Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Traffic in Sunderland 17:18 - Mar 5 with 1291 viewsperchrockjack

Must be chronic today

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Traffic in Sunderland on 17:20 - Mar 5 with 1281 viewsPrivate_Partz

I know I shouldn't but still chuffed Manc City are doing a job on them. Shame their counterparts could not do the same on Bournemouth.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Traffic in Sunderland on 17:21 - Mar 5 with 1266 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Traffic in Sunderland on 18:05 - Mar 5 with 1160 viewsSwansNZ

8 points clear of them AND a better goal difference

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Traffic in Sunderland on 18:09 - Mar 5 with 1140 viewsPrivate_Partz

Traffic in Sunderland on 18:05 - Mar 5 by SwansNZ

8 points clear of them AND a better goal difference

If the bottom 3 carry on picking up points as they are, and even with our dodgy goal difference , then 32 points could mean safety. Mental.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Traffic in Sunderland on 18:10 - Mar 5 with 1119 viewsmonmouth

They were leaving at 2-0 with around half hour to go. Truly pathetic.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Traffic in Sunderland on 18:11 - Mar 5 with 1103 viewsSwansNZ

Traffic in Sunderland on 18:09 - Mar 5 by Private_Partz

If the bottom 3 carry on picking up points as they are, and even with our dodgy goal difference , then 32 points could mean safety. Mental.

That’s why next Saturday is a must not lose game — need to keep at least the 6 point gap over Hull.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Traffic in Sunderland on 18:15 - Mar 5 with 1079 viewsmonmouth

Traffic in Sunderland on 18:11 - Mar 5 by SwansNZ

That’s why next Saturday is a must not lose game — need to keep at least the 6 point gap over Hull.

I'm already nervous. We often play well up there and then they nick it. Not the happiest hunting ground is 'ull.

Traffic in Sunderland on 18:17 - Mar 5 with 1060 viewsspiderboy

Traffic in Sunderland on 18:15 - Mar 5 by monmouth

I'm already nervous. We often play well up there and then they nick it. Not the happiest hunting ground is 'ull.

I,l take a 3-0 away win now..if offered!
Login to get fewer ads

Traffic in Sunderland on 18:21 - Mar 5 with 1027 viewsblueytheblue

Traffic in Sunderland on 18:10 - Mar 5 by monmouth

They were leaving at 2-0 with around half hour to go. Truly pathetic.

It's not like Sunderland were playing that poorly either.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Traffic in Sunderland on 18:49 - Mar 5 with 942 viewstomdickharry

Think this is the season that Sunderland finally exit the PL
Traffic in Sunderland on 19:17 - Mar 5 with 868 viewsSgorioFruit

Sunderland and Boro are down this season if you ask me, its a toss up between Hull and Palace for that third spot.
Next weekend we could potentially climb above Leicester and Bournemouth. I can then see us overtaking Watford and Burnley soon enough.

that win yesterday was brilliant for us fair play,

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Traffic in Sunderland on 19:45 - Mar 5 with 780 viewsTheFranchise

Take Defoe out and they are a bang average championship club, even Cardiff would beat them.
Traffic in Sunderland on 21:10 - Mar 5 with 654 viewswestside

sunderland, boro and palace aren't playing next weekend because of fa cup so massive opportunity to pull away
Traffic in Sunderland on 21:27 - Mar 5 with 601 viewsjackrabbit

I know it was totally illogical to do so, but I ended up quietly rooting for Sunderland. Some of the close-ups of the crowd looking so forlorn and miserable tugged at my heartstrings. It could have been us. I'm just an old softie. I don't think their fortunes are entwined with ours anyway. We have to do it ourselves. Good luck to them.
Traffic in Sunderland on 21:37 - Mar 5 with 571 viewsmonmouth

Traffic in Sunderland on 21:27 - Mar 5 by jackrabbit

I know it was totally illogical to do so, but I ended up quietly rooting for Sunderland. Some of the close-ups of the crowd looking so forlorn and miserable tugged at my heartstrings. It could have been us. I'm just an old softie. I don't think their fortunes are entwined with ours anyway. We have to do it ourselves. Good luck to them.

All football fans are like us, but I know what you mean. It would cut pretty deep, because newcastle are up now bar the shouting. Imagine we went down and cardiff came up. For the mackems especially so, after all the piss taking last year when Newky were relegated and Sunderland sent them down.

Football eh. Steals your life away, and you can never really be happy except in isolated moments. It is, however, only football.

Traffic in Sunderland on 21:47 - Mar 5 with 543 viewsPrivate_Partz

Traffic in Sunderland on 21:27 - Mar 5 by jackrabbit

I see where you are coming from. It will be sad day for the decent supporters if they go down. It is in our hands now but we still have to keep performing and hope we don't get many injuries or incompetent idiots like Taylor reffing.
Having said that there is no doubt if the bottom three keep dropping points then our target for safety drops as well.
As I stated earlier, if they carry on as they are then, 32 points could be good enough for us. If that does turn out to be the case it will just show how the gap has opened up with the top teams.
I recall poor old Blackpool going down after only spending the last day of the season in the bottom three and having 39 points. i think this is where the 40 point safety target comes from.

Traffic in Sunderland on 22:08 - Mar 5 with 484 viewsmonmouth

Traffic in Sunderland on 21:47 - Mar 5 by Private_Partz

I see where you are coming from. It will be sad day for the decent supporters if they go down. It is in our hands now but we still have to keep performing and hope we don't get many injuries or incompetent idiots like Taylor reffing.
Having said that there is no doubt if the bottom three keep dropping points then our target for safety drops as well.
As I stated earlier, if they carry on as they are then, 32 points could be good enough for us. If that does turn out to be the case it will just show how the gap has opened up with the top teams.
I recall poor old Blackpool going down after only spending the last day of the season in the bottom three and having 39 points. i think this is where the 40 point safety target comes from.

I was surprised today to find that Sunderland have actually taken 17 points from the last 16 games, after taking 2 from the first 10. So there is still some life in them. But even on that trajetory 32-34 is topped out for them. Boro are in reverse at a rate of knots and I doubt they'll get to 32.

Hull are the curates egg, but surely they will realise that they are totally shite and do the decent thing and subside gracefully. But I reckon their max will be 35 anyway. So 3 more wins and we are done and dusted, especially if two of them are in the next three or even one win and two draws.

Traffic in Sunderland on 22:19 - Mar 5 with 453 viewsPrivate_Partz

Traffic in Sunderland on 22:08 - Mar 5 by monmouth

I was surprised today to find that Sunderland have actually taken 17 points from the last 16 games, after taking 2 from the first 10. So there is still some life in them. But even on that trajetory 32-34 is topped out for them. Boro are in reverse at a rate of knots and I doubt they'll get to 32.

Hull are the curates egg, but surely they will realise that they are totally shite and do the decent thing and subside gracefully. But I reckon their max will be 35 anyway. So 3 more wins and we are done and dusted, especially if two of them are in the next three or even one win and two draws.

That is a far more analytical approach then mine. I just divide the points gained by matches played and multiply it by 38. I suspect we won't be far out ;-)
The encouraging thing for me is we are now fourth in the form table for the last 6 matches whereas almost all the others are still languishing down the bottom.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024