Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? 17:57 - Feb 19 with 3103 viewsReslovenSwan1

There has been some discussion of a new home for the Ospreys. I think in fact it is a poor idea as they have room to "grow into" the Swansea.com with hospitality areas available.

I was one of 20,000 watching he Ospreys v Wasps 15 years ago with Marshall Henson Byrne Tiatia etc. They seem to be playing well at the moment and if they play good winning rugby and catch the imagination the fans will come.

St Helens has been mentioned but it seems not so good for access. The Vetch is closer to the city centre with the bus station and city car parks.

Could the Vetch site be redeveloped for a 10,000 seater if the Ospreys want to downsize. Are there leasehold issues or planning issues with the neighbours?

Wise sage since Toshack era

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 22:39 - Feb 21 with 822 viewsWhiterockin

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 22:25 - Feb 21 by Dr_Winston

My family ran the Globe in Mysydd Road for the best part of 20 years. Loads of Swans fans in there before and after games. A handful of Ospreys fans at best.

We have to accept that football and rugby supporters are totally different with different needs. It still pisses me off that someone can sit in my seat sipping a pint while I can't. As I say different criteria.
Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 16:11 - Feb 22 with 698 viewsSullutaCreturned

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 19:02 - Feb 21 by Dr_Winston

Something about 10,000 capacity with 2-3,000 seats and the rest terrace/safe standing you'd think would be more than ample for their needs for the majority of games.

They'll need significant funding from somewhere to do it though as they couldn't afford to do it on their own. Although in fairness, neither could we in 2003. A link up with other organisations for a multi use facility would probably make the most sense.

I thought their new CEO was looking for an all seated stadia with 6-8000 capacity. Given what their average crowd is that makes sense because for bigger games like the Boxing day matches versus Llanelli they could borrow the Swansea.com, for a fee of course.
Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 16:48 - Feb 22 with 681 viewsReslovenSwan1

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 16:11 - Feb 22 by SullutaCreturned

I thought their new CEO was looking for an all seated stadia with 6-8000 capacity. Given what their average crowd is that makes sense because for bigger games like the Boxing day matches versus Llanelli they could borrow the Swansea.com, for a fee of course.

Why for free? Swansea city is not a charity and neither are the Ospreys. They should stay at the Swansea.com. They have an excellent facility they can grow into. They are playing well at the moment.

I watched a sell out game v the Wasps 15 years ago or so.

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 16:53 - Feb 22 with 675 viewsWhiterockin

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 16:48 - Feb 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Why for free? Swansea city is not a charity and neither are the Ospreys. They should stay at the Swansea.com. They have an excellent facility they can grow into. They are playing well at the moment.

I watched a sell out game v the Wasps 15 years ago or so.

First paragraph where did he say for free.

Second paragraph they no longer sell out.
Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 17:06 - Feb 22 with 650 viewsReslovenSwan1

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 16:53 - Feb 22 by Whiterockin

First paragraph where did he say for free.

Second paragraph they no longer sell out.

He said "for free of course" in the last part. The Ospreys should be aspirational and play good rugby and aim to get 20,000 every week.

Better advertising
Ticket deals
Half time entertainment.

One option is synergies with the football team . Half price tickets for Swansea city season ticket holders, Gude and Coleman are business experts.

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 17:25 - Feb 22 with 636 viewsWhiterockin

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 17:06 - Feb 22 by ReslovenSwan1

He said "for free of course" in the last part. The Ospreys should be aspirational and play good rugby and aim to get 20,000 every week.

Better advertising
Ticket deals
Half time entertainment.

One option is synergies with the football team . Half price tickets for Swansea city season ticket holders, Gude and Coleman are business experts.

I suggest you try reading it again, this time read what it says instead of what you would like it to say.
Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 20:22 - Feb 22 with 581 viewsdeepdale81

The Ospreys want to have a good atmosphere at a ground so filling it is the plan,my hunch is Bridgend as its not far from the railway station ,will pull in rhondda interest.But I may be wrong .I did see Lance Bradley the new Ceo driving into St Helens on Tuesday afternoon.
(I am not joking).
It would take a lot to bring St Helens up to scratch though.Heard the Council aren't interested.And the Gnoll has problems getting tv Cameras in.
They are playing Sale in the cup in April in Bridgend and it is close to selling out.
If that game was played at Swansea on a Saturday night at 8 oclock they would be lucky to get 3000 .I am an Ospreys season ticket holder and have just renewed my Swans one.
Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 20:29 - Feb 22 with 571 viewsReslovenSwan1

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 20:22 - Feb 22 by deepdale81

The Ospreys want to have a good atmosphere at a ground so filling it is the plan,my hunch is Bridgend as its not far from the railway station ,will pull in rhondda interest.But I may be wrong .I did see Lance Bradley the new Ceo driving into St Helens on Tuesday afternoon.
(I am not joking).
It would take a lot to bring St Helens up to scratch though.Heard the Council aren't interested.And the Gnoll has problems getting tv Cameras in.
They are playing Sale in the cup in April in Bridgend and it is close to selling out.
If that game was played at Swansea on a Saturday night at 8 oclock they would be lucky to get 3000 .I am an Ospreys season ticket holder and have just renewed my Swans one.

