Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins Guardian interview 23:36 - Nov 2 with 17143 viewsSwansforever

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/02/swansea-chairman-huw-jenkins-car Very interesting to read.
Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 07:53 - Nov 3 with 2085 viewsShaky

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 07:40 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

Excellent words from Huwbert there. Nice to see that the best chairman in the Premier League is also fed up of seeing Laudrup bottle it and put Michu upfront too.

And you think that criticism of your manager's tactics is best made in a major set piece interview with a national newspaper, do you?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 07:53 - Nov 3 with 2084 viewsblaine_scfc

Hang on, Huw doesn't allow anywhere near the funds alot of managers get at their disposal, who his he to say anything about a "defeatist" attitude? Laudrup has been completely honest and realistic from the day he has been here, nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Huw has done, and still doing an unbelievable job at the club, but I'd prefer it if he didnt go publicly slagging off the staff who have bought us massive success in the last season.
Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 07:53 - Nov 3 with 2083 viewsUxbridge

Manager gives stretch target to employee shocker. Little to see here.

Might just be me but I think there's more than a little friction there. Not necessarily a bad thing but doesn't make for a long term relationship.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:01 - Nov 3 with 2062 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 07:53 - Nov 3 by Shaky

And you think that criticism of your manager's tactics is best made in a major set piece interview with a national newspaper, do you?

Depends if you think he hasn't said it to his face too.

Laudrup's a big boy. He'll get over it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:06 - Nov 3 with 2051 viewsblaine_scfc

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:01 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

Smallest budget in premier league, we come 9th and get this club in to Europe, and he takes a swipe like that in a national newspaper. Get a grip Huw and live in the real world.
Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:07 - Nov 3 with 2048 viewsShaky

I disagree. For starters you are interpreting Huw's comment's in a way that is consistent with your own analysis of the tactical issues, whereas he is in fact only talking about belief and confidence.

This is ill-timed and ill-judged; as I said inexplicable.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:12 - Nov 3 with 2038 viewsmonmouth

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 07:53 - Nov 3 by Uxbridge

Manager gives stretch target to employee shocker. Little to see here.

Might just be me but I think there's more than a little friction there. Not necessarily a bad thing but doesn't make for a long term relationship.

Its over after this season for these two Ux. I think that much is plain. Those are direct criticisms of ML ("people talking about leagues within leagues") and ML keeps saying 'I stayed because I said I would'. I'm cool with that as I never expected more than two seasons, but I'm uneasy about the public nature of this. Stretch targets are fine....kept private. Publicly announced unilateral targets that one party sees as a direct contradiction of his obvious understanding of reality are different things altogether. I hope none of this guff hangs over us this season. It's unnecessary, even though I agree with Huw.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:15 - Nov 3 with 2030 viewsmonmouth

Do you believe that Doc? This wasn't necessary at all, and looks like a (rather petty....for want of a better word) sideswipe to me.

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:18 - Nov 3 with 2019 viewsShaky

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:15 - Nov 3 by monmouth

Do you believe that Doc? This wasn't necessary at all, and looks like a (rather petty....for want of a better word) sideswipe to me.

There is nothing sideswipe about this at all.

It is a full-on public bollocking veiled in only the flimsiest way, but delivered on highly questionable grounds.

Simply astonishing.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:20 - Nov 3 with 2010 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:15 - Nov 3 by monmouth

I don't doubt for a second that Huw's had a chat with Laudrup about it. Perhaps he didn't like the response. Maybe I'm not as concerned about this as others because it's a view I've shared strongly for a while.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:25 - Nov 3 with 1999 viewsShaky

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:20 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

I don't doubt for a second that Huw's had a chat with Laudrup about it. Perhaps he didn't like the response. Maybe I'm not as concerned about this as others because it's a view I've shared strongly for a while.

But you are projecting your own personal interpretation on the issue at heart in a way that is by no means supported by the facts and statements as publicly known.

Maybe you have some other information about this but for now your position is simply not sustainable.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:32 - Nov 3 with 1990 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:25 - Nov 3 by Shaky

But you are projecting your own personal interpretation on the issue at heart in a way that is by no means supported by the facts and statements as publicly known.

Maybe you have some other information about this but for now your position is simply not sustainable.

Maybe I just don't care what you think Dimi.

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:33 - Nov 3 with 1985 viewsmonmouth

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:20 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

Oh yes, it accords with my view alright, but that doesn't make me less uneasy about the public nature of it. For all his genius in running our club I don't think Huw was at the head of the queue when old god was doling out the emotional intelligence. I hope you're right but still think it wholly unnecessary as its impossible to read it as anything but public criticism of the managers public views.

