Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker 07:39 - Apr 4 with 1325 viewswestisbest

Sunderland should have been deducted at least one pont . (Rule 6.9) state "Any club found to have played an ineligible player in a match shall have any points gained from that match deducted from its record and have levied upon it a fine," They gained one point against Fulham . Can see a possible court case at the end of the season if a club is relegated by one point instead of Sunderland .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/sunderland/10743596/Sunderland-e
Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 08:15 - Apr 4 with 1275 viewsBrockley_Jack

Wasn't man utd and Liverpool involved in something similar with tevez and mascarano?
Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 08:29 - Apr 4 with 1244 viewswestisbest

I think Sheffield United were relegated in that instance and claimed 30 million compensation from West Ham back in 2008 . Of course that might be considerably more in today's money considering the premier leagues dramatic increase in income .
[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 8:31]
Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 08:30 - Apr 4 with 1233 viewsblaine_scfc

Sunderland are gone anyway I think. All of the momentum has gone at the wrong time, probably due to the cup runs etc.
Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 08:30 - Apr 4 with 1233 viewsswan65split

Were we deducted points for something similar with Ray Wallace? or was that just a fine?
Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 10:21 - Apr 4 with 1102 viewsjacksinceever

With our back office set up it's a wonder we aren't fielding a shed full of illegible players
Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 11:06 - Apr 4 with 1061 viewstomdickharry

Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 10:21 - Apr 4 by jacksinceever

With our back office set up it's a wonder we aren't fielding a shed full of illegible players

The name of Ki springs to mind as starters.
Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 11:32 - Apr 4 with 1022 viewsCatullus

Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 10:21 - Apr 4 by jacksinceever

We had Robin Sharpe in charge back then, we may not be great at the paperwork right now but back then we were a disaster zone.
He was Sharpe by name but in reality a dull as a room full of Cardiff fans!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 11:35 - Apr 4 with 1018 viewsjacksinceever

Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 11:32 - Apr 4 by Catullus

We had Robin Sharpe in charge back then, we may not be great at the paperwork right now but back then we were a disaster zone.
He was Sharpe by name but in reality a dull as a room full of Cardiff fans!

I was thinking back to about two or three seasons ago when we missed out on certain players because the registration didn't go through? Definitely since we've been at the Liberty
Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 11:37 - Apr 4 with 1015 viewsCatullus

Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 11:35 - Apr 4 by jacksinceever

I was thinking back to about two or three seasons ago when we missed out on certain players because the registration didn't go through? Definitely since we've been at the Liberty

Yeah, we did fairly recently miss out on someone because paperwork was late.
Can't think who though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 12:22 - Apr 4 with 965 viewsLord_Bony

Can you imagine a scenario whereby Ki scores the winning goal on the last day to keep them up and we go down.....hee hee

I would laugh at that one...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 12:32 - Apr 4 with 933 viewsairedale

Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 12:22 - Apr 4 by Lord_Bony

Can you imagine a scenario whereby Ki scores the winning goal on the last day to keep them up and we go down.....hee hee

Yes I agree, that would be a real hoot.

But if Sunderland survive, say on goal difference, then its really going to hit the fan.
Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 12:36 - Apr 4 with 928 viewsLe_Swans

Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 11:37 - Apr 4 by Catullus

Yeah, we did fairly recently miss out on someone because paperwork was late.
Can't think who though.

Situ? Failed International clearance didn't he or something? Couldn't play till the next transfer window.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 14:29]
Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 12:41 - Apr 4 with 913 viewstomdickharry

Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 12:22 - Apr 4 by Lord_Bony

The good news is Ki is ineligible to play,but there again........
Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 12:46 - Apr 4 with 902 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 12:36 - Apr 4 by Le_Swans

Situ? Failed International clearance didn't he or something? Couldn't play till the next transfer window.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 14:29]

Is he still around then?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 13:17 - Apr 4 with 866 viewsLe_Swans

Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 12:46 - Apr 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Is he still around then?

No idea
Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 13:50 - Apr 4 with 835 viewsairedale

Kin ell, I'd forgotten about him! Last time I saw him was us playing pre-season in Port Talbutt.
Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 14:24 - Apr 4 with 796 viewssomersetsimon

I can only assume that the FA were lenient because Sunderland realised their mistake and notified the FA before anyone else was aware of the problem.
Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 15:24 - Apr 4 with 750 viewstomdickharry

Sunderland escape points penalty for fielding ineligible striker on 12:46 - Apr 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Is he still around then?

Yes sub at the -21 game this week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024