not in charge of his faculties, if he said that it was probably scripted for him!

I see reality. I see a country still divided and a part of the Uk where sectarian violence is still a problem, a problem that could worsen if the protestants are forced into a unified ROI.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/13/world/europe/northern-ireland-peace-deal.html

Only a fool would ignore the fact that sectarian violence still happens in Northern Ireland and that it could easily get worse, all it needs is the spark.
Irish Unification Referendum on 18:10 - Feb 8 with 761 viewsonehunglow

Irish Unification Referendum on 18:05 - Feb 8 by SullutaCreturned

Progress is when people are better off. anything else is failure. On that score the UK and EU, as well as pretty much every other country is failing.

Biden is clearly not in charge of his faculties, if he said that it was probably scripted for him!

I see reality. I see a country still divided and a part of the Uk where sectarian violence is still a problem, a problem that could worsen if the protestants are forced into a unified ROI.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/13/world/europe/northern-ireland-peace-deal.html

Only a fool would ignore the fact that sectarian violence still happens in Northern Ireland and that it could easily get worse, all it needs is the spark.

If you’re an Indy,then you want a united Ireland

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Irish Unification Referendum on 19:34 - Feb 8 with 746 viewsWingstandwood

Irish Unification Referendum on 21:10 - Feb 7 by onehunglow

With ex IRA girl Michelle O’Neill number 1 now,they face real issues .
This won’t go away
Protestants there will never want to be a 10% minority

And if it kicked off, as it more than likely would!

I guess it would be a case of the Republic of Ireland desperately requiring G.C.H.Q/U.K police and military expertise and intelligence to prevent Loyalist retribution(s) for a united Ireland.

And mmmm its PSNI that has the suspect sighting lists and intelligence files of Loyalist terrorists at hand also. And boy won't the Guarda become jittery and hard to differentiate from friend and foe, what with all those Northern Irish accents coming from Drogheda where many a Belfast Catholic relocated to during the troubles.

Police officer to infiltrating UVF/UFF/Red Hand Commando terrorist: "Where are you from"?.........."Drogheda obvioulsy".

Argus!

Irish Unification Referendum on 20:08 - Feb 8 with 724 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

You see fear.
I see progress.

I had my doubts but if that intellectual giant amongst men Joe Biden said it then consider me a convert.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Irish Unification Referendum on 08:49 - Feb 9 with 650 viewsonehunglow

You see fear.
I see progress.

Not as simple as that
You have to accept the probability of conflict.
Protestant NI kept down and marginalised Catholics for decades .
The worm would turn and roles reversed .
Bigotry is endemic in Ireland especially the north . Fact.
Church attendances are the highest in the UK and this is what drives the hate cart.
It would be simply a case of role reversal with the Protestants feeling their culture has been taken away ,as it would.

Hatred of Westminster is not the answer ,which is what motivates Indys

Irish Unification Referendum on 08:53 - Feb 9 with 648 viewsonehunglow

Irish Unification Referendum on 19:34 - Feb 8 by Wingstandwood

I guess it would be a case of the Republic of Ireland desperately requiring G.C.H.Q/U.K police and military expertise and intelligence to prevent Loyalist retribution(s) for a united Ireland.

And mmmm its PSNI that has the suspect sighting lists and intelligence files of Loyalist terrorists at hand also. And boy won't the Guarda become jittery and hard to differentiate from friend and foe, what with all those Northern Irish accents coming from Drogheda where many a Belfast Catholic relocated to during the troubles.

Police officer to infiltrating UVF/UFF/Red Hand Commando terrorist: "Where are you from"?.........."Drogheda obvioulsy".

O’Neill is a clever shrewd manipulating politician brought up in hate filled contempt for British ,exactly like Adam’s and the arch killer McGuiness . These were heroes to her,as were those who laid bombs that ripped OUR children to pieces .
She now has real power
She doesn’t have what her family and friends stood for.
She will be looking to get it,no matter what .

Login to get fewer ads

Irish Unification Referendum on 20:18 - Feb 9 with 585 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Irish Unification Referendum on 20:08 - Feb 8 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I had my doubts but if that intellectual giant amongst men Joe Biden said it then consider me a convert.

