Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
πŸ”΄ Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? 17:50 - Feb 18 with 3693 viewsKeithHaynes

Where will the Swans finish this season ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

πŸ”΄ Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 18:36 - Feb 20 with 984 viewsjack247

πŸ”΄ Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 15:00 - Feb 20 by blaenaugwentjack

Out of interest, who would everyone want playing next to Grimes if Fulton was dropped? The obvious is Allen, but can he last 90 minutes and is he mobile enough? Patio maybe? Bit lightweight? Or more than adequate? Could Cooper fill that role? Or is he too attack minded? Only other us Paterson? Very outside choice if you ask me, but we need a change in there.

Patino. Grimes would have to do a lot of covering, because he’s often out of position, but he’s the kind of player who makes things tick. Get him on the ball and take the game to teams.
πŸ”΄ Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 08:14 - Feb 21 with 855 viewsRichardO

πŸ”΄ Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 15:23 - Feb 20 by cadleigh

Option 1 Start with Allen, and then sub him for Patino
Option 2 Start with Patino (anyone got any idea why he isn't getting more game time?)

I would love to see Fulton playing as a DM breaking up opposition attacks with Grimes further up the pitch supplying the ball to our forwards, but the reality is that when they both play the only attacks that get broken up are our own.

Option two for me and that wouldn't include Fulton in the team, the only reason I say that earlier in the season before the first Leicester game for managed to get ahead in games because all the play making wasn't down to Grimes, Patino and Paterson took the pressure off him getting both Grimes and us further up the park, with more threat now with the new wingers we have, the full backs do not need to venture so far forward so it would leave us with more cover at the back which we need. Didn't see or hear the the Ipswich game so don't know if Kuharevich showed enough up front to warrant his inclusion but I would also start with him to give us a presence up top.
It is Grime's natural inclination to drop back which only gives up ground in the centre of the pitch and puts us under pressure, with the fullback actually defending then there is no need for him to drop back as any one of the back four should be able to step out into positions to keep us on the front foot. No point in playing a high line if nobody is winning the ball higher up the park although have we got enough speed but with numbers at the back it would stop us being exposed so much especially if we cut off the supply route through the middle.
If ahead by all means stiffen up the midfield later in the game with Fulton or Allen but we have to make sure we have a outlet up top by ditching the wingers and playing two up top closer together.

One note about playing the likes of older players like Allen, Fulton, Grimes, Naughton and Paterson they get tired and cannot see out games without a loss of preformance and should be used carefully add that concern also to the wingers if they all started you would have to change all 6 later in the game which we know cannot happen so would have to be used wisely, Having too many older players in the team is not a good ideal and will get found out even more so if we are trying to play a high energy game Luke William's seems to want.
Too many older players and too many younger players who are not ready, really is a problem.
[Post edited 21 Feb 12:24]
πŸ”΄ Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 01:32 - Feb 22 with 699 viewsDJack

πŸ”΄ Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 08:14 - Feb 21 by RichardO

Option two for me and that wouldn't include Fulton in the team, the only reason I say that earlier in the season before the first Leicester game for managed to get ahead in games because all the play making wasn't down to Grimes, Patino and Paterson took the pressure off him getting both Grimes and us further up the park, with more threat now with the new wingers we have, the full backs do not need to venture so far forward so it would leave us with more cover at the back which we need. Didn't see or hear the the Ipswich game so don't know if Kuharevich showed enough up front to warrant his inclusion but I would also start with him to give us a presence up top.
It is Grime's natural inclination to drop back which only gives up ground in the centre of the pitch and puts us under pressure, with the fullback actually defending then there is no need for him to drop back as any one of the back four should be able to step out into positions to keep us on the front foot. No point in playing a high line if nobody is winning the ball higher up the park although have we got enough speed but with numbers at the back it would stop us being exposed so much especially if we cut off the supply route through the middle.
If ahead by all means stiffen up the midfield later in the game with Fulton or Allen but we have to make sure we have a outlet up top by ditching the wingers and playing two up top closer together.

One note about playing the likes of older players like Allen, Fulton, Grimes, Naughton and Paterson they get tired and cannot see out games without a loss of preformance and should be used carefully add that concern also to the wingers if they all started you would have to change all 6 later in the game which we know cannot happen so would have to be used wisely, Having too many older players in the team is not a good ideal and will get found out even more so if we are trying to play a high energy game Luke William's seems to want.
Too many older players and too many younger players who are not ready, really is a problem.
[Post edited 21 Feb 12:24]

Your last paragraph is the nub of the issue.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

πŸ”΄ Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 19:10 - Feb 22 with 545 viewsKeithHaynes

Any more for any more before we remove a few idiots ? πŸ˜‚

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

πŸ”΄ Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 19:12 - Feb 24 with 334 viewsGixerJack

πŸ”΄ Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 19:10 - Feb 22 by KeithHaynes

Any more for any more before we remove a few idiots ? πŸ˜‚

I’m sticking with lower mid table, anywhere from 11 to 16.
πŸ”΄ Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 20:23 - Feb 24 with 286 viewsWhiterockin

Good job we got 2 wins from this run of 4 when many expected us to get nothing, or we would be deep in the mire.
πŸ”΄ Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 22:07 - Feb 24 with 216 viewsonehunglow

πŸ”΄ Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 20:23 - Feb 24 by Whiterockin

Good job we got 2 wins from this run of 4 when many expected us to get nothing, or we would be deep in the mire.

We are still on stook
Next games vital,as they all are though ,really.
I worry Weds will escape

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024