Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds 23:02 - Feb 10 with 2536 viewsbuilthjack

There are still about 3000 empty seats. Surely this will be close to a sellout?
The normally empty North West corner is about sold out. Obviously Leeds fans from nearby.
Should be a good atmosphere.
1-1.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Leeds on 22:03 - Feb 11 with 517 viewsRhonddaSwans

Leeds on 21:29 - Feb 11 by Boundy

I'm torn between supporting us or going to support my grandson playing in the JD Cymru league ,two big games in their own way .I know which it'll be although I am hoping for heavy rain and his game is called off

Who is he playing for mate?

Honestly go and see your grandson.

This is basically dead rubber.

Your grandson will play out of his skin with Grandpa in the crowd.

Keep pushing your Grandson perhaps he could get lucky Lee Trundle wasn't pro untill 24

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Leeds on 23:19 - Feb 11 with 450 viewsowainglyndwr

Leeds on 20:06 - Feb 11 by onehunglow

I lived in Swansea for the first 26 years of my life
I never thought of it as in any way small
It's a sizeable sprawling collection of industrial villages and outlying semi rural areas
It has a beating heart
It has character formed by its people
There is a cloud of small minded blworlocks that has held us back in that we really don't belong in the upper echelons as we used to get 3000 gates and get stuffed by the likes of Workington Town
Wolves and indeed Man city have had to go to outposts to play and we forget
We tumbled out of the Prem in an unforgivable manner and yeah we deserve to be there more than Brentford FC ffs or Bournemouth
We need to remember that and be proud

A friend of mine who has lived here for 18 years now , Sheffield boy and a Wednesday supporter,
Honestly when he goes back home a speaks about the Swans , he says that if there want so much over support going on at the same time of the Swans playing he keeps on saying that we could be a big club.
He also points out the Wembley appearances how fast and easy we sold out
Leeds on 23:21 - Feb 11 with 449 viewsowainglyndwr

Leeds on 18:08 - Feb 11 by 1983

Horrible club and horrible deluded rascist bully fans.

Hull ???
Leeds on 23:43 - Feb 11 with 440 viewsSTID2017

Leeds on 18:43 - Feb 11 by EagleEye

All clubs have peaks & troughs with support levels. The core support of around 14k is not far off where we were before promotion to the EPL. The biggest denominators in determining crowd size are catchment population, results & performances on the pitch. Disenchantment with ownership & low wages in the area also play a part.

Not sure why you would compare a city the size of Bradford with Swansea. Of the teams below us Birmingham & Sheff Weds have huge population density on their doorstep. We are probably on a par with the likes of Stoke, QPR, Huddersfield & Millwall in terms of our ‘size’.Our downward trajectory puts us at a disadvantage just now but some improvement on the pitch & ambition from the club owners would make a difference.

Exactly.
I remember in the week leading up to the Play Off Final in 2011, I bought my first ever season ticket for the Liberty.
I had been buying tickets match by match before then.
It was easy enough to get a ST
As it had been easy enough to get tickets for every game I attended prior to that.
There were many matches in the PL that did not sell out.
So overall (and considering what has happened post-Caraboa Cup Win) we are not doing too bad crowd wise.
If we can carry on improving entertainment-wise then no reason we wont see an increase.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024