Is that the same Biden who confused the All Blacks to the Black and Tans on his last visit to the Republic of Ireland.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Irish Unification Referendum on 21:40 - Feb 9 with 561 viewsSullutaCreturned

Irish Unification Referendum on 20:18 - Feb 9 by felixstowe_jack

Is that the same Biden who confused the All Blacks to the Black and Tans on his last visit to the Republic of Ireland.

The same one who thinks Mitterand is still president of France!
Irish Unification Referendum on 01:33 - Feb 10 with 545 viewsKilkennyjack

Irish Unification Referendum on 21:40 - Feb 9 by SullutaCreturned

The same one who thinks Mitterand is still president of France!

Not a criminal though like TFG

Irish Unification Referendum on 01:34 - Feb 10 with 544 viewsKilkennyjack

Irish Unification Referendum on 18:05 - Feb 8 by SullutaCreturned

The protestants dont get a veto.
They do get a vote.

Irish Unification Referendum on 05:32 - Feb 10 with 538 viewsKilkennyjack

Irish Unification Referendum on 19:34 - Feb 8 by Wingstandwood

Ireland will not be asking anything of the UK.
The use of British Crown Forces in a united Ireland is less likely than the use of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard….

The PSNI will most likely be incorporated into the Garda at some point, but maybe not Day 1.

Civilian tensions will be a police matter.
Only in the uk do armed troops get used instead of police.
That is not fair on anyone involved….

Irish Unification Referendum on 20:33 - Feb 10 with 490 viewsSullutaCreturned

Irish Unification Referendum on 05:32 - Feb 10 by Kilkennyjack

The use of British Crown Forces in a united Ireland is less likely than the use of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard….

The PSNI will most likely be incorporated into the Garda at some point, but maybe not Day 1.

Only in the UK, so not in Russia, Iran, China, Myanmar,...the USA has never called out the national Guard?

You are so utterly clueless it's painful.

Tianamen Square you utter clown,

The PSNI are hated by a large chunk of people and still come under attack,

https://theweek.com/news/uk-news/962064/psni-breach-uk-data-security

Civilian matters are for the plice but what about terrorists? Oh Iforgot, clowns like you think terrorists all gave up and went home after the GFA. Any violence since must be bacuse of the tories eh.
Irish Unification Referendum on 09:05 - Feb 11 with 450 viewsonehunglow

Irish Unification Referendum on 20:33 - Feb 10 by SullutaCreturned

Only in the UK, so not in Russia, Iran, China, Myanmar,...the USA has never called out the national Guard?

Civilian matters are for the plice but what about terrorists? Oh Iforgot, clowns like you think terrorists all gave up and went home after the GFA. Any violence since must be bacuse of the tories eh.

When one is a Nat ,all sense flies right out of the window.
Wales doesn’t have a religious divide.
Ireland does.
It always will.
Religion at the root of most conflicts
Only the dumb won’t accept that .

The UFF ,UVF would be reborn .

Irish Unification Referendum on 10:15 - Feb 11 with 428 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Irish Unification Referendum on 05:32 - Feb 10 by Kilkennyjack

Only in the ROI are all the police and Garda armed all the time.

Meanwhile in peace loving UK 80% of out police don't carry guns.

Irish Unification Referendum on 10:46 - Feb 11 with 418 viewsKilkennyjack

Irish Unification Referendum on 09:05 - Feb 11 by onehunglow

When one is a Nat ,all sense flies right out of the window.
Wales doesn’t have a religious divide.
Ireland does.
It always will.
Religion at the root of most conflicts
Only the dumb won’t accept that .

The UFF ,UVF would be reborn .

Especially the BritNats in Wales, eh ?

Irish Unification Referendum on 10:50 - Feb 11 with 416 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Irish Unification Referendum on 10:46 - Feb 11 by Kilkennyjack

Especially the BritNats in Wales, eh ?

Or even the Welsh Nats in Wales fortunately only very few of them.

Over 80% of voters in Wales vote for UK parties.
[Post edited 11 Feb 10:51]

Irish Unification Referendum on 10:54 - Feb 11 with 414 viewsKilkennyjack

Irish Unification Referendum on 20:33 - Feb 10 by SullutaCreturned

You have just placed the uk in a list of totalitarian countries from hell.

Lets revisit - Russia, China, Iran, Myanmar, …. My God how the standing of the UK has fallen for you to put them of the axis of evil list.

