Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Politicians 12:13 - Feb 29 with 588 viewsYrAlarch

It has been reported that there are currently 7 MPs being investigated by the Commons standards authority.
It's no wonder voters are so cynical and, as a consequence are failing to turn out at elections.
Not good for the democratic process though.
Politicians on 12:20 - Feb 29 with 579 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I've said it before the selection criteria needs to be tightened so that people with a track record of success in complex and responsible jobs find their way onto candidate lists. Too many career politicians good at self promotion and with self interest are getting selected as candidates.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Politicians on 12:20 - Feb 29 with 579 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

In 2012 it was confirmed that 43% of sitting MPs had a criminal record. 43%!!!

Do you think that figure has improved since then? I don’t.

https://www.theipsa.org.uk/freedom-of-information/2018-19/cas-130967
[Post edited 29 Feb 12:20]

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Politicians on 12:45 - Feb 29 with 548 viewsJumpingJackFlash

I think the MP for my constituency, Swansea West, is under some sort of investigation. He's been thrown out of the Labour Party and currently sits as an independent.
Politicians on 13:24 - Feb 29 with 523 viewsmajorraglan

Numerous sources reporting Gove is now under investigation by the Parliamentary standards watchdog.

The BBC article refers to an article in last week’s Guardian about Gove failing to report attending a football match as a guest of a Conservative donor. What the BBC article omitted to say (which the Guardian did highlight) was the fact said Conservative Party donor had a company which was referred to the VIP PPE lane and picked up contracts to the tune of £164m.
Politicians on 13:25 - Feb 29 with 523 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Politicians on 12:20 - Feb 29 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

In 2012 it was confirmed that 43% of sitting MPs had a criminal record. 43%!!!

Do you think that figure has improved since then? I don’t.

https://www.theipsa.org.uk/freedom-of-information/2018-19/cas-130967
[Post edited 29 Feb 12:20]

I think about 25% of the adult population has a criminal conviction, so if you are a criminal you are more likely to be an MP!

Marvellous.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Politicians on 19:20 - Feb 29 with 435 viewsSullutaCreturned

Did anybody read it...

Request
In 2012 reports confirmed 243 (43%) of Parliamentary MPs out of 650, had criminal records over a wide range of offences and included "prison terms" in some cases.

What is the situation in 2018 after the last General Election of 2016?

Response
IPSA does not hold any information relating to criminal offences MPs have been charged with or convicted of, as they are not obliged to disclose this information to us.

This concludes our response to your request.

They are not obliged to disclose a criminal conviction!! Surely running for Parliament should mean a full DBS and certain crimes meaning an instant ban on being an MP?
Politicians on 21:14 - Feb 29 with 405 viewsAnotherJohn

Politicians on 13:24 - Feb 29 by majorraglan

Numerous sources reporting Gove is now under investigation by the Parliamentary standards watchdog.

The BBC article refers to an article in last week’s Guardian about Gove failing to report attending a football match as a guest of a Conservative donor. What the BBC article omitted to say (which the Guardian did highlight) was the fact said Conservative Party donor had a company which was referred to the VIP PPE lane and picked up contracts to the tune of £164m.

The bizarre twist there was that the undeclared benefit was two free tickets to see QPR, as a guest of David Mellor. Of course, there may well have been unknown backhanders provided for the PPE contract that went to Mellor's company. However, I couldn't help wondering what David Mellor was doing watching QPR when he is infamous for his antics with Antonia de Sancha, while wearing a Chelsea shirt. He seems to have gone down the nick a bit!
Politicians on 22:08 - Feb 29 with 389 viewsmajorraglan

Politicians on 21:14 - Feb 29 by AnotherJohn

The bizarre twist there was that the undeclared benefit was two free tickets to see QPR, as a guest of David Mellor. Of course, there may well have been unknown backhanders provided for the PPE contract that went to Mellor's company. However, I couldn't help wondering what David Mellor was doing watching QPR when he is infamous for his antics with Antonia de Sancha, while wearing a Chelsea shirt. He seems to have gone down the nick a bit!

They are 2 different people, the guy involved with the QPR tickets is David Meller.
Login to get fewer ads

Politicians on 22:18 - Feb 29 with 380 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Two tickets to see QPR?

Poor bugger.
Politicians on 19:19 - Mar 1 with 261 viewsmajorraglan

Another one!! £25k for dinner with the chancellor!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/mar/01/tory-donor-pays-25000-for-dinne
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024