Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some awful players in this division 21:06 - Mar 2 with 1109 viewsbuilthjack

Just watching the Boro v Forest game. As in other games in this league, there are a lot of really poor players. How any professional can just whack it somewhere without looking is beyond me.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Some awful players in this division on 21:09 - Mar 2 with 1094 viewsOldjack

we do that a lot when defending a lead

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Some awful players in this division on 21:20 - Mar 2 with 1065 viewssainthelens

This league is off the scale.
Tho this result (as it is) will suit us.
Straw clutching my end.
Some awful players in this division on 21:22 - Mar 2 with 1055 viewsSwanjaxs

Kids don't practice playing football anymore mate, they sit in front of their PlayStation playing against Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi nowadays.

I'm not even joking.

Apparently the Swansea Sunday league is being disbanded

It had five divisions 20 years ago

Think about it...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Some awful players in this division on 21:34 - Mar 2 with 1016 viewsbuilthjack

Some awful players in this division on 21:22 - Mar 2 by Swanjaxs

Kids don't practice playing football anymore mate, they sit in front of their PlayStation playing against Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi nowadays.

I'm not even joking.

Think about it...

The junior leagues around here seems to be doing ok.
Kids of 7/8/9 being shown how to play from the back, pass,pass pass.
No booting it from the keeper. It's good to watch.
Hopefully they will learn young.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Some awful players in this division on 21:34 - Mar 2 with 1015 viewsJacket

Some awful players in this division on 21:22 - Mar 2 by Swanjaxs

I'm not even joking.

Think about it...

And yet kids start playing at under 5 now, it would mainly be under 11s 20 years ago. Is starting them too early turning many kids away later on. I dunno. Places like PlayFootball were being blamed as people would rather turn up on a weeknight without as much of a commitment to play on 3G than some bobbly ground in the Sunday League, but even those seem to be getting less popular.
Some awful players in this division on 21:39 - Mar 2 with 999 viewsSwanjaxs

Some awful players in this division on 21:34 - Mar 2 by builthjack

The junior leagues around here seems to be doing ok.
Kids of 7/8/9 being shown how to play from the back, pass,pass pass.
No booting it from the keeper. It's good to watch.
Hopefully they will learn young.

I don't think the problem is in the younger age groups though.

Its when they reach the teens that "technology" takes over...

Perhaps im being too pessimistic.

Hope so mate

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Some awful players in this division on 21:42 - Mar 2 with 992 viewsdameedna

Some awful players in this division on 21:34 - Mar 2 by Jacket

And yet kids start playing at under 5 now, it would mainly be under 11s 20 years ago. Is starting them too early turning many kids away later on. I dunno. Places like PlayFootball were being blamed as people would rather turn up on a weeknight without as much of a commitment to play on 3G than some bobbly ground in the Sunday League, but even those seem to be getting less popular.

Five is too early.

Ten is fine they will hopefully have had a go in the yard or in the park and be interested in joining a club.

But players like Gallagher are signed at 8 by Chelsea.

So the mark is set, start asap, sign pro at 8 and and first team by 18.

There are always going to be different types of players and the Champinship is a physical league with room for upfield punters and route one managers.
Some awful players in this division on 22:21 - Mar 2 with 919 viewsswancity

Awful players?

Like who?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Some awful players in this division on 10:40 - Mar 3 with 665 viewsCatullus

Some awful players in this division on 21:42 - Mar 2 by dameedna

Five is too early.

Ten is fine they will hopefully have had a go in the yard or in the park and be interested in joining a club.

But players like Gallagher are signed at 8 by Chelsea.

So the mark is set, start asap, sign pro at 8 and and first team by 18.

There are always going to be different types of players and the Champinship is a physical league with room for upfield punters and route one managers.

I agree, the person who coaches my sons U11 team also runs a Welsh keague team. He had a 21 year old tell him he had to quit because his knees were shot. Np pre existing conditions, no reason beyond excessive wear and tear...at 21?

The Sunday league was popukar when I was a teen...33 years ago...but as time wore on it became almost a veterans league, many young people couldn't drag their behinds out bed on a Sunday morning. In our team the people (mostly) who were there every week were 30 plus. I think there was a change when the licensing laws changed and kids started going out later and staying out til 4/5am.

There is too much pressure on kids and some of these who get signed by big clubs suffer badly when they are released. Their hopes and dreams dashed many suffer depression, it's not good.

On the OP, there are several donkeys, a few truly bad players and some who are talented but seem to lack the drive, they coast through games.
There aren't many players who stand out this season, Dack at Blackburn looks a handful when I've seen him, there's Rooney of course, but none who are head and shoulders above. Has the EPL snaffled them all?
Then obviously, if we go badk 30 years some very good players would drop down a division or two and coach a smaller club, looking to earn their managerial spurs. That just doen't happen anymore, these days they all seem to want to be pundits, or be on TV in a different field, like Dion Dublin.
The EFL is better to me because it's fairer, more competitive across the majority of teams but the standard is definitely lower than it has been.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Some awful players in this division on 16:49 - Mar 3 with 510 viewsJacket

The worst thing they ever invented was this red button malarky. Instead of watching the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe in High Definition in the Champions League, I spend my Champions League Tuesdays and Wednesdays watching us and usually Scumdiff in a one camera, two bob shitshow. My choice I know, but it brings into sharp focus the dross we're now seeing. I see very little difference between many of the players we're seeing now compared with the guys we used to see in division 4 back in the day. The only difference is that those guys were on a Teacher's wages if that and these guys are making hundreds of thousands.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024