Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ki 09:00 - Aug 24 with 1644 viewsswansealad69

I thought had a good game yeasterday and I for one is glad to see him back.
ki on 09:02 - Aug 24 with 1278 viewsParlay

Im glad we have him back also, like a new big signing. Hes not as strong when playing as the DM as he is a bit weak in the tackle and his passing goes awry under pressure but more advanced in the JDG role and he is definitely an asset.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

ki on 09:05 - Aug 24 with 1260 viewsJohnw102

Want to get his contract sorted before he starts to run it down.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

ki on 09:07 - Aug 24 with 1246 viewsorion3016

Did ok but pulled out of 1 notable tackle in 2nd half that led to their free kick on edge of area

Be over there now after

ki on 09:08 - Aug 24 with 1244 viewsRancid

I was thinking the same yesterday.I don't think he had a great game especially 2nd half but against United and 1st half yesterday and when we're on the front foot then he's very important to our style of play.I think we've missed him and him returning has made us look something like the Swans of old.
ki on 09:08 - Aug 24 with 1244 viewsmonmouth

Ki ran the game in the first half.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

ki on 09:17 - Aug 24 with 1197 viewsDr_Winston

Patently not a deep lying midfielder. Fighting with Shelvey for a place in the side when Leon (or whoever) is available for me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

ki on 09:19 - Aug 24 with 1188 viewsNeiltheTaylor

ki on 09:05 - Aug 24 by Johnw102

I think that ship has sailed.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

ki on 09:21 - Aug 24 with 1177 viewsMusical_Swan

Our problems in the second half yesterday were compounded by Ki's defensive discipline. The amount of space Burnley were finding just in front of the centre halves was there for all to see, and can't help feeling we would have been far more solid with Leon there.

This is not a knock on Ki, who I feel has started this season pretty well, just a square peg, round hole situation. Sooner we sign a recognised DM the better.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Login to get fewer ads

ki on 09:24 - Aug 24 with 1171 viewsParlay

ki on 09:17 - Aug 24 by Dr_Winston

Patently not a deep lying midfielder. Fighting with Shelvey for a place in the side when Leon (or whoever) is available for me.

Seconded

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

ki on 09:25 - Aug 24 with 1166 viewsRancid

I found myself rolling my eyes at Shelvey yesterday yet on MOTD's highlights he looked like he had a good game.It's a DM and Ki for me though.
ki on 09:27 - Aug 24 with 1149 viewsexiledclaseboy

ki on 09:25 - Aug 24 by Rancid

I found myself rolling my eyes at Shelvey yesterday yet on MOTD's highlights he looked like he had a good game.It's a DM and Ki for me though.

Shelvey had a bit of a shocker yesterday. I like him, but sometimes he needs to remember to keep it simple.

I'd much rather have Ki here than somewhere else. Good player.

Poll: Tory leader

ki on 09:29 - Aug 24 with 1146 viewsRancid

ki on 09:27 - Aug 24 by exiledclaseboy

Shelvey had a bit of a shocker yesterday. I like him, but sometimes he needs to remember to keep it simple.

I'd much rather have Ki here than somewhere else. Good player.

Exactly.Keep it simple and cut out the Hollywoods.Ki could do that just fine.
ki on 09:35 - Aug 24 with 1118 viewsmonmouth

They didn't show all his stupid fouls and passes to burnley. He was a liability yesterday imo. I'd back him to bounce back next week though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

ki on 09:40 - Aug 24 with 1097 viewsjohnlangy

Yes he did have a good game. And, on yesterdays performance, when Leon is fit Ki should still play with JJS being on the bench. Being dropped a few times may teach him some discipline. Like not giving away stupid free kicks like when that player was heading towards the corner flag yesterday. The guy was no threat, going nowhere then, all of a sudden they've got a chance to put even more pressure on the defence.
ki on 09:42 - Aug 24 with 1090 viewsDr_Winston

ki on 09:35 - Aug 24 by monmouth

They didn't show all his stupid fouls and passes to burnley. He was a liability yesterday imo. I'd back him to bounce back next week though.

This is Shelvey's problem.

Skill for skill he's got absolutely everything. Capable of moments of genuine class and creating goals from nothing. On the other hand if he has a bad game or the red mist descends then we're better off without him.