"Selling out" means not lot. There is an novelty factor that wears off.

I remember Jonathan Davies getting excited about the Blues selling out Sardis Road. If was jammed packed uncomfortable and dangerous and only 4,000 there.

Login to get fewer ads

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 20:35 - Feb 22 with 565 viewsdeepdale81

Do you go?
Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 20:58 - Feb 22 with 546 viewsWhiterockin

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 17:25 - Feb 22 by Whiterockin

I suggest you try reading it again, this time read what it says instead of what you would like it to say.

I notice you totally ignored this, as you always do when proved wrong.
Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 14:01 - Feb 23 with 432 viewsDoubeDoube

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 21:27 - Feb 21 by KeithHaynes

Rugby fans don’t intimidate residents.
Well Gloucester must be unique.

They often have public order units out for the rugby, especially Leicester where whole areas have to be closed off. Another interesting fact is the disorder happens after the game in the pubs. And there’s a lot of it. The difference between rugby and football is that for hours after a football match it’s football related. For rugby it is not. If it were the stats would knock ‘good old rugger buggers having a laugh’ out of the park.

There have been times when not one cell is available after the fall out from rugby games. But of course it’s unrecorded and goes down as normal disorder.

with the greatest respect Keith that is very disingenuous of you. Rugby supporters do no fight with others because of the team you support. Don't walk around in gangs trying to intimidate people. I think you may be referring to international days with the arrests. When 80,000 go to the stadium, another X ammount converge on Cardiff, local pubs and clubs are full. Then there is the alcohol thrown in, not a fair comparrison really mate. I love both sports but compare match day atmospheres then they are chalk and cheese where trouble comes into it
Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 19:50 - Feb 23 with 369 viewsSullutaCreturned

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 20:58 - Feb 22 by Whiterockin

I notice you totally ignored this, as you always do when proved wrong.

Thank you WR, you're a gentleman sir

Resloven.... do try again
Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 20:04 - Feb 23 with 366 viewsReslovenSwan1

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 19:50 - Feb 23 by SullutaCreturned

Thank you WR, you're a gentleman sir

Resloven.... do try again

It a fair kop I was wrong. Fee / free. Bravo.

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 20:23 - Feb 23 with 353 viewsWhiterockin

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 20:04 - Feb 23 by ReslovenSwan1

It a fair kop I was wrong. Fee / free. Bravo.

Thank you.
Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 08:35 - Feb 24 with 295 viewsDr_Winston

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 14:01 - Feb 23 by DoubeDoube

with the greatest respect Keith that is very disingenuous of you. Rugby supporters do no fight with others because of the team you support. Don't walk around in gangs trying to intimidate people. I think you may be referring to international days with the arrests. When 80,000 go to the stadium, another X ammount converge on Cardiff, local pubs and clubs are full. Then there is the alcohol thrown in, not a fair comparrison really mate. I love both sports but compare match day atmospheres then they are chalk and cheese where trouble comes into it

I've been in Cardiff on numerous football days and rugby days and the atmosphere and feeling of likely violence is far higher when it's Rugby.

Problem is because Rugby fans think that their sh*t doesn't stink when it comes to drunken mayhem, you get excusals of the aggro on a match day like this one with the reasoning that "at least they don't roam around in gangs".
[Post edited 24 Feb 8:38]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Could the Ospreys relocated to the old Vetch field? on 09:20 - Feb 24 with 248 viewsonehunglow

Such hatred of a great game by some . The Grammar school policy of banning football and enforcing rugby ,even on those utterly unsuitable physically to play it ,left its mark on many as we are seeing
Personally,I was decent at both but better at rugby although I refused to play for the school as it clashed with my football. I had a tough time over it . I didn’t like the social side of rugby either,which is the converse of what is “ normal” . I detested the drinking ,naughty Ladd culture .
Swansea has a very proud history of rugby achievements including beating full touring sides .
Sadly, it wasn’t given status as a stand alone region unlike the capital ,of course.
Going in with Neath was always going to be trouble .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024