Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paying for social care 11:22 - Jul 27 with 426 viewsCatullus

I see the UK government is considering making some form of insurance compulsory OR just adding a new tax on income for the over 40's.

Now I have nothing against a small increae in tax but I do object to only the 40 plus having to pay it. We will all grow old, assuming we live that long of course.

Isn't a fairer way to have a graded tax regime where the over 18's pay a fixed rate but the rate rises as time passes. Could we start at 0.5% which rises to 3% by 55 with businesses paying a fixed rate per employee, a smaller rate for small businesses but the global corps paying the highest rate.
Then should social care maybe be nationalised so that all care homes charge the same for the same standard of care with the fee graded according to personal needs?

The way my health is going I might need a home one day

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Paying for social care on 11:38 - Jul 27 with 417 viewsonehunglow

I'll just say this.
Both my parents ended up in homes having been very independent.

I went back to Swansea to source Homes and the process made me sick to my stomach.

Mum died there and Dad went back to live with my sister so appalling was the "care".

Mentally,it's a killer.

My parents sold their home for care. At the home were those who didnt have to.

Many countries abroad are proud to look after their old whereas here,they are treated worse than dogshite or a hindrance.Families bitch over who looks after them ,cleans the house,does the shopping etc

Look at the posts regarding old people many of whom works 50 yrs plus and then have to flog everything they've worked for for basic care.

It shames out country

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Paying for social care on 11:46 - Jul 27 with 408 viewsCatullus

Paying for social care on 11:38 - Jul 27 by onehunglow

I'll just say this.
Both my parents ended up in homes having been very independent.

I went back to Swansea to source Homes and the process made me sick to my stomach.

Mum died there and Dad went back to live with my sister so appalling was the "care".

Mentally,it's a killer.

My parents sold their home for care. At the home were those who didnt have to.

Many countries abroad are proud to look after their old whereas here,they are treated worse than dogshite or a hindrance.Families bitch over who looks after them ,cleans the house,does the shopping etc

Look at the posts regarding old people many of whom works 50 yrs plus and then have to flog everything they've worked for for basic care.

It shames out country

I agree, far too many elderly people are abandoned when they don't need to be in a home. They just need a supportive family. People, generally speaking have become far too selfish but I don't see it changing.

If I should end up in a home, I won't be there very long unless it's a very good home and I'm happy.

But anyway, what do you think of the governments idea to make over 40's pay tax or insurance to help with the costs of social care?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Paying for social care on 11:57 - Jul 27 with 406 viewsonehunglow

Im not sure mate.

Clearly more will have to be done but surely but why 40?

It's something I need to reflect on .

Thanks for that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024