Think he may reap more benefit from working with Ian Mitchell than most.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

ki on 10:03 - Aug 24 with 1000 viewsswansealad69

Ki in the first half was the best player on the pitch.
Was invloved in everything good and kept the play flowing.
Second half he was out of the game, but saying that as was the whole team and for me shelvey had a shocker.
Did expect Burnley to come out fighting for 10-15 mins but expected us to weather it and start playing our game but we looked off the pace the whole second half witch was a worry and thought we were lucky to get the win
But it will show a win and its 3 points and so on we go, but surprised we didnt control the game and looked nervous at times .
ki on 10:08 - Aug 24 with 982 viewsTheFranchise

ki on 09:42 - Aug 24 by Dr_Winston

This is Shelvey's problem.

Skill for skill he's got absolutely everything. Capable of moments of genuine class and creating goals from nothing. On the other hand if he has a bad game or the red mist descends then we're better off without him.

Think he may reap more benefit from working with Ian Mitchell than most.

Because of his physical stature and the fact he's been around for years, it's easy to forget how young he is. We ask him to play a role of a more mature player or at least someone who has had more of a cultured upbringing.

On his day Shelvey is one of our best players and more often than not, he has a good game. He just needs a gentle reminder that we aren't looking for a Gerrard type, even Gerrard doesn't play like that any more.

Give me JJS next to Leon over Ki/Leon any day, Jonjo is more physical.
ki on 10:14 - Aug 24 with 958 viewsDr_Winston

ki on 10:08 - Aug 24 by TheFranchise

Because of his physical stature and the fact he's been around for years, it's easy to forget how young he is. We ask him to play a role of a more mature player or at least someone who has had more of a cultured upbringing.

On his day Shelvey is one of our best players and more often than not, he has a good game. He just needs a gentle reminder that we aren't looking for a Gerrard type, even Gerrard doesn't play like that any more.

Give me JJS next to Leon over Ki/Leon any day, Jonjo is more physical.

Yup.

ki on 10:20 - Aug 24 with 935 viewsPrivate_Partz

I think we need to remember that was a very decent first half performance and we need to give Burnley some credit for coming back into the game. Despite us not having the possession or creating as many chances we were comfortable in defence and restricted them to very few efforts. True we need the new players in ASAP but overall I thought we coped well in a very tough match that could easily have seen us slip up as we have done so often in the past.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

ki on 10:22 - Aug 24 with 923 viewsTheFranchise

ki on 10:14 - Aug 24 by Dr_Winston

Yup.

I think everyone agrees that Bodde was probably the best complete central midfielder we've had in modern times. JJS is the closest to him in every aspect we have.

I'm in favour of giving Ki a new contract, he'll get games and opens up the lucrative Asian market.
ki on 10:43 - Aug 24 with 868 viewsDr_Winston

ki on 10:22 - Aug 24 by TheFranchise

I think everyone agrees that Bodde was probably the best complete central midfielder we've had in modern times. JJS is the closest to him in every aspect we have.

I'm in favour of giving Ki a new contract, he'll get games and opens up the lucrative Asian market.

Totally agree with the Bodde comparison. Ferrie was also capable of moments of lunacy to go along with the genius too.

ki on 10:46 - Aug 24 with 860 viewsTheFranchise

ki on 10:43 - Aug 24 by Dr_Winston

Totally agree with the Bodde comparison. Ferrie was also capable of moments of lunacy to go along with the genius too.

Which was why we all loved him.

What is it about Swans fans that loves that sort of player?
ki on 10:50 - Aug 24 with 847 viewsTom1912

We'd be mad not to get Ki on a new contract especially given we made the decision not to move him on and go for De Guzman (although I'm not sure we had a choice now).

Ki and Shelvey didn't really work yesterday. Shelvey had an absolute stinker and his performance was summed up for me when their player took a touch towards the corner flag and Shelvey fouled him. Going away from goal, nowhere to go and not much support. I'd expect a school child to understand the thing to do there is stand your ground and keep the pressure on. Shelvey decides to barge him in the back and gift them a free kick from a dangerous position. Madness and very immature. On a side note, we concede way too many cheap, unnecessary free kicks. Routledge in particular is often guilty of this.

As for Ki, he had a decent game. Very neat and tidy with a couple of clever balls forward. Still needs to work on his defensive duties and could have done better with that chance second half, even if it did bounce awkwardly for him.
ki on 10:53 - Aug 24 with 837 viewsDr_Winston

ki on 10:46 - Aug 24 by TheFranchise

Which was why we all loved him.

What is it about Swans fans that loves that sort of player?

And why are they often cold towards players that aren't?

ki on 11:06 - Aug 24 with 802 viewsScoobyWho

ki on 09:05 - Aug 24 by Johnw102

I think that may well already be happening.
And I don't blame him after the way the club ( Laudrup ) treated him.

Options open. He owes us not a lot.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024