Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WHERE SWANSEA GET IT SO RIGHT, LIVERPOOL KEEP GOING WRONG 10:32 - Sep 11 with 2837 viewsDewi1jack

Fair play, a pretty good read.
More praise and analysis from a Liverpool fan.
Not gloating about one of our managerial predecessor's failings in the transfer market, but we do seem to do better in the market than most.
Good work by the scouts for finding the players and board for closing the deals.

http://tbrfootball.com/swansea-get-right-liverpool-keep-going-wrong/?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

WHERE SWANSEA GET IT SO RIGHT, LIVERPOOL KEEP GOING WRONG on 10:59 - Sep 11 with 2787 viewsDafyddHuw

Seems their "we'll get new players in but only b y committee" policy isn't working.

You've gotta laugh at the Gomis and Awey "free transfers" which makes a nonsense of the article's "look how little they;ve spent" theme - together those two cost about £15M to sign on the dotted line for us - not saying that wasn't excellent business, just that the article makes less sense.

On a slightly more worrying note, and I know it's only a rumour, but apparently if Brendan isn't doing the business for the next 5 games, then they're coming for Garry.
WHERE SWANSEA GET IT SO RIGHT, LIVERPOOL KEEP GOING WRONG on 19:21 - Sep 11 with 2570 viewsItchySphincter

WHERE SWANSEA GET IT SO RIGHT, LIVERPOOL KEEP GOING WRONG on 10:59 - Sep 11 by DafyddHuw

Seems their "we'll get new players in but only b y committee" policy isn't working.

You've gotta laugh at the Gomis and Awey "free transfers" which makes a nonsense of the article's "look how little they;ve spent" theme - together those two cost about £15M to sign on the dotted line for us - not saying that wasn't excellent business, just that the article makes less sense.

On a slightly more worrying note, and I know it's only a rumour, but apparently if Brendan isn't doing the business for the next 5 games, then they're coming for Garry.

The free transfer boIIocks is wearing thin. Everyone goes on about the massive signing on fees and wages they get but if they went to a big club they'd get astronomical wages anyway. They're as free as they can be and it is correctly viewed as shrewd business by us.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

WHERE SWANSEA GET IT SO RIGHT, LIVERPOOL KEEP GOING WRONG on 20:56 - Sep 11 with 2433 viewsLeonisGod

That article completely misses the point. It's not the players or recruitment strategy that's the issue, it's what's done with them that's important. Complaining Joey is a flop; we got the best out of him and he was great for us. Saying gylfi is success; yes, because of us - he was anonymous at Spurs. Had L'pool signed him he would have been anonymous there too. And it goes on. I bet we could take any of there supposed flops and do well out of them.

And they've skunked money, but I bet Brenda's not setting the values.

We get the best out of players. Because we are a team, from Directors, to back room staff, to The Team. All pulling in the same direction with a clear philosophy applied consistently over time.
WHERE SWANSEA GET IT SO RIGHT, LIVERPOOL KEEP GOING WRONG on 21:14 - Sep 11 with 2394 viewsSwansNZ

WHERE SWANSEA GET IT SO RIGHT, LIVERPOOL KEEP GOING WRONG on 20:56 - Sep 11 by LeonisGod

That article completely misses the point. It's not the players or recruitment strategy that's the issue, it's what's done with them that's important. Complaining Joey is a flop; we got the best out of him and he was great for us. Saying gylfi is success; yes, because of us - he was anonymous at Spurs. Had L'pool signed him he would have been anonymous there too. And it goes on. I bet we could take any of there supposed flops and do well out of them.

And they've skunked money, but I bet Brenda's not setting the values.

We get the best out of players. Because we are a team, from Directors, to back room staff, to The Team. All pulling in the same direction with a clear philosophy applied consistently over time.

Same goes for our managers. I bet Garry would not have the success he is having, if he went to Liverpool.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

WHERE SWANSEA GET IT SO RIGHT, LIVERPOOL KEEP GOING WRONG on 22:43 - Sep 11 with 2275 viewsItchySphincter

They'll probably finish above us though.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

WHERE SWANSEA GET IT SO RIGHT, LIVERPOOL KEEP GOING WRONG on 00:01 - Sep 12 with 2179 viewsIslander

bang on...... "philosophy; over time"

the fundamental difference between us and so many others - so refreshing

liverpool once had a similar philospohy
WHERE SWANSEA GET IT SO RIGHT, LIVERPOOL KEEP GOING WRONG on 02:02 - Sep 12 with 2123 viewsSwansNZ

WHERE SWANSEA GET IT SO RIGHT, LIVERPOOL KEEP GOING WRONG on 22:43 - Sep 11 by ItchySphincter

They'll probably finish above us though.

