Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football principles being eroded.. 22:09 - Oct 19 with 3324 viewsicecoldjack

.. think its fair to say thats our worst showing at home in the prem league, we seem to have gone from a team playing great passing football to a run of the mill up and at em' long ball low skill run of the mill premier league team.

The mad thing is that we are doing this with the best squad of players ever assembled at SCFC.

No win since August and some pretty iffy performances along the way, the talent is there but IMO something seems to be missing.

Siggy has been one of the best in europe for his national team but we are getting nothing from him at all, not for a lack of effort on his part i may add.

Thought it was a poor selection tonight, Monk needs to get a grip on things and start getting the team playing, we look lethargic and dis interested at times.

Dyer has gone on loan and played superbly . I think Monk is throwing in too many ingredients into the mix, we know what we are good at, it needs tweaking not re inventing !!

Barrow is a prospect and nothing more,why start him at home in a crucial home game against a team that will thrive on inexperience ? mad stuff !

In a nut shell, the management need to understand once again that the club is the sum of all its parts, i thought the manager was a bit arrogant to leave both Ki and Siggy on the bench tonight, though i perhaps understand his logic.

Lets get our football back before it's too late please!

Stop trying to reinvent the wheel and stick with our core principles.

Not an over reaction, just an observation. The style of football is eroding away, once it's gone it will take ages to get it back !
[Post edited 19 Oct 2015 22:18]
Football principles being eroded.. on 22:13 - Oct 19 with 2249 viewsLeonisGod

What's a "nit shell"?

Oh, I agree btw. Need to get back to basics. More compact, slicker passing game please.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2015 22:13]
Football principles being eroded.. on 22:16 - Oct 19 with 2218 viewsicecoldjack

Football principles being eroded.. on 22:13 - Oct 19 by LeonisGod

What's a "nit shell"?

Oh, I agree btw. Need to get back to basics. More compact, slicker passing game please.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2015 22:13]

I dunno..
Football principles being eroded.. on 22:18 - Oct 19 with 2192 viewsicecoldjack

Fixed it now .
Football principles being eroded.. on 22:26 - Oct 19 with 2111 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Hubris.

Benching Ki and Gylfi wilfully.

The Ayew/Gylfi dilemma should not have resulted in a decision to bench Gylfi, but to instil more positional discipline into Ayew out wide.

Plenty of time to bring things back into line though, no panic.

If Rangel hadn't cocked up a simple defensive header in the 3rd minute it would likely have been a totally different game.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2015 22:28]

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Football principles being eroded.. on 22:35 - Oct 19 with 2021 viewsicecoldjack

Football principles being eroded.. on 22:26 - Oct 19 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Hubris.

The Ayew/Gylfi dilemma should not have resulted in a decision to bench Gylfi, but to instil more positional discipline into Ayew out wide.

If Rangel hadn't cocked up a simple defensive header in the 3rd minute it would likely have been a totally different game.

I thought it was an arrogant move to bench Gylfi and Ki . Siggy has just been voted as one of the best in europe and he gets benched for his next club game. Maybe he was a bit tired perhaps ?

The difference Ki and siggy made when they came on was noticeable, it goes to show it was a howler of a selection error IMO.
Football principles being eroded.. on 22:37 - Oct 19 with 1987 viewsperchrockjack

Yet some thought the selection to start was fine.

It's simply another feckoff stupid giveaway goal then a tough team defend it.

Stoke are average at best..

Which is a concern

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Football principles being eroded.. on 22:40 - Oct 19 with 1961 viewsDarran

Football principles being eroded.. on 22:35 - Oct 19 by icecoldjack

I thought it was an arrogant move to bench Gylfi and Ki . Siggy has just been voted as one of the best in europe and he gets benched for his next club game. Maybe he was a bit tired perhaps ?

The difference Ki and siggy made when they came on was noticeable, it goes to show it was a howler of a selection error IMO.

And I did he seems to be trying to be some kind of tactical genius an hour before the game kicks off and it's complete bollox.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Football principles being eroded.. on 22:43 - Oct 19 with 1935 viewslovejuicejack

Perch you cannot start a game like we did in the prem on the form we are in at the moment, it's throwing the game away mun.
Login to get fewer ads

Football principles being eroded.. on 22:44 - Oct 19 with 1931 viewsDr_Winston

I can't work out who was supposed to be playing DM. You'd think it was Cork, but he spent most of the first half playing further up the pitch than Shelvey.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Football principles being eroded.. on 22:44 - Oct 19 with 1928 viewsEdmundo

Football principles being eroded.. on 22:37 - Oct 19 by perchrockjack

Yet some thought the selection to start was fine.

