Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a week ahead of us 06:58 - Sep 9 with 7622 viewsgibs0n

After the international break:

Liverpool
Valencia
Crystal Palace

- Liverpool is flying at the moment, but we are playing home, so we should get something!
- Valencia, this is a dream come true! This is real Europe!
- Crystal Palace. We need 3 points to climb up in the table.

Busy week :-)

What a week ahead of us on 07:13 - Sep 9 with 7596 viewsJBT95

Its a busy 12 days with 5 fixtures, one every 3 days - 16th, 19th, 22nd, 25th, 28th.
What a week ahead of us on 07:52 - Sep 9 with 7549 viewsgibs0n

Yes, now I guess we will see if we have 2 quality players for each position.
What a week ahead of us on 08:13 - Sep 9 with 7507 viewsWhiterockin

We do not have four quality players to play in the centre of defence. We have players with promise, but they are not ready.
What a week ahead of us on 15:13 - Sep 9 with 7231 viewsJBT95

What a week ahead of us on 08:13 - Sep 9 by Whiterockin

We do not have four quality players to play in the centre of defence. We have players with promise, but they are not ready.

What? Williams, Chico, Amat, Monk. More than capable all four of them.
What a week ahead of us on 19:45 - Sep 9 with 6999 viewsdgt73

What a week ahead of us on 15:13 - Sep 9 by JBT95

Yea im sure monk will get some game time in the league cup and fa cup.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

What a week ahead of us on 19:50 - Sep 9 with 6977 viewsmonmouth

Apologies to Perch but I'm not superstitious at all so I'm happy to say Ash has missed something like one game in 5 years. He loves playing, so I don't think we'll end up short there when it matters with three effectively covering one position.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What a week ahead of us on 20:00 - Sep 9 with 6956 viewsWhiterockin

What a week ahead of us on 15:13 - Sep 9 by JBT95

Would I play Amat or Monk against Liverpool, No. Against Valencia way, No. Palace away possibly Amat if I had to. Birmingham away, yes both.
What a week ahead of us on 10:31 - Sep 10 with 6722 viewsBelfast

What a week ahead of us on 20:00 - Sep 9 by Whiterockin

Would I play Amat or Monk against Liverpool, No. Against Valencia way, No. Palace away possibly Amat if I had to. Birmingham away, yes both.

Monk, no, please, he has run his course.

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

Login to get fewer ads

What a week ahead of us on 12:17 - Sep 10 with 6642 viewsjacksfullaces

What a week ahead of us on 10:31 - Sep 10 by Belfast

Monk, no, please, he has run his course.

should have kept Ki for this very reason ;)

wouldn't have won the Capital One Cup without him shoring up the central defence ......
What a week ahead of us on 12:25 - Sep 10 with 6614 viewsBelfast

Ive nothing against him, he is just past it, but then again i don't think he deserves the right to walk in to a coaching role either, unless of course its to replace KOL ?

Ki would have fitted this defensive role perfectly, he has before.

What a week ahead of us on 12:39 - Sep 10 with 6587 viewsmacthejack

What a week ahead of us on 12:17 - Sep 10 by jacksfullaces

should have kept Ki for this very reason ;)

wouldn't have won the Capital One Cup without him shoring up the central defence ......

Might not have won the Capital One Cup without Monk scoring that late winner at Crawley.
What a week ahead of us on 13:09 - Sep 10 with 6526 viewsJJJack

What a week ahead of us on 12:39 - Sep 10 by macthejack

Might not have won the Capital One Cup without Monk scoring that late winner at Crawley.

Exactly. THAT goal was important in the end...Ki playing CB at Wembley was irrelevant..we'd still have won if I'd have played CB in the final FFS.

Back on topic, I hope we play a 1st choice X1 against Liverpool & Palace but I seriously hope we put the Ressies out against Valencia....it's unlikely we'll win there anyway and we should target the other 5 matches in the EL as priority and given the upcoming schedule, this game is by far the least important.
What a week ahead of us on 14:23 - Sep 10 with 6445 viewskarnataka

What a week ahead of us on 13:09 - Sep 10 by JJJack

Exactly. THAT goal was important in the end...Ki playing CB at Wembley was irrelevant..we'd still have won if I'd have played CB in the final FFS.

