Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrubbing out "goals" 10:16 - Jan 3 with 1024 viewswhoflungdung

I've recently gotten into NHL and yesterday saw a a game where a team "score" ...coach of opponents objects,ther s a review and it's scrubbed out.

No protest as its on TV ..ffs
Game goes on

Sometimes the Yanks and Canadians have it right

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Scrubbing out on 10:25 - Jan 3 with 990 viewsE20Jack

Happens in most sports. It only seems to be football that doesnt actually care whether the right decisions get made, it is suffering for it too. Lots being put off the game. Many say "but they are talking points down the pub" - the only talking points are how much of a farce it all is.

NFL review contentious touchdowns and must overrule correctly at least 1 per match. Think how different those match outcomes would be if just left as was.

NHL review contentious goals. Less frequent this but still, the correct decision gets made.

Rugby, NBA, NFL all review live potential red card/sin bin offences to make sure they reach the right decision. And of course review contentious tries.

A lot of these sports have challenge systems, a bit like cricket, and all adds to the drama. The crowd love it when a batsman uses his challenge as he feels the wrong decision gets made, same with tennis - the crowd get into it.

All of these sports (timeouts aside) are very free flowing and entertaining, if you are into these sports of course. And at the end of the game there are barely any complaints, the team that deserves to win - win.

You get a lot of upsets in sports where the officiating is fair. Funny that.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 10:29]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Scrubbing out "goals" on 10:37 - Jan 3 with 959 viewswhoflungdung

Thanks for that reply me ol China .

It's deeply sinister as to why football has not introduced this

It might be a game but it's huge business and people so livelihoods depend on decisions and Madely ,Attwell and the filth that is Mike look at me Dean should play no part in these crucial decisions

Scrubbing out "goals" on 11:00 - Jan 3 with 912 viewsjack247

As someone said the other day, the reason it’s only being tentatively trialled now is that the massive clubs who tend to benefit from the contentious decisions don’t want it. They are the ones that sell the PL, the CL, La Liga etc to billions of people.

I think it will happen, but it should have done years ago.
Scrubbing out "goals" on 11:05 - Jan 3 with 901 viewsE20Jack

Scrubbing out "goals" on 11:00 - Jan 3 by jack247

As someone said the other day, the reason it’s only being tentatively trialled now is that the massive clubs who tend to benefit from the contentious decisions don’t want it. They are the ones that sell the PL, the CL, La Liga etc to billions of people.

I think it will happen, but it should have done years ago.

I think it is a reason why English clubs struggle in Europe too. They are so used to matches being handed to them just by turning up, when the officiating is fair and they have to take the game by the scruff on the neck they struggle.

Having said that Barca have ridiculous ref bias and they do ok. But they are Barca I guess.

Scrubbing out "goals" on 12:14 - Jan 3 with 839 viewsWandererJack

Scrubbing out "goals" on 11:05 - Jan 3 by E20Jack

I think it is a reason why English clubs struggle in Europe too. They are so used to matches being handed to them just by turning up, when the officiating is fair and they have to take the game by the scruff on the neck they struggle.

Having said that Barca have ridiculous ref bias and they do ok. But they are Barca I guess.

Of course it should be introduced but it still doesn't solve the problem of referees giving fouls all over the pitch whenever Deli Alli asks for one.

Still impacts the game massively.
Scrubbing out "goals" on 12:21 - Jan 3 with 817 viewsLeonWasGod

Scrubbing out "goals" on 10:37 - Jan 3 by whoflungdung

Thanks for that reply me ol China .

It's deeply sinister as to why football has not introduced this

It might be a game but it's huge business and people so livelihoods depend on decisions and Madely ,Attwell and the filth that is Mike look at me Dean should play no part in these crucial decisions

I'm pretty sure Blatter, when he was at the top before he was outed for being corrupt, went on record and said that contentious decisions were good for the game. Given the amount of cash the big clubs generate through TV, sponsorship and other commercial activities it does make you wonder who he was talking about when he said "the game".

Although that idiot last night was poor for both sides.
Scrubbing out "goals" on 12:49 - Jan 3 with 770 viewswhoflungdung

Fair comment leonwasgod

Thanks

Scrubbing out "goals" on 14:50 - Jan 3 with 681 viewsE20Jack

Scrubbing out "goals" on 12:14 - Jan 3 by WandererJack

Of course it should be introduced but it still doesn't solve the problem of referees giving fouls all over the pitch whenever Deli Alli asks for one.

Still impacts the game massively.

It is about lessening the problem though isnt it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024