It's simply another feckoff stupid giveaway goal then a tough team defend it.

Stoke are average at best..

Which is a concern

Thought we made Stoke look good.....our passing diabolical, their passing tidy and found their man almost everytime.

Gomis looks like the most disinterested striker i've ever seen!

Shocking performance...can only get better 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Football principles being eroded.. on 22:45 - Oct 19 with 1903 views3swan

DM wasn't playing tonight.

Leon still the one for the job at the moment as he keeps thea ball moving
Football principles being eroded.. on 22:48 - Oct 19 with 1880 viewsicecoldjack

Football principles being eroded.. on 22:44 - Oct 19 by Dr_Winston

I can't work out who was supposed to be playing DM. You'd think it was Cork, but he spent most of the first half playing further up the pitch than Shelvey.

I noticed this also, they were rotating the roles but Cork tended to be more forward than jonjo overall.

Having those two being fluid doesn't help matters when ayew is playing his first game at 10(though it could be argued he plays there every week!) and Barrow is making his first start!

It confused me and probably confused the rest of team,it at least looked that way, nobody knew where the out ball was until the second half!
Football principles being eroded.. on 22:50 - Oct 19 with 1845 viewsDarran

Football principles being eroded.. on 22:45 - Oct 19 by 3swan

DM wasn't playing tonight.

Leon still the one for the job at the moment as he keeps thea ball moving

Oh don't upset Jobbie now Clive.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Football principles being eroded.. on 22:57 - Oct 19 with 1798 viewstomdickharry

Wasn't a certain Mr Laudrup shown the door for certain principles being eroded,will Jenkins do the same to Monk? I'll answer that question myself - Yes.
Football principles being eroded.. on 23:04 - Oct 19 with 1764 viewsMillJack

Hubris.

It was Cork's back header wasn't it? I maybe wrong.

Interesting to see the number of people lamenting Monk's decision to drop Gylfi when he has been roundly criticised on here lately for not having any impact on games. Also, the criticism of Rangel tonight when he was probably one of our better players, albeit that it's not saying much.

It was clear tonight that there was very little link between defence and midfield in the middle of the pitch. I lost count of the number of times that our centre halves had the ball and there was a gap of 40 yards in front of them. It meant Gomis having to drop halfway into the opposition half just to see the ball. No quick interchanges in midfield means no sucking in of the opposition and, in turn, no isolating of the opposition full backs which Montero needs to thrive. All very laboured, half-paced, crab-like passing which is all too easy for teams to defend.
Football principles being eroded.. on 23:06 - Oct 19 with 1746 viewsicecoldjack

I said a while back that after 10 games everyone kinda knows where they are in prem terms. It looks like this season will be hard work, Monk doesn't seem to know his best team and go to players like Dyer and Britton are out of favour or on loan.

Every game seems to throw up more questions, our form is quite poor and i honestly think Monk is trying to re invent the wheel when all he needs to do is keep the core values intact .

The positive thing is that Monk is smart enough to have learned a lot from tonight , the negative thing is that 20,000 people could have told him leaving Siggy and Ki on the bench and playing Barrow instead was a daft move against a street wise stoke team, who carry thr likes of shaquri ,arnautivik and Bojan, if it was me i'd be picking a team to keep and control the ball away from those 3 !
Football principles being eroded.. on 23:06 - Oct 19 with 1738 viewsDr_Winston

Football principles being eroded.. on 23:04 - Oct 19 by MillJack

Interesting to see the number of people lamenting Monk's decision to drop Gylfi when he has been roundly criticised on here lately for not having any impact on games. Also, the criticism of Rangel tonight when he was probably one of our better players, albeit that it's not saying much.

It was clear tonight that there was very little link between defence and midfield in the middle of the pitch. I lost count of the number of times that our centre halves had the ball and there was a gap of 40 yards in front of them. It meant Gomis having to drop halfway into the opposition half just to see the ball. No quick interchanges in midfield means no sucking in of the opposition and, in turn, no isolating of the opposition full backs which Montero needs to thrive. All very laboured, half-paced, crab-like passing which is all too easy for teams to defend.

Bang on assessment that.

In times gone by the central defenders would have carried the ball into that gap, but Fernandez is incapable of doing it and Ash naturally puts caution first.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Football principles being eroded.. on 23:16 - Oct 19 with 1665 viewsicecoldjack

Football principles being eroded.. on 23:04 - Oct 19 by MillJack

Well not guilty on the Siggy bashing. The guy has been working his socks off for us when playing but there isn't the same understanding with Gomis as there was with Bony, Siggy very often has been making intelligent runs but the pass is going between Gomis and Ayew a bit too often for my liking.