Back on topic, I hope we play a 1st choice X1 against Liverpool & Palace but I seriously hope we put the Ressies out against Valencia....it's unlikely we'll win there anyway and we should target the other 5 matches in the EL as priority and given the upcoming schedule, this game is by far the least important.

There will be a lot of Jacks going over to Valencia, myself included, and they all deserve to see a strong team going there to try and win. I remember going to Shrewsbury a couple of seasons ago and we'd put out a reserve team and got turned over and those who had taken time off work and travelled hundreds miles and spent hundreds of pounds to see our team deserved far better than to watch a team not trying their best to win a match. I certainly hope the same doesn't happen in Valencia.
What a week ahead of us on 14:27 - Sep 10 with 6432 viewsWhiterockin

What a week ahead of us on 14:23 - Sep 10 by karnataka

There will be a lot of Jacks going over to Valencia, myself included, and they all deserve to see a strong team going there to try and win. I remember going to Shrewsbury a couple of seasons ago and we'd put out a reserve team and got turned over and those who had taken time off work and travelled hundreds miles and spent hundreds of pounds to see our team deserved far better than to watch a team not trying their best to win a match. I certainly hope the same doesn't happen in Valencia.

Sorry but in my opinion collecting points in the Premier League is more important than pleasing travelling fans.
What a week ahead of us on 17:55 - Sep 10 with 6315 viewsSpratty

What a week ahead of us on 12:39 - Sep 10 by macthejack

Or without DG10 coming on, lifting the team and scoring the second goal
What a week ahead of us on 18:36 - Sep 10 with 6279 viewsPlasticman

What a week ahead of us on 14:27 - Sep 10 by Whiterockin

Sorry but in my opinion collecting points in the Premier League is more important than pleasing travelling fans.

What's the point of entering a tournemant if you are not bothered with it at all? I don't get this whole charade of people saying that competitions where we can actually do well in and has a chance to showcase the team and gain international recognition should be down-prioritized to the degree that you would field a whole reserve team.

I find such attitudes as being defeatist in the extreme and totally ignoring the point to participating in competitions in the first place.

We have a deep squad, I think we'll find that Laudrup will 'have a go' at the cups to try and give some success stories to the players while still taking the league serious.

Especially the match against Valencia is such a big chance for us to make a proper impression on the spanish market that I would think it to be downright folly to ignore that possibility if we did our best to do well against them.

Plastic since 2012

What a week ahead of us on 19:28 - Sep 10 with 6247 viewsgibs0n

ML will try to do well in EL, and I hope we can be as good as Getafe was when ML played EL with them.
What a week ahead of us on 23:59 - Sep 10 with 6144 viewsJJJack

What a week ahead of us on 18:36 - Sep 10 by Plasticman

What's the point of entering a tournemant if you are not bothered with it at all? I don't get this whole charade of people saying that competitions where we can actually do well in and has a chance to showcase the team and gain international recognition should be down-prioritized to the degree that you would field a whole reserve team.

I find such attitudes as being defeatist in the extreme and totally ignoring the point to participating in competitions in the first place.

We have a deep squad, I think we'll find that Laudrup will 'have a go' at the cups to try and give some success stories to the players while still taking the league serious.

Especially the match against Valencia is such a big chance for us to make a proper impression on the spanish market that I would think it to be downright folly to ignore that possibility if we did our best to do well against them.

Personally I wasn;t downplaying the EL at all, merely the Valencia game itself. It simply is lowest priority in the coming weeks. However many fans are going over there purely to support the team.
What a week ahead of us on 00:05 - Sep 11 with 6126 viewsBelfast

What a week ahead of us on 17:55 - Sep 10 by Spratty

Or without DG10 coming on, lifting the team and scoring the second goal

Dwights cross for that goal ?
Perfect.

What a week ahead of us on 00:30 - Sep 11 with 6090 viewsJJJack

What a week ahead of us on 00:05 - Sep 11 by Belfast

Dwights cross for that goal ?
Perfect.

It would indeed be a novelty to play someone for once who can actually cross a ball. Like Dwight for example. Especially with Bony in the team this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024