Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TfW 20:56 - Feb 7 with 921 viewsSullutaCreturned

Transport for Wales got a big boost in the Senedd budget, 50%,

https://www.gov.wales/financial-support-transport-wales-tfw-2023-2024-html

Yet now prices are also rising by 4.9%,

https://www.wrexham.com/news/tfw-fares-to-rise-by-up-to-4-9-to-make-investments-

Lee Waters called it a below inflation rise but the CPI is given as 4% so aren't the consumers of train services getting an above inflation price raise?

TfW on 21:22 - Feb 7 with 891 viewsKilkennyjack

Pity wales was robbed of its share of the hs2 funding then.

Unlike Scotland and NI.

See money matters.

Beware of the Risen People

TfW on 21:31 - Feb 7 with 896 viewsmajorraglan

Depends which measure he’s using. RPI was 5.2% and core inflation (whatever that is these days) was 5.1%.

I dare say he’s using the metric that shows him in the best light.
TfW on 00:58 - Feb 8 with 845 viewsRobbie

Did use Arriva few years back , simple journey from Neath to Cardiff , Works Xmas do .
Stood all the way , I had paid for a seat for the trip , no big deal to me , not to others .

Got as far as Pyle /Bridgend stops the passengers were being asked by the conductor if they want to leave that train , Great Western will be catching up soon , only a 20 mins wait .
Looked so obviously overcrowded in that carraiage , an accident waiting to happen .

They lost that contract , now it seems TfW have taken it over , but according to a mate of mine living up in The Rhondda who commuters to Cardiff for work , guesswork if a train turns up on time these days , excuses follow , lack of rolling stock , drivers etc .

Of course Train Drivers have a massive responsibility for their duties , some now striking to earn £65 k per annum, Followed a SWT bus earlier , advertising driving applictions for that role , starting at £ 25 k , responsibility on either roles a challenge , not for me though .

Heads up to the X6 Bus Drivers who after getting my Bus Pass , are great .
TfW on 15:42 - Feb 8 with 753 viewsSullutaCreturned

TfW on 21:31 - Feb 7 by majorraglan

Depends which measure he’s using. RPI was 5.2% and core inflation (whatever that is these days) was 5.1%.

I dare say he’s using the metric that shows him in the best light.

Well yes BUT the consumers are facing the price rise so the "consumer price index" is surely the applicable metric?
TfW on 15:40 - Feb 9 with 683 views1983

TfW on 00:58 - Feb 8 by Robbie

Did use Arriva few years back , simple journey from Neath to Cardiff , Works Xmas do .
Stood all the way , I had paid for a seat for the trip , no big deal to me , not to others .

Got as far as Pyle /Bridgend stops the passengers were being asked by the conductor if they want to leave that train , Great Western will be catching up soon , only a 20 mins wait .
Looked so obviously overcrowded in that carraiage , an accident waiting to happen .

They lost that contract , now it seems TfW have taken it over , but according to a mate of mine living up in The Rhondda who commuters to Cardiff for work , guesswork if a train turns up on time these days , excuses follow , lack of rolling stock , drivers etc .

Of course Train Drivers have a massive responsibility for their duties , some now striking to earn £65 k per annum, Followed a SWT bus earlier , advertising driving applictions for that role , starting at £ 25 k , responsibility on either roles a challenge , not for me though .

Heads up to the X6 Bus Drivers who after getting my Bus Pass , are great .

Sorry mate your train ticket doesn't guarantee you a seat, you can reserve a seat and as part of franchise agreement a certain % of seats can be reserved but your ticket is just payment for the journey not the seat. One good thing about TFW is that it's Welsh government owned so all the money goes back to the Welsh government so no share holders taking their pieces of silver but saying that I don't think there are many rail companies that would bid for the Welsh rail network now as the profit on Welsh railways wouldn't account to much. I know pre TFW the Central Wales Line LLanelli to Shrewsbury was massively subsidised by the Welsh government as Network Rail wanted to close it years ago as it was losing so much money

TfW on 19:16 - Feb 9 with 648 viewsWingstandwood

Argus!

TfW on 20:06 - Feb 9 with 612 viewsfelixstowe_jack

TfW on 15:40 - Feb 9 by 1983

Sorry mate your train ticket doesn't guarantee you a seat, you can reserve a seat and as part of franchise agreement a certain % of seats can be reserved but your ticket is just payment for the journey not the seat. One good thing about TFW is that it's Welsh government owned so all the money goes back to the Welsh government so no share holders taking their pieces of silver but saying that I don't think there are many rail companies that would bid for the Welsh rail network now as the profit on Welsh railways wouldn't account to much. I know pre TFW the Central Wales Line LLanelli to Shrewsbury was massively subsidised by the Welsh government as Network Rail wanted to close it years ago as it was losing so much money

Tfw does not make a profit so even if it did have shareholders they would not be paying any.

Last year tfw got a £250 million subsidy plus an extra £125 million subsidy due to falling passengers numbers and loss of revenue due to strikes. This works out at £250 subsidy per Welsh income taxpayer.

This is in addition to UK government grants to Network Rail which is responsible for the Main south Wales line and the main North Wales line.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

TfW on 21:09 - Feb 9 with 604 views1983

Tfw does not make a profit so even if it did have shareholders they would not be paying any.

Is that what I basically said? lol

Login to get fewer ads

TfW on 14:42 - Feb 10 with 544 viewscontroversial_jack

Most rail networks in Europe are govt subsidised. The private companies we have had in this country have failed and had to be taken over by the govt. It's not a bad thing if it gives the passengers a good service and reasonable prices
TfW on 15:19 - Feb 10 with 524 viewsBoundy

TfW on 14:42 - Feb 10 by controversial_jack

Most rail networks in Europe are govt subsidised. The private companies we have had in this country have failed and had to be taken over by the govt. It's not a bad thing if it gives the passengers a good service and reasonable prices

Neither of which apply in Wales

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

TfW on 20:51 - Feb 10 with 470 viewsSullutaCreturned

But unfortunately in the UK we've had big subsidies and big price rises,

https://iea.org.uk/blog/why-are-rail-subsidies-so-high
TfW on 17:31 - Feb 13 with 365 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I am more than happy with Anglia rail, TfL and GWR . Another stress free journey today on time and a bargain price of £27.85 for a 300 mile journey.
Three new trains, fortunately I did not have to use TfW.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

TfW on 23:04 - Feb 13 with 327 viewsBoundy

TfW on 17:31 - Feb 13 by felixstowe_jack

I am more than happy with Anglia rail, TfL and GWR . Another stress free journey today on time and a bargain price of £27.85 for a 300 mile journey.

To use something it has to exist and be available , neither apply for 33% of the time on the Valley lines

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

TfW on 19:29 - Feb 14 with 256 viewsReslovenSwan1

TfW on 17:31 - Feb 13 by felixstowe_jack

I am happy with TFW ad I live here. Good service in the south and the north but not between then.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024