Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the new Central Library 18:27 - Mar 19 with 822 viewsbritferry

What! yes I know, its replacing the shop in the old BHS building.

That'll be a bit of a contrast to the McD's over the road... its a good spot but not for those needing to drive

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/what-moving-out-swanseas-old-20213

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

the new Central Library on 20:46 - Mar 19 with 787 viewsBoundy

Good idea imo , the Civic Centre ( not really is it ) is a little ways out to be fully utilised . This way at least existing properties are being used ,central and handy if you want to make use of the other facilities . I agree on the parking issue though ,hopefully that'll be taken into consideration.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

the new Central Library on 21:14 - Mar 19 with 772 viewsjack_lord

the new Central Library on 20:46 - Mar 19 by Boundy

Good idea imo , the Civic Centre ( not really is it ) is a little ways out to be fully utilised . This way at least existing properties are being used ,central and handy if you want to make use of the other facilities . I agree on the parking issue though ,hopefully that'll be taken into consideration.

Great idea to stick our central library smack bang in the middle of the city centre. All the students who are going to be living and improving our centre in the modern era will have an extra facility.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

the new Central Library on 21:32 - Mar 19 with 748 viewsfelixstowe_jack

the new Central Library on 21:14 - Mar 19 by jack_lord

Great idea to stick our central library smack bang in the middle of the city centre. All the students who are going to be living and improving our centre in the modern era will have an extra facility.

Makes you wonder why they ever moved it from Alexandra Road in the first place. A wonderful old building.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

the new Central Library on 21:39 - Mar 19 with 744 viewsjack_lord

the new Central Library on 21:32 - Mar 19 by felixstowe_jack

Makes you wonder why they ever moved it from Alexandra Road in the first place. A wonderful old building.

A fabulous building in which I spent many an hour.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

the new Central Library on 08:09 - Mar 20 with 677 viewsBoundy

the new Central Library on 21:32 - Mar 19 by felixstowe_jack

I agree cracking building ,I'm not sure what's there now as the need to visit the area has diminished . I must say my back catalogue of music was much improved with the introduction of the music lending section , this was before the advent of online downloads.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

the new Central Library on 09:46 - Mar 20 with 647 viewspikeypaul

I used to enjoy the Newspaper room on the right as you went in , whilst waiting for Mrs PP who worked across the road in the Glynn Vivian Art Gallery .

Very rarely go to the City Centre these days, maybe once a year, what’s happening to the Civic Centre?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

the new Central Library on 10:03 - Mar 20 with 643 viewsonehunglow

The old Reference library very redolent of exams for me

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

the new Central Library on 10:27 - Mar 20 with 639 viewsNortbankboy

the new Central Library on 10:03 - Mar 20 by onehunglow

The old Reference library very redolent of exams for me

That's a great idea.
We can then sell off the county hall to develop the sea front
Login to get fewer ads

the new Central Library on 10:29 - Mar 20 with 637 viewsonehunglow

the new Central Library on 10:27 - Mar 20 by Nortbankboy

That's a great idea.
We can then sell off the county hall to develop the sea front

Is the Reference library till there.
This is true;I used to study for my exams there for the peace as my mum was always practising (serious mezzo).

Our house was like La Scala on a Saturday

the new Central Library on 13:38 - Mar 20 with 601 viewsexhmrc1

the new Central Library on 10:29 - Mar 20 by onehunglow

Is the Reference library till there.
This is true;I used to study for my exams there for the peace as my mum was always practising (serious mezzo).

Our house was like La Scala on a Saturday

The library moved from Alexandra Road to the Civic Centre years after you left Swansea. There have plans for a few years to move back into the City Centre. The original plan was to build on the old Oxford Street School site but this is hopefully moving ion. There are plans to develop the Civic Centre site alongside the new arena.
the new Central Library on 14:07 - Mar 20 with 593 viewsonehunglow

the new Central Library on 13:38 - Mar 20 by exhmrc1

The library moved from Alexandra Road to the Civic Centre years after you left Swansea. There have plans for a few years to move back into the City Centre. The original plan was to build on the old Oxford Street School site but this is hopefully moving ion. There are plans to develop the Civic Centre site alongside the new arena.

Thanks for that.

Yes,March 1976 ,that was when I ,moved away.

Another dawn, a brighter horizon. Thank s to this glorious blessed peninsular.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024