Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You couldn’t make it up ! 14:32 - Apr 22 with 3809 viewssw02sea

Cardiff 'claiming £104m in compensation from Nantes' over Sala
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13336207/Cardiff-compensation
You couldn’t make it up ! on 17:08 - Apr 26 with 387 viewsmax936

You couldn’t make it up ! on 16:34 - Apr 26 by SullutaCreturned

Oh, so I shouldn't eh

I'll use whatever language I like, inside therules of course. There is just as much likelihood that Sala would have failed in what was a poor Cardiff side.

Your opinion really doesn't count, not any more than mine or anybody else not connected. If the case goes against Tan then he'll be "picking" up another tab.

Maybe you hadn't noticed but the world isn't a fair place, why is it fair on Nantes that they sell a player (and even you cannot argue that he was a CCFC player) and then they have to pay Cardiff over 100 million making them 89 million out of pocket?

Maybe Cardiff shouldnt have been negligent and made sure to arrange Sala's transport themselves, that issue will be deided by the court, not some nobody on here.

Excellent post and 100% correct, have an up arrow.

Just to add, that doesn't mean I like you

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

You couldn’t make it up ! on 18:17 - Apr 26 with 324 viewsSullutaCreturned

You couldn’t make it up ! on 17:08 - Apr 26 by max936

Excellent post and 100% correct, have an up arrow.

Just to add, that doesn't mean I like you

Ditto
You couldn’t make it up ! on 19:40 - Apr 27 with 165 viewsReslovenSwan1

You couldn’t make it up ! on 16:55 - Apr 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

What blame do Nantes have to share though? The person criminally responsible for these deaths was convicted of two charges. He organised an illegal flight in a dodgy plane in horrific weather conditions with a pilot who wasn’t qualified and not licensed to carry passengers.

How is any of this the fault of Nantes football club?

If you clear out your garage and ask "Sams Shewen Skip Hire" to remove all the wastes you have accumulated you have something called a "Duty of Care ".

This means if you rubbish turned up in a field somewhere in the Gower you are held responsible. It is your waste. It was your duty to check that SSSH were registered carriers with a waste management licence. You will argue you gave Sam £50 and you were no longer owner of the waste Sam was, "It will not wash sunshine" .

You will argue that you trusted the SSSH were OK because they did a good job for your brother in law. It is not enough. Your weeping in court at the £500 fine will cut no ice.

I am not a lawyer but the same principle in UK / EU probably applies in a similar way.

Nantes had a 'duty of care ' to Sala. He attended an event at Nantes football club (possibly by invitation from them) and through their agent organised transport for him. The pilot was as cheap as you could possibly get and was paid a miserly £270 in cash.

Like you outside Neath Court of Justice "Cela n'a rien à voir avec moi monsieur" should not be satisfactory.

I am talking principles of justice as I see them not the law. I am not a lawyer. Once the £15m certificate was in the bank Nantes failed in their "duty of care" or its actual EU / French legal equivalent.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024