Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley 23:51 - May 11 with 542 viewsmax936

Just watched them on MOTD and they looked back at their season and some of their play reminded me of the way we have played over the last couple of years, neatly summed up by Micah Richards in him saying that Kompany wants them to play a particular way but the players aren't good enough to play that way, that's been us to a Tee, for me.

Not so much under LW I might add.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Burnley on 01:12 - May 12 with 495 viewsdobjack2

Don't disagree. Burnley didn't have the players to play the way Kompany wanted to play in the top division. We didn't have the players to play the way Martin wanted to play in the championship.

If you have the resources of Man City you can pay to get the be players in, other teams have to cut their cloth according to their budget.

That's where our signings in the Martinez era were good, however we were looking at a type of player other clubs weren't- ahead of the times.
Burnley on 08:41 - May 12 with 428 viewspencoedjack

Burnley on 01:12 - May 12 by dobjack2

Don't disagree. Burnley didn't have the players to play the way Kompany wanted to play in the top division. We didn't have the players to play the way Martin wanted to play in the championship.

If you have the resources of Man City you can pay to get the be players in, other teams have to cut their cloth according to their budget.

That's where our signings in the Martinez era were good, however we were looking at a type of player other clubs weren't- ahead of the times.

Palace are the team to look at.

Scoured the lower leagues for gems (mixed with some decent signings) put a decent manager in place & play great attacking football.

I believe Dougie Freedman has a lot to do with it hence why he’s being scouted by bigger clubs.
[Post edited 12 May 9:17]
Burnley on 08:42 - May 12 with 425 viewsonehunglow

100%
I might have opined previously as such

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Burnley on 10:04 - May 12 with 366 viewsSullutaCreturned

Thsi seems to be the modern way, don't use what you have to their best ability but make them do somethingthey aren't great at.

Nobody would take a rally car and insist it can win formula one but this is (figuratively speaking) what we are seeing, players who are sledgehammers being told they can be a scalpel.

All players can be improved but Grimes will never be DeBruyne in any sense, Cabango will never be Van Dijk and Jerry Yates will never be a striker...not for us anyway.
Burnley on 11:28 - May 12 with 311 viewsmax936

Burnley on 08:41 - May 12 by pencoedjack

Palace are the team to look at.

Scoured the lower leagues for gems (mixed with some decent signings) put a decent manager in place & play great attacking football.

I believe Dougie Freedman has a lot to do with it hence why he’s being scouted by bigger clubs.
[Post edited 12 May 9:17]

This, they've been fantastic lately.

Simon Jordan was singing Freemans praises a few weeks ago after they beat Liverpool, Olise and Eze are both cracking players, can't see Palace being able to hold on to them, to be honest.
[Post edited 12 May 11:35]

Burnley on 11:39 - May 12 with 291 viewsmax936

Burnley on 10:04 - May 12 by SullutaCreturned

Thsi seems to be the modern way, don't use what you have to their best ability but make them do somethingthey aren't great at.

Nobody would take a rally car and insist it can win formula one but this is (figuratively speaking) what we are seeing, players who are sledgehammers being told they can be a scalpel.

All players can be improved but Grimes will never be DeBruyne in any sense, Cabango will never be Van Dijk and Jerry Yates will never be a striker...not for us anyway.

"All players can be improved but Grimes will never be DeBruyne in any sense, Cabango will never be Van Dijk and Jerry Yates will never be a striker...not for us anyway."

Glad you put all that into context

See Eddie Yates and you'll see Jerry Yates

Burnley on 13:12 - May 12 with 246 viewsSullutaCreturned

Burnley on 11:39 - May 12 by max936

"All players can be improved but Grimes will never be DeBruyne in any sense, Cabango will never be Van Dijk and Jerry Yates will never be a striker...not for us anyway."

Glad you put all that into context

See Eddie Yates and you'll see Jerry Yates

I do like an "analogy" though I think the Eddie Yates thing is unfair on Eddie.

On paper Yates was a good buy but as Cloughie said, the game isn't played on paper.
Burnley on 13:16 - May 12 with 237 viewsmax936

Burnley on 13:12 - May 12 by SullutaCreturned

I do like an "analogy" though I think the Eddie Yates thing is unfair on Eddie.

On paper Yates was a good buy but as Cloughie said, the game isn't played on paper.

Cloughie was ahead of his time, not the nicest of people though, not like me or you

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024