Anyway, win today and I won't give a toss.....

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:33 - Nov 3 with 1984 viewsShaky

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:32 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

Maybe I just don't care what you think Dimi.

Or maybe you simply resort to the Dimi smear when you haven't a rational response.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:35 - Nov 3 with 1979 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:33 - Nov 3 by monmouth

Oh yes, it accords with my view alright, but that doesn't make me less uneasy about the public nature of it. For all his genius in running our club I don't think Huw was at the head of the queue when old god was doling out the emotional intelligence. I hope you're right but still think it wholly unnecessary as its impossible to read it as anything but public criticism of the managers public views.

Anyway, win today and I won't give a toss.....

Perhaps the fact that Laudrup didn't seem unduly concerned when his attack dog was running his mouth off every five minutes this summer makes me less concerned about what he'll think when the boot is on the other foot.

I just don't see this as anything to get particularly worked up over.

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:38 - Nov 3 with 1939 viewsmonmouth

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:35 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

Perhaps the fact that Laudrup didn't seem unduly concerned when his attack dog was running his mouth off every five minutes this summer makes me less concerned about what he'll think when the boot is on the other foot.

I just don't see this as anything to get particularly worked up over.

Aye, I was just thinking as I wrote the last sentence. Lose today and I won't give a toss either.

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:39 - Nov 3 with 1938 viewsexiledclaseboy

Unwise and badly timed comments no matter how much anyone wants to put their personal interpretation on what Jenkins said or claim vindication for their own views on Laudrup's tenure from Jenkins's comments. He shouldn't have said it in public. Simple.

Poll: Tory leader

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:49 - Nov 3 with 1911 viewsPhil_S

I also dont believe anyone celebrates ias if it's job finished if we get to 40 points. Its the first target for most teams in this division, the speed in which you get there tends to dictate your second target.
Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:53 - Nov 3 with 1893 viewsScoobyWho

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 23:51 - Nov 2 by NeathJack

Yep.

There's no getting away from the fact that although Laudrup has been excellent as manager, there is a real defeatist attitude when it comes to playing the big clubs.

That said of course we beat Arsenal away last year and of course beat Chelsea over two legs.

This is where we can agree Neathy, its beyond doubt that the board have already canvassed and inquired as to ML replacement. It would be wrong of them not to.

Forward thinking as ever, and to rely on ML to decide in May after the summers dealings would be very foolish.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:55 - Nov 3 with 1882 viewsmonmouth

Maybe this is actually aimed as an expectation indicator at Morten Wieghorst?

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:56 - Nov 3 with 1882 viewsWarwickHunt

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 00:56 - Nov 3 by skippyjack

Well now is the chance to prove it. The chairman wants it.. the fans want it.. do you want it? doesn't sound like.. happy with 40 points? aiming for that 40 point mark doesn't sound like a great team to me.

What the f*ck are you on about?
Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:58 - Nov 3 with 1873 viewsexiledclaseboy

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:49 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

I also dont believe anyone celebrates ias if it's job finished if we get to 40 points. Its the first target for most teams in this division, the speed in which you get there tends to dictate your second target.

It will always be the first target but we definitely went on an early holiday last season after getting to 40 points and winning the League Cup within a week of each other.

Poll: Tory leader

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 09:00 - Nov 3 with 1862 viewsUxbridge

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:12 - Nov 3 by monmouth

Its over after this season for these two Ux. I think that much is plain. Those are direct criticisms of ML ("people talking about leagues within leagues") and ML keeps saying 'I stayed because I said I would'. I'm cool with that as I never expected more than two seasons, but I'm uneasy about the public nature of this. Stretch targets are fine....kept private. Publicly announced unilateral targets that one party sees as a direct contradiction of his obvious understanding of reality are different things altogether. I hope none of this guff hangs over us this season. It's unnecessary, even though I agree with Huw.

I don't think Laudrup is that precious. I also don't think this is purely aimed at the manager. I think Huw's trying to shake all at the club from their comfort zone. The timing is extraordinary but it's potentially a really pivotal week.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 09:02 - Nov 3 with 1853 viewsPhil_S

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 08:58 - Nov 3 by exiledclaseboy

It will always be the first target but we definitely went on an early holiday last season after getting to 40 points and winning the League Cup within a week of each other.

Some say we are still on that holiday now if you listen to some of the crap you hear when you leave the ground
Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 09:10 - Nov 3 with 1828 viewslovejuicejack

I think that Huwberts comments are quite apt for some of our fanbase stuck in the 80`s happy with mediocre performances.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024