Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election 23:07 - May 17 with 2061 viewsbuilthjack

It must be time for that useless lot to go now surely.
I just saw the latest polls, they are widening by the day.
47% Labour. 23% Tory.
Time to be a man and chuck the towel in Sunak.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

General Election on 06:20 - May 20 with 347 viewsmajorraglan

General Election on 02:46 - May 20 by AnotherJohn

Builthy can hardly wait. Personally I would delay the election as long as possible to give people more time to think about what we may be heading for.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/labour-plans-simplify-process-change-231853344.html

Richi Sunak will call an election at the time he thinks he has the greatest chance of success, that’s all that matters to him and the conservatives.

We’ve seen a huge reduction in the standard of living high affects everyone, while all we’re hearing from the government is “woke” stuff a lot of which doesn’t affect many at all.
General Election on 06:33 - May 20 with 340 viewsAnotherJohn

General Election on 06:20 - May 20 by majorraglan

Richi Sunak will call an election at the time he thinks he has the greatest chance of success, that’s all that matters to him and the conservatives.

We’ve seen a huge reduction in the standard of living high affects everyone, while all we’re hearing from the government is “woke” stuff a lot of which doesn’t affect many at all.

This is a point about which we disagree The mindset which one may gloss as woke is starting to affect key policy areas, not least in the Senedd. And I am less concerned with what is good for Conservative politicians, than what is good for British people.
[Post edited 20 May 6:35]
General Election on 06:42 - May 20 with 318 viewsmajorraglan

General Election on 06:33 - May 20 by AnotherJohn

This is a point about which we disagree The mindset which one may gloss as woke is starting to affect key policy areas, not least in the Senedd. And I am less concerned with what is good for Conservative politicians, than what is good for British people.
[Post edited 20 May 6:35]

But the conservative politicians will be more concerned what is good for them than what is good for the British public. The national interest comes second best to the interests of the Conservative Party.
General Election on 06:57 - May 20 with 313 viewsAnotherJohn

General Election on 06:42 - May 20 by majorraglan

But the conservative politicians will be more concerned what is good for them than what is good for the British public. The national interest comes second best to the interests of the Conservative Party.

To me it makes more sense to look at policies and assess their impact, than to make judgements about which politicians are most eager to feather their own nests. My own MP here in Swansea West, whom I once voted for, is not exactly a model of Labour moral rectitude. If you look at the numbers of MPs who were elected on either the Conservative or Labour sides, but are now suspended for various nefarious activities, it is pretty much a dead heat. I make it 8 Tories and 7 Labour.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/apr/18/losing-the-whip-who-are-the-18-
[Post edited 20 May 6:58]
General Election on 07:38 - May 20 with 264 viewspencoedjack

General Election on 06:57 - May 20 by AnotherJohn

To me it makes more sense to look at policies and assess their impact, than to make judgements about which politicians are most eager to feather their own nests. My own MP here in Swansea West, whom I once voted for, is not exactly a model of Labour moral rectitude. If you look at the numbers of MPs who were elected on either the Conservative or Labour sides, but are now suspended for various nefarious activities, it is pretty much a dead heat. I make it 8 Tories and 7 Labour.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/apr/18/losing-the-whip-who-are-the-18-
[Post edited 20 May 6:58]

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-wales-nhs-is-at-least-three-ti

https://www.economicsobservatory.com/how-has-wales-changed-under-mark-drakefords
[Post edited 20 May 7:42]
General Election on 07:48 - May 20 with 247 viewsWhiterockin

General Election on 06:20 - May 20 by majorraglan

I think it is more about damage limitation. IMO he is hoping that he can get a slight upturn so that they will fight the election after next from a slightly higher base.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024