The manager needs to try and get the best from all 3 not drop one of the best midfielders in europe.

It's not siggy playing badly its everything around it IMO.

I agree with the rest 100% another reason to play Ki and siggy together from the start, keep the ball and move them around, siggy does alot of running off the ball to open up space in midfield, he is a very clever player in that respect, it cried out for it in this game tonight but for some reason they were both not selected, maybe its a tiredness issue perhaps ?
Football principles being eroded.. on 23:18 - Oct 19 with 1638 viewsgiantstoneater

Football principles being eroded.. on 22:57 - Oct 19 by tomdickharry

Wasn't a certain Mr Laudrup shown the door for certain principles being eroded,will Jenkins do the same to Monk? I'll answer that question myself - Yes.

We seem to be playing as narrow as ML used to like, Ayew was signed 2 seasons too late he suited the narrow game ML wanted us to play and I not sure if Monk knows how to get the best out of him and Siggy. Cork found himself in a lot of space in between the lines but blew most of his opportunities with poor passes. Didn't think that Stoke, although they worked a Damn sight harder than us, were much better than us but their front three caused our defence no end of problems whilst Purdy failed to ignite. We are seeing the worst side of Gomis a player who lacks any real effort and concentration and we should bring in someone who will fight for the shirt. As for Dyer a shocking decision to let him leave.
Football principles being eroded.. on 23:19 - Oct 19 with 1638 viewsChrisSCFC

Football principles being eroded.. on 23:06 - Oct 19 by Dr_Winston

Bang on assessment that.

In times gone by the central defenders would have carried the ball into that gap, but Fernandez is incapable of doing it and Ash naturally puts caution first.

Modou Barrow is not a prospect, he will never make it at the top level and he is 23 years old, it would be an understatement to say he lucked out by getting a Swansea contract.

I wouldn't want him on the pitch in any scenario whether it's 10 minutes to go defending a lead, going for the win or trying to come from behind, let alone starting.

Poor players lead to poor performances, I'm disappointed in so many facets of our play and certain players on the pitch after tonight but selecting a player like Barrow and expecting to get results in the Premier League is insanity.

P.s Gomis was f*cking shit.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2015 23:19]
Football principles being eroded.. on 23:19 - Oct 19 with 1627 viewsKilkennyjack

Football principles being eroded.. on 22:40 - Oct 19 by Darran

And I did he seems to be trying to be some kind of tactical genius an hour before the game kicks off and it's complete bollox.

I agree with Dazza.

Beware of the Risen People

Football principles being eroded.. on 23:20 - Oct 19 with 1616 viewsChrisSCFC

Football principles being eroded.. on 23:06 - Oct 19 by Dr_Winston

Bang on assessment that.

Time to give Jordi Amat a run.
Football principles being eroded.. on 23:21 - Oct 19 with 1606 viewsDr_Winston

Football principles being eroded.. on 23:20 - Oct 19 by ChrisSCFC

Time to give Jordi Amat a run.

I hope he's as good as other people seem to think he is.

Football principles being eroded.. on 23:21 - Oct 19 with 1604 viewsLeonisGod

Hubris.

That's hindsight speaking. Plenty of people have been saying Ayew should get a run out at number 10 and that Siggy has not been doing it lately. Both on here and at the ground. To say otherwise I'd just revisionism. I'm glad Garry did give it a try; it show's he's open to mixing things up to try and improve. The fact that we were crap all over the park isn't down to Barrow or Ayew.

I though Jack gave the ball away leading up to the pen, but could be wrong.
Football principles being eroded.. on 23:21 - Oct 19 with 1606 viewsicecoldjack

Football principles being eroded.. on 23:16 - Oct 19 by icecoldjack

Well not guilty on the Siggy bashing. The guy has been working his socks off for us when playing but there isn't the same understanding with Gomis as there was with Bony, Siggy very often has been making intelligent runs but the pass is going between Gomis and Ayew a bit too often for my liking.

The manager needs to try and get the best from all 3 not drop one of the best midfielders in europe.

It's not siggy playing badly its everything around it IMO.

I agree with the rest 100% another reason to play Ki and siggy together from the start, keep the ball and move them around, siggy does alot of running off the ball to open up space in midfield, he is a very clever player in that respect, it cried out for it in this game tonight but for some reason they were both not selected, maybe its a tiredness issue perhaps ?

I will also add that Ayew playing in the 10 position struggled tonight, seems we arnt now set up to exploit that part of the field these days .

Knock it to jeff, let him beat the same man 3 times then chip it into the box with zero pace on the ball seems to be where our chances come from these days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024