Monk out!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

WHERE SWANSEA GET IT SO RIGHT, LIVERPOOL KEEP GOING WRONG on 09:52 - Sep 12 with 1906 viewsDewi1jack

WHERE SWANSEA GET IT SO RIGHT, LIVERPOOL KEEP GOING WRONG on 00:01 - Sep 12 by Islander

bang on...... "philosophy; over time"

the fundamental difference between us and so many others - so refreshing

liverpool once had a similar philospohy

This.
Philosophy takes time to build.
Trouble is that teams like Liverpool/ Spurs and nowadays even Man Utd are trying to put "square pegs in round holes" by buying individuals for instant success, rather than taking a few years to build/ rebuild a team.
Too much at stake for the owners to risk people giving time.
Moyes inherited a team that was a/ past it; b/ on it's last legs c/ had squad players that weren't very good.
Given little backing in the transfer market and given no time.
Not that I'm saying he's any good anyway and could have built a team from scratch. But I did expect him to be given a couple of seasons. IMHO, cheesestrings isn't much better anyway.
Arsenal are a different case as Wenger is given the backing to go and get players and he seems that he doesn't want to spend someone money
Liverpool fans think they should be winning the PL/ CL every year, because they used to be successful. When they built teams!!

Posted the article because I still love reading the analysis of others, about our club and how far we have come when I think back at the car crash (more like a mega multiple pile up!!!) we used to be.
Always proud to follow the Swans (although very severely tested a lot of times) to go home and away in the past.
Just have a lot more pride and swagger nowadays.
Especially as so many people talk about us

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

WHERE SWANSEA GET IT SO RIGHT, LIVERPOOL KEEP GOING WRONG on 11:55 - Sep 12 with 1805 viewsWhiterockin

WHERE SWANSEA GET IT SO RIGHT, LIVERPOOL KEEP GOING WRONG on 09:52 - Sep 12 by Dewi1jack

This.
Philosophy takes time to build.
Trouble is that teams like Liverpool/ Spurs and nowadays even Man Utd are trying to put "square pegs in round holes" by buying individuals for instant success, rather than taking a few years to build/ rebuild a team.
Too much at stake for the owners to risk people giving time.
Moyes inherited a team that was a/ past it; b/ on it's last legs c/ had squad players that weren't very good.
Given little backing in the transfer market and given no time.
Not that I'm saying he's any good anyway and could have built a team from scratch. But I did expect him to be given a couple of seasons. IMHO, cheesestrings isn't much better anyway.
Arsenal are a different case as Wenger is given the backing to go and get players and he seems that he doesn't want to spend someone money
Liverpool fans think they should be winning the PL/ CL every year, because they used to be successful. When they built teams!!

Posted the article because I still love reading the analysis of others, about our club and how far we have come when I think back at the car crash (more like a mega multiple pile up!!!) we used to be.
Always proud to follow the Swans (although very severely tested a lot of times) to go home and away in the past.
Just have a lot more pride and swagger nowadays.
Especially as so many people talk about us

When we started to develop and build our "style" we were in league two. We have developed and improved each season, really without the fear of failure as we are outperforming our expectations. Established clubs do not have this luxury because, as you say, new managers need instant success. The only way a club could copy our footprint is start from a low base, I don't believe a Premier or Championship club could do this even if they wanted too. Some people say Bournemouth are similar to us, but Howe has been there for three and a half years and they have not improved manger to manager. Plus their owner has chucked £25M in so they are not really a comparison.

We are a very hard act to copy.
WHERE SWANSEA GET IT SO RIGHT, LIVERPOOL KEEP GOING WRONG on 14:12 - Sep 12 with 1719 viewsDewi1jack

WHERE SWANSEA GET IT SO RIGHT, LIVERPOOL KEEP GOING WRONG on 11:55 - Sep 12 by Whiterockin

When we started to develop and build our "style" we were in league two. We have developed and improved each season, really without the fear of failure as we are outperforming our expectations. Established clubs do not have this luxury because, as you say, new managers need instant success. The only way a club could copy our footprint is start from a low base, I don't believe a Premier or Championship club could do this even if they wanted too. Some people say Bournemouth are similar to us, but Howe has been there for three and a half years and they have not improved manger to manager. Plus their owner has chucked £25M in so they are not really a comparison.

We are a very hard act to copy.

That's got me wondering if Howe is going to be allowed the chance to bring Bournemouth back up, if things do go drastically wrong for them.
Personally I hope they don't go down, but always a risk, even for us
Or how many boards and fans would allow a slow build season on season, with the board financing the club and wanting success.
We know money on its own doesn't bring success, but it does help when used wisely

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024