Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the latest on Batigol ? 13:18 - Jun 6 with 1849 viewsladyjack

Seen Batigol linked with the Swans the other week, he is an absolute legend, is there any merit to the rumour ?, he has not managed before but all the same are the Swans big enough for him if he was looking to get into management ?
What's the latest on Batigol ? on 14:53 - Jun 6 with 1636 viewsLeonWasGod

I'd say we're too big considering he retired about 15 years ago and isn't involved in coaching. We'd be bonkers to go anywhere near him, even though he was a star of his time.
What's the latest on Batigol ? on 15:22 - Jun 6 with 1562 viewsladyjack

What's the latest on Batigol ? on 14:53 - Jun 6 by LeonWasGod

I'd say we're too big considering he retired about 15 years ago and isn't involved in coaching. We'd be bonkers to go anywhere near him, even though he was a star of his time.

I don't know how the Swans were linked with him, apparently he has done his coaching badges and he does football tv work, he was a super intelligent player and although the two don't always crossover the chance would be too great to turn down, its not often a team has a chance to hire a football legend.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/01/gabriel-batistuta-50-celebratin
Hell of a goal against Man U [superb], what a great team goal against the Arsenal as well in those clips, if memory serves me right he scored home and away against Man U, didn't he score against the English when they knocked them out of the World Cup and Beckham got sent off, there again he scored the winner against us in the Kirin Cup.
Man U wanted to sign him but could not afford his wages and that was around the time Man U had won the treble, I think Batigol has got a statue alongside Maradonna and Messi in Buenos Aires and a statue in Florence as well.

Lampard and Gerrard were top players and have gone straight into management with Derby and Glasgow Rangers, Batigol was a higher level player than those two, I think Swansea is too small for such a player but Swansea got Laudrup so you never know.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 15:24]
What's the latest on Batigol ? on 15:34 - Jun 6 with 1524 viewsandypitt56

What's the latest on Batigol ? on 15:22 - Jun 6 by ladyjack

I don't know how the Swans were linked with him, apparently he has done his coaching badges and he does football tv work, he was a super intelligent player and although the two don't always crossover the chance would be too great to turn down, its not often a team has a chance to hire a football legend.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/01/gabriel-batistuta-50-celebratin
Hell of a goal against Man U [superb], what a great team goal against the Arsenal as well in those clips, if memory serves me right he scored home and away against Man U, didn't he score against the English when they knocked them out of the World Cup and Beckham got sent off, there again he scored the winner against us in the Kirin Cup.
Man U wanted to sign him but could not afford his wages and that was around the time Man U had won the treble, I think Batigol has got a statue alongside Maradonna and Messi in Buenos Aires and a statue in Florence as well.

Lampard and Gerrard were top players and have gone straight into management with Derby and Glasgow Rangers, Batigol was a higher level player than those two, I think Swansea is too small for such a player but Swansea got Laudrup so you never know.

I don't think he was ever in the running. He may have applied but swansea have stated they have certain criteria that the manager needs to stick with. Ie playing style and financial structure. I dont think there is any evidence of whether he could manage both of those things.
What's the latest on Batigol ? on 15:38 - Jun 6 with 1499 viewsladyjack

What's the latest on Batigol ? on 15:34 - Jun 6 by andypitt56

I don't think he was ever in the running. He may have applied but swansea have stated they have certain criteria that the manager needs to stick with. Ie playing style and financial structure. I dont think there is any evidence of whether he could manage both of those things.

Yes the article I linked too says ''He was a world away from the up-and-at-em world of the early Premier League.''
He might well be too classy and refined for British football.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 15:40]
What's the latest on Batigol ? on 16:59 - Jun 6 with 1305 viewsLeonWasGod

What's the latest on Batigol ? on 15:22 - Jun 6 by ladyjack

A little remembered fact is nearly got to the PL with Ipswich, of all teams. It was reported that they got as far as having a pre-contract agreement with Fiorentina. Seems unreal now considering where they are. https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-ipswich-chase-argentines-1446441.ht
What's the latest on Batigol ? on 17:14 - Jun 6 with 1263 viewsladyjack

It would be a dream for the Swans to have Batigol, I would go for it all day long.
What's the latest on Batigol ? on 17:18 - Jun 6 with 1256 viewsjacktar_

What's the latest on Batigol ? on 15:38 - Jun 6 by ladyjack

Yes the article I linked too says ''He was a world away from the up-and-at-em world of the early Premier League.''
He might well be too classy and refined for British football.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 15:40]

We are unique as a club with a philosophy of play though, sounds just up our street.
What's the latest on Batigol ? on 17:49 - Jun 6 with 1185 viewsladyjack

Two successful managers, will the third one try his hand at being a manager at Swansea ?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 17:49]
Login to get fewer ads

What's the latest on Batigol ? on 17:50 - Jun 6 with 1178 viewsladyjack

Batigol silencing the Nou Camp.
What's the latest on Batigol ? on 17:53 - Jun 6 with 1156 viewsladyjack

They all wanted him, will Swansea get him ?
What's the latest on Batigol ? on 18:29 - Jun 6 with 1059 viewsladyjack

I just had to see it again and I found it, Batigol went after the ref big time no doubt asking him what he was going to do about Beckham's crime against the laws of football, then the nodding, I liked the nodding of approval.
What's the latest on Batigol ? on 18:33 - Jun 6 with 1046 viewsladyjack

Here's Batigol's goal, crazy by the English, ive never seen Simeone so far up the pitch, he was going nowhere anyway, he wont have scored anyway and then they give a penalty away which Batistuta dispatches.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 18:34]
What's the latest on Batigol ? on 18:36 - Jun 6 with 1037 viewsladyjack

Some more goals from the man.
What's the latest on Batigol ? on 18:42 - Jun 6 with 1006 viewsladyjack

Batigols trademark machine gun fire celebration.
What's the latest on Batigol ? on 18:43 - Jun 6 with 1003 viewsladyjack

The last word on Batistuta.
What's the latest on Batigol ? on 18:44 - Jun 6 with 994 viewsladyjack

And the last word to the Swans, you failed to get Bielsa now go and get Batigol.
What's the latest on Batigol ? on 08:26 - Jun 7 with 721 viewsmajorraglan

What's the latest on Batigol ? on 18:44 - Jun 6 by ladyjack

And the last word to the Swans, you failed to get Bielsa now go and get Batigol.

Great player, but why would the club want to employee a manager with virtually no experience? Itโ€™s not as though heโ€™s got a team of Galacticos to deal with, heโ€™ll be working with youngsters who need a lot of work and support. Club would be barmy to appoint him IMHO.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 19:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024