Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DVLA Help 17:35 - Jun 10 with 7045 viewsBLAZE

I went about changing the address on my drivers license today. I completed the online form and got to the very last page where it told me I need to fill in a paper form and that I could either print it off there and then, or request the DVLA to send a copy out to me... But my browser completely froze and in the end I had to close the window down before I could print the form or request they send it to me

Now when I check the progress of the application it says 'In Progress: Awaiting Application Return Form'... But they'll be waiting a long time because I don't have the form and can't find it online. I can't call, email or webchat with them about it because understandably they're only dealing with key workers at the moment

Wondering if anyone who works there knows how I could go about getting this form I need!?
DVLA Help on 17:44 - Jun 10 with 7027 viewssainthelens

Nearest post office.
DVLA Help on 18:15 - Jun 10 with 6990 viewsJoshTheJack

D1 Form, I had to change my photo recently.Pretty sure there was an option to change your address on it.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 18:16]
DVLA Help on 18:26 - Jun 10 with 6978 viewsfelixstowe_jack

You should also hold a form called

Counterpart driving licence.

This is the paper part of your driving licence as well as your photo card. D740.

This has a section to change your permanent address.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

DVLA Help on 18:58 - Jun 10 with 6953 viewsBLAZE

Thing is lads I've already submitted the application form online and it has been accepted, so filling in a new D1 is just gonna be giving them information they already have which is why I assumed the "Application Return Form" that they mention was something different to a D1 / D741 (I have a feeling it may be a form that you attach proof of ID to)

Thanks for your suggestions
DVLA Help on 19:34 - Jun 10 with 6910 views3swan

DVLA Help on 18:58 - Jun 10 by BLAZE

Thing is lads I've already submitted the application form online and it has been accepted, so filling in a new D1 is just gonna be giving them information they already have which is why I assumed the "Application Return Form" that they mention was something different to a D1 / D741 (I have a feeling it may be a form that you attach proof of ID to)

Try a pm to ECB he might be able to help, but not see this thread
DVLA Help on 20:42 - Jun 10 with 6860 viewsexiledclaseboy

DVLA Help on 18:26 - Jun 10 by felixstowe_jack

You should also hold a form called

Counterpart driving licence.

This is the paper part of your driving licence as well as your photo card. D740.

This has a section to change your permanent address.

Counterparts were abolished five years ago.

Poll: Tory leader

DVLA Help on 20:47 - Jun 10 with 6854 viewsexiledclaseboy

DVLA Help on 18:58 - Jun 10 by BLAZE

I don’t know why your online app failed but you now either need the D1 (post office) or D471 which is the letter you had with your licence.

DVLA Help on 21:13 - Jun 10 with 6825 viewsBLAZE

Ok thanks. Out of curiosity - why do they let you spend half hour filling in an online form only to reveal on the very last page that you need to fill in a paper one too?
Login to get fewer ads

DVLA Help on 21:15 - Jun 10 with 6817 viewsexiledclaseboy

DVLA Help on 21:13 - Jun 10 by BLAZE

Ok thanks. Out of curiosity - why do they let you spend half hour filling in an online form only to reveal on the very last page that you need to fill in a paper one too?

Shit and giggles. I don’t know, sorry. Most online change of address applications go through fine. Can’t think why yours wouldn’t. May have been just a glitch.

DVLA Help on 23:00 - Jun 10 with 6753 viewsWarwickHunt

DVLA Help on 20:42 - Jun 10 by exiledclaseboy

Unlike a rabid right-winger to be living in the past...
DVLA Help on 00:12 - Jun 11 with 6725 viewsairedale

People are dying to get into IT, they think its a great career move. Working in IT is soul destroying.

They’re just having a bit of fun.

Now you know where the term ‘disgruntled employee’ comes from.
DVLA Help on 08:16 - Jun 11 with 6653 viewsfelixstowe_jack

DVLA Help on 20:42 - Jun 10 by exiledclaseboy

Strange I still have a copy of mine.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

DVLA Help on 08:18 - Jun 11 with 6649 viewsexiledclaseboy

DVLA Help on 08:16 - Jun 11 by felixstowe_jack

Strange I still have a copy of mine.

It's not particularly strange when you think about it. No counterparts have been issued for five years and the one you still have, you can't do anything with.

DVLA Help on 12:09 - Jun 11 with 6586 viewsjacktar

Don't worry, they'll probably send you a tax disc through the post.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

DVLA Help on 13:46 - Jun 11 with 6540 viewsNotLoyal

DVLA Help on 08:18 - Jun 11 by exiledclaseboy

It's not particularly strange when you think about it. No counterparts have been issued for five years and the one you still have, you can't do anything with.

He coukd eat it or better still frame it?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

DVLA Help on 15:26 - Jun 12 with 6464 viewsBLAZE

Sorry for dragging this back up, I'm obviously thick as fück but even with the INF1D leaflet I'm still struggling to work out what they need from me

I've filled in Section 2 giving my new and previous address, and I've signed the declaration on Section 7. But I can't work out if I need to complete Section 5 - Proof of Identity... Or is this just for people wanting to change names etc!?

Also do I need to cut up my current Driving Licence card and send it in with this application?

Sorry
DVLA Help on 15:32 - Jun 12 with 6452 viewsNotLoyal

DVLA Help on 15:26 - Jun 12 by BLAZE

Sorry for dragging this back up, I'm obviously thick as fück but even with the INF1D leaflet I'm still struggling to work out what they need from me

I've filled in Section 2 giving my new and previous address, and I've signed the declaration on Section 7. But I can't work out if I need to complete Section 5 - Proof of Identity... Or is this just for people wanting to change names etc!?

Also do I need to cut up my current Driving Licence card and send it in with this application?

Sorry

You reminded me yesterday to renew mine with a new address, took five minutes online.
Sorry for your loss 😉

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

DVLA Help on 16:11 - Jun 12 with 6427 viewsJoshTheJack

Sorry

Pretty sure it's only for a name change,I didn't cut mine up i just sent it with the forms etc. I'd wait for ECB to confirm though.
DVLA Help on 17:47 - Jun 12 with 6400 viewsexiledclaseboy

Sorry

If you've already got a photocard licence you can happily ignore section five.

I'm not getting paid for this you know.

DVLA Help on 15:59 - Jun 18 with 6305 viewsBLAZE

For what it's worth, the 'application completion form' was sent out to me anyway - it's called a D801/2 (c). It's basically just asking for my signature and my old cut up card. I'm assuming they couldn't use the signature from my passport because it was no longer in date, hence me having to sign this instead

So it looks as if I didn't have to complete the D1 after all. Nothing is straightforward for me aye
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024