Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't say that I'm totally convinced by this greeny chaps debating skills 14:05 - Sep 22 with 1707 viewsBarrySwan

https://order-order.com/2021/09/22/insulate-britain-protester-admits-his-house-i

As someone pointed out in the comments below the article, if we are in a dangerous spiral of global warming shouldn't these activists be campaigning for us all to have free air conditioning installed?
Can't say that I'm totally convinced by this greeny chaps debating skills on 14:19 - Sep 22 with 1684 viewsonehunglow

It is something to protest about though Kev. We are not at war with anyone ,No Thatcher,Vietnam etc so the professional unwashed jerks can rail against climate change having used fossil to get to the location. Now we have insulation. I spent a few years actually in this industry and ,trust me, most if not home either had insulation or were able to get it free.
I personally surveyed properties for the insulation and lofts and could go on and on about this subject.

The worst aspect is the Police allowing this to go on and on.

And yet,Dick has had an extended contract given to her.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Can't say that I'm totally convinced by this greeny chaps debating skills on 14:38 - Sep 22 with 1669 viewsBarrySwan

Can't say that I'm totally convinced by this greeny chaps debating skills on 14:19 - Sep 22 by onehunglow

It is something to protest about though Kev. We are not at war with anyone ,No Thatcher,Vietnam etc so the professional unwashed jerks can rail against climate change having used fossil to get to the location. Now we have insulation. I spent a few years actually in this industry and ,trust me, most if not home either had insulation or were able to get it free.
I personally surveyed properties for the insulation and lofts and could go on and on about this subject.

The worst aspect is the Police allowing this to go on and on.

And yet,Dick has had an extended contract given to her.

I spent most of my working life working in houses all over the UK crawling around in more roof spaces that I care to remember.

Virtually all of them were so covered in insulation that I tried to arrange such jobs for the last call so that I could dash home straight afterwards to shower off the itchy fibres.

Virtually all houses built in the UK from the mid 1970s onward were built with a very high standard of insulation from scratch and millions more have been insulated through government grants or individual house owners fitting insulation themselves quite often using 25% to 50% discounts paid for under the scheme forced by the government on energy companies to subsidise such purchases, which of course they recouped back through our own energy bill payments.

It's an illusion that the government pays for all these free boilers for example, its the energy companies that have to stump up for the installations that you see advertised every day. So its actually all the rest of us paying our energy bills forking out for landlords to refurb the boilers in their housing portfolios as long as they have an eligible tenant in situ at the time of applying.

The greeny mob keep ranting on about creating scores of thousands of green jobs through insulation programmes but one must wonder how they are going to do that for any length of time when we're running out of houses to insulate after the insulation programmes that have been running for years?
Can't say that I'm totally convinced by this greeny chaps debating skills on 15:45 - Sep 22 with 1631 viewsCatullus

Can't say that I'm totally convinced by this greeny chaps debating skills on 14:38 - Sep 22 by BarrySwan

I spent most of my working life working in houses all over the UK crawling around in more roof spaces that I care to remember.

Virtually all of them were so covered in insulation that I tried to arrange such jobs for the last call so that I could dash home straight afterwards to shower off the itchy fibres.

Virtually all houses built in the UK from the mid 1970s onward were built with a very high standard of insulation from scratch and millions more have been insulated through government grants or individual house owners fitting insulation themselves quite often using 25% to 50% discounts paid for under the scheme forced by the government on energy companies to subsidise such purchases, which of course they recouped back through our own energy bill payments.

It's an illusion that the government pays for all these free boilers for example, its the energy companies that have to stump up for the installations that you see advertised every day. So its actually all the rest of us paying our energy bills forking out for landlords to refurb the boilers in their housing portfolios as long as they have an eligible tenant in situ at the time of applying.

The greeny mob keep ranting on about creating scores of thousands of green jobs through insulation programmes but one must wonder how they are going to do that for any length of time when we're running out of houses to insulate after the insulation programmes that have been running for years?

Whatever scheme is run, in the end we always end up paying for it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Can't say that I'm totally convinced by this greeny chaps debating skills on 15:50 - Sep 22 with 1629 viewsScotia

I have the pleasure of dealing with people like this guy on a daily basis, and similar from the opposite side of the argument.

Typical extremists who do more harm than good.
Can't say that I'm totally convinced by this greeny chaps debating skills on 16:06 - Sep 22 with 1623 viewsBarrySwan

Can't say that I'm totally convinced by this greeny chaps debating skills on 15:45 - Sep 22 by Catullus

Whatever scheme is run, in the end we always end up paying for it.

You're quite right however its a touch galling that the rest of us are forking out for landlords coining in their rent money each week getting free boilers installed in their property portfolios instead of funding such improvements out of their own profits.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024