Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking after someone elderly. 01:56 - Mar 18 with 746 viewsJack123

How are we fixed? I can see from most of the comments on here, that it's a stay away policy! But I'm looking after a relative, who in the next few days will have to self isolate, i have checked the nhs website, and it doesn't make sense to me, it's like if you can't do it, get a neighbour of him/her to do it..Or another relative.?

libera nos a malo

Looking after someone elderly. on 07:04 - Mar 18 with 683 viewsPacemaker

My mum is on her own and very vulnerable she is 80 next week, she has always been very fit and independent but now has heart failure as a result of a leaking valve and is currently being tested for other matters including cancer. Her kidneys are struggling to deal with any kind of infection so she has already been seriously ill a few times in the last year.

I live 25 miles away, I have to take her to hospital tomorrow for a procedure but I am trying to keep daily contact by telephone and internet, however she is already becoming isolated, she normally attends an OAP group every week that has been cancelled which has resulted in probably 20 other women being isolated as most are widows.

I bought my mother an iPad which she enjoys using and my children and all her grandchildren can FaceTime her and keep her up to date with their news.

Her neighbours are very good but are trying to ensure they don’t pass anything onto her so are standing at the door to speak to her when checking on her.

Mother’s Day Sunday and it will be our first one since my fathers death so I am bringing her over to our house for lunch but it is a real worry. I am currently feeling pretty healthy but I would stop visiting if I felt I had even a cold at the moment.

It is tough enough normally for the elderly and vulnerable but the next few months appear bleak.

Look after yourselves and your loved ones the best you can.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Looking after someone elderly. on 09:04 - Mar 18 with 642 viewsstevethejack

Maybe we could get food parcels delivered to Darran.
Looking after someone elderly. on 09:17 - Mar 18 with 625 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Looking after someone elderly. on 07:04 - Mar 18 by Pacemaker

My mum is on her own and very vulnerable she is 80 next week, she has always been very fit and independent but now has heart failure as a result of a leaking valve and is currently being tested for other matters including cancer. Her kidneys are struggling to deal with any kind of infection so she has already been seriously ill a few times in the last year.

I live 25 miles away, I have to take her to hospital tomorrow for a procedure but I am trying to keep daily contact by telephone and internet, however she is already becoming isolated, she normally attends an OAP group every week that has been cancelled which has resulted in probably 20 other women being isolated as most are widows.

I bought my mother an iPad which she enjoys using and my children and all her grandchildren can FaceTime her and keep her up to date with their news.

Her neighbours are very good but are trying to ensure they don’t pass anything onto her so are standing at the door to speak to her when checking on her.

Mother’s Day Sunday and it will be our first one since my fathers death so I am bringing her over to our house for lunch but it is a real worry. I am currently feeling pretty healthy but I would stop visiting if I felt I had even a cold at the moment.

It is tough enough normally for the elderly and vulnerable but the next few months appear bleak.

Look after yourselves and your loved ones the best you can.

Our local town council is getting really active on a support and befriending network for those isolated, worth checking to see what is happening around your mum if you have not already?

All the very best.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Looking after someone elderly. on 09:43 - Mar 18 with 608 viewsdickythorpe

Looking after someone elderly. on 09:04 - Mar 18 by stevethejack

Maybe we could get food parcels delivered to Darran.

How is Darran and Keith Richards going to survive when the human race gets wiped out?
Looking after someone elderly. on 10:51 - Mar 18 with 573 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Looking after someone elderly. on 09:43 - Mar 18 by dickythorpe

How is Darran and Keith Richards going to survive when the human race gets wiped out?

They will have a big argument about Cheap Trick that's for sure.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024