Not a modern European nation in sight.
Thats where i want my UK.

Hopefully now you will see how mad it is to have to deploy UK troops on the island of Ireland. An old failed approach with collusion at the dark heart of it.

Do you still .consider Nelson Mandela a terrorist ?
[Post edited 11 Feb 10:54]

Irish Unification Referendum on 12:13 - Feb 11 with 404 viewsSullutaCreturned

Irish Unification Referendum on 10:54 - Feb 11 by Kilkennyjack

You have just placed the uk in a list of totalitarian countries from hell.

Lets revisit - Russia, China, Iran, Myanmar, …. My God how the standing of the UK has fallen for you to put them of the axis of evil list.

Not a modern European nation in sight.
Thats where i want my UK.

Hopefully now you will see how mad it is to have to deploy UK troops on the island of Ireland. An old failed approach with collusion at the dark heart of it.

Do you still .consider Nelson Mandela a terrorist ?
[Post edited 11 Feb 10:54]

No, I showed you that it's not only the Uk who put soldiers on their own streets but we did it to fight terrorists not to suppress the population. Even then some of those soldiers, as well as politicians, did bad things.

Who mentioned a veto? Why do you constantly say things that aren't true, and make no sense?

What has nelson Mandela to do with Northern Ireland?

I wonder how you'd have liked living in London when the IRA were setting bombs off? I wonder how you'd have liked a punishment gang turning up on your doorstep for something small like speaking to a British soldier? The IRA ruled by fear too.

Interesting that you now say you want a modern UK, that's a change, it's usually get rid of the Union, dump England, Wales for the Welsh and anybody who isn't English.
Irish Unification Referendum on 12:37 - Feb 11 with 399 viewsGwyn737

Irish Unification Referendum on 20:08 - Feb 8 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

He was probably talking about Iceland.
Irish Unification Referendum on 12:39 - Feb 11 with 397 viewsSullutaCreturned

Irish Unification Referendum on 12:37 - Feb 11 by Gwyn737

He was probably talking about Iceland.

I didnt know he shopped there? Thought he was more a Walmart man.
Irish Unification Referendum on 13:13 - Feb 11 with 390 viewsKilkennyjack

Irish Unification Referendum on 12:13 - Feb 11 by SullutaCreturned

No, I showed you that it's not only the Uk who put soldiers on their own streets but we did it to fight terrorists not to suppress the population. Even then some of those soldiers, as well as politicians, did bad things.

Who mentioned a veto? Why do you constantly say things that aren't true, and make no sense?

What has nelson Mandela to do with Northern Ireland?

I wonder how you'd have liked living in London when the IRA were setting bombs off? I wonder how you'd have liked a punishment gang turning up on your doorstep for something small like speaking to a British soldier? The IRA ruled by fear too.

Interesting that you now say you want a modern UK, that's a change, it's usually get rid of the Union, dump England, Wales for the Welsh and anybody who isn't English.

What do you think about collusion ?

What do think it did to people trusting the British Crown Forces ?

Explain this …. ?

I am just glad that there is relative peace and the GFA means those who want to look forward can do that.
There will be a renewed Ireland and the Protestant people will play a valued part in that nation.

Irish Unification Referendum on 15:33 - Feb 11 with 356 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Irish Unification Referendum on 13:13 - Feb 11 by Kilkennyjack

What do you think about collusion ?

What do think it did to people trusting the British Crown Forces ?

Explain this …. ?

I am just glad that there is relative peace and the GFA means those who want to look forward can do that.
There will be a renewed Ireland and the Protestant people will play a valued part in that nation.

The Irish government colluded with the IRA for many years, offering murderers a safe have in the Republic. Their most blatant act was when they invited leading NI police officers to a security conference in the Republic than after the conference was over told the IRA their route home to set up an ambush.

Irish Unification Referendum on 16:42 - Feb 11 with 337 viewsonehunglow

Irish Unification Referendum on 15:33 - Feb 11 by felixstowe_jack

The Irish government colluded with the IRA for many years, offering murderers a safe have in the Republic. Their most blatant act was when they invited leading NI police officers to a security conference in the Republic than after the conference was over told the IRA their route home to set up an ambush.

And many in the south don’t want an Ireland including theBritish Protestant bigots in the north.
Presumably ,instead of identifying as British,they will then identify as Irish .
Course

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024