Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portugal put on the amber list. 20:07 - Jun 3 with 702 viewsKeithHaynes

A lot of folk who have booked holidays are now affected ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Portugal put on the amber list. on 20:15 - Jun 3 with 690 viewsRumjack

I’m a bit perplexed with some of these restrictions. Surely if people have been fully vaccinated it’s ok to resume normal life? I was of the impression that COVID is never going away and always going to be somewhere in somebody, like the flu. Now hospital admissions are low in the UK that curve has been flattened.
Portugal put on the amber list. on 21:08 - Jun 3 with 656 viewsbritferry

anyone who has recently booked to go on a foreign holiday, should have their heads examined and serves them right if they're now having problems going.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Portugal put on the amber list. on 21:22 - Jun 3 with 634 viewscontroversial_jack

Portugal put on the amber list. on 21:08 - Jun 3 by britferry

anyone who has recently booked to go on a foreign holiday, should have their heads examined and serves them right if they're now having problems going.

I agree. It takes a certain kind of stupidity to book a foreign holiday right now. The vaccination does give a guarantee at all
Portugal put on the amber list. on 21:32 - Jun 3 with 616 viewsKeithHaynes

Many folk are flying in to Portugal and going on holiday in Spain, no border control, you can just drive over. Italy too.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Portugal put on the amber list. on 21:36 - Jun 3 with 603 viewsRumjack

Portugal put on the amber list. on 21:22 - Jun 3 by controversial_jack

I agree. It takes a certain kind of stupidity to book a foreign holiday right now. The vaccination does give a guarantee at all

When do you think foreign holidays should start? What about people who have to travel back and fore to different countries for work or family reasons etc?
[Post edited 3 Jun 2021 21:36]
Portugal put on the amber list. on 22:06 - Jun 3 with 568 viewsScotia

This is an absolutely huge balls up. No country should have been off the green list 3 weeks after being put on it.

A colleague booked a week in Portugal leaving next Thursday on Wednesday. She's stuffed now.

It effectively pulls the rug out from under the travel industry for the entire summer season. I was hoping to get away this summer no chance I'm going now, not even on a very late deal.

I'm hoping I can go on last years trip to the Canaries this October but these variants have changed everything.
Portugal put on the amber list. on 23:55 - Jun 3 with 511 viewsmajorraglan

Portugal put on the amber list. on 21:32 - Jun 3 by KeithHaynes

Many folk are flying in to Portugal and going on holiday in Spain, no border control, you can just drive over. Italy too.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Easy to do and the chances of getting caught out are pretty low unless people get grassed up.
Whole thing is a shambles. Anyone booking a holiday abroad is afoot rental, things can change overnight.

Afoot rental should be radio rental. Predictive text I suspect.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 0:39]
Portugal put on the amber list. on 13:33 - Jun 4 with 440 viewsCatullus

Portugal put on the amber list. on 23:55 - Jun 3 by majorraglan

Easy to do and the chances of getting caught out are pretty low unless people get grassed up.
Whole thing is a shambles. Anyone booking a holiday abroad is afoot rental, things can change overnight.

Afoot rental should be radio rental. Predictive text I suspect.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 0:39]

Afoot rental?

Anyway, a colleague of my wife is going to an amber list country soon. She told work she was going regardless and she'd take the isolation period as unpaid leave. Now putting aside how barmy I think that is, when did workplaces get so pliable?

How can somebody demand the extra 10 days off even if unpaid? When this all kicked off it was obvious the rules would have to be relaxed because so many people were involved through no fault of their own, but to go away knowing beforehand and demanding the time off?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Portugal put on the amber list. on 08:48 - Jun 5 with 333 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Portugal put on the amber list. on 13:33 - Jun 4 by Catullus

Afoot rental?

Anyway, a colleague of my wife is going to an amber list country soon. She told work she was going regardless and she'd take the isolation period as unpaid leave. Now putting aside how barmy I think that is, when did workplaces get so pliable?

How can somebody demand the extra 10 days off even if unpaid? When this all kicked off it was obvious the rules would have to be relaxed because so many people were involved through no fault of their own, but to go away knowing beforehand and demanding the time off?

If she is fully vaccinated what’s the problem??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Portugal put on the amber list. on 15:30 - Jun 5 with 293 viewsCatullus

Portugal put on the amber list. on 08:48 - Jun 5 by Brynmill_Jack

If she is fully vaccinated what’s the problem??

Well it's amber list, holidays aren't llowed, it should be essential travel only. Then there's the extra time off work which her colleagues will be left to cover.

As it turned out she's not going, her tour operatro cancelled her trip. She's now having a staycation instead and will be back in work on time. You watch now, she'll probably catch covid closer to home and end up isolating anyway!

The thing about being fully vaccintaed is, it doesn't guarantee you won't catch and spread the virus, if she caught a new variant she could bring it home and cause problems.

Everyone needs to behave until Thursday, after Thursday I don't care!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024