Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decent New Films 00:41 - May 14 with 1558 viewsJack123

Any decent new films out, worth a look? I've watched a couple of new films recently, The batman, ambulance, X, nothing to write home about especially X, anyone seen that? some people actually said that was good, I found it awful.

I found myself enjoying the Arnie film tonight on film 4 (Commando 1985), cheesy, but great fun to watch, it doesn't seem they make it like that anymore.

libera nos a malo

Decent New Films on 02:56 - May 14 with 1135 viewsBest_loser

Stillwater
Decent New Films on 13:41 - May 14 with 1068 viewsJack123

Decent New Films on 02:56 - May 14 by Best_loser

Stillwater

Nice one, just checked on IMBD looks alright, I'll give it a whirl.

libera nos a malo

Decent New Films on 14:48 - May 14 with 1053 viewsLorax

It seems that simply making entertainment is a dying art. These days films have to address issues, have to have their quotas of different ethnicities, sexualities and disabilities, even when those quotas are out of sync with the real world.

Whatever happened to just having fun, Raiders of the lost Ark, The Lost Boys, The Goonies, can't we just have fun?
Decent New Films on 18:50 - May 14 with 1022 viewsKeithHaynes

The godfather of Harlem.

True account of bumpy Johnson.

Fantastic.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Decent New Films on 18:02 - May 15 with 929 viewscontroversial_jack

Decent New Films on 14:48 - May 14 by Lorax

It seems that simply making entertainment is a dying art. These days films have to address issues, have to have their quotas of different ethnicities, sexualities and disabilities, even when those quotas are out of sync with the real world.

Whatever happened to just having fun, Raiders of the lost Ark, The Lost Boys, The Goonies, can't we just have fun?

The industry cannot make good films thesedays
Decent New Films on 18:38 - May 15 with 905 viewsWingstandwood

Decent New Films on 18:02 - May 15 by controversial_jack

The industry cannot make good films thesedays

The bygone audience anticipation and experience witnessed when The Exorcist, Jaws, Star Wars and Grease etc came to town will never likely be reexperienced ever again imo. Sad to think that!

Those were the days of 'quality' summer blockbusters and 'event' movies that were truly something special because they created memories.

Add to that the cinema-experience that was seasoned further courtesy of press/media that wound-up the general public up for months with Barnum And Bailey hype way before a movie had even arrived at the cinema! Many people were afraid of The Exorcist before they had even seen the movie. Many were sh1ting a brick just by queuing to see it!

A day and age when cinema experience(s) were talked about years after also. That is why so many still talk about queuing around the block and jumping at Ben Gardner's severed head jump-scare in Jaws etc.

Argus!

Decent New Films on 20:53 - May 15 with 872 viewsmax936

Say a bit of The Hurt Locker t'other day, gonna give that a proper watch when I can, Mrs doesn't want to watch it though, so need to pick a moment

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Decent New Films on 21:40 - May 15 with 854 viewsJack123

Decent New Films on 18:38 - May 15 by Wingstandwood

The bygone audience anticipation and experience witnessed when The Exorcist, Jaws, Star Wars and Grease etc came to town will never likely be reexperienced ever again imo. Sad to think that!

Those were the days of 'quality' summer blockbusters and 'event' movies that were truly something special because they created memories.

Add to that the cinema-experience that was seasoned further courtesy of press/media that wound-up the general public up for months with Barnum And Bailey hype way before a movie had even arrived at the cinema! Many people were afraid of The Exorcist before they had even seen the movie. Many were sh1ting a brick just by queuing to see it!

A day and age when cinema experience(s) were talked about years after also. That is why so many still talk about queuing around the block and jumping at Ben Gardner's severed head jump-scare in Jaws etc.

Great days, I remember queuing outside the Odeon on Kingsway for the first Star Wars, and then Grease was the Castle/Film Centre.

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

Decent New Films on 22:06 - May 15 with 841 viewscontroversial_jack

Decent New Films on 20:53 - May 15 by max936

Say a bit of The Hurt Locker t'other day, gonna give that a proper watch when I can, Mrs doesn't want to watch it though, so need to pick a moment

Wasn t very good
Decent New Films on 22:32 - May 15 with 825 viewsraynor94

Decent New Films on 20:53 - May 15 by max936

Very good Max

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Decent New Films on 22:36 - May 15 with 825 viewsWingstandwood

Decent New Films on 21:40 - May 15 by Jack123

Great days, I remember queuing outside the Odeon on Kingsway for the first Star Wars, and then Grease was the Castle/Film Centre.

The build up and cinema visit excitement/experience of an 'event' movie added to the magic of certain movies and was just as important as the movie(s) themselves.

Nowadays far less emotionally involving!

Argus!

Decent New Films on 23:00 - May 15 with 815 viewsJack123

Decent New Films on 22:36 - May 15 by Wingstandwood

The build up and cinema visit excitement/experience of an 'event' movie added to the magic of certain movies and was just as important as the movie(s) themselves.

Nowadays far less emotionally involving!

Yes, maybe something to do with streaming? I love the movies mind, last one I watched was the Tony Soprano film, when he was a young kid, about ten people tops in cinema .

libera nos a malo

Decent New Films on 23:16 - May 15 with 805 viewsRobbie

I remember going to The Carlton on Oxford Street , Where Waterstones Book shop is .

Not sure if that bookstore is still there now though , Swansea has changed so much regarding retail trade .
Decent New Films on 23:43 - May 15 with 797 viewsJack123

Decent New Films on 23:16 - May 15 by Robbie

I remember going to The Carlton on Oxford Street , Where Waterstones Book shop is .

Not sure if that bookstore is still there now though , Swansea has changed so much regarding retail trade .

I have heard of the Cartlon, what year did that close down? I am guessing late 50's, 60's/

libera nos a malo

Decent New Films on 23:56 - May 15 with 789 viewsRobbie

Decent New Films on 23:43 - May 15 by Jack123

I have heard of the Cartlon, what year did that close down? I am guessing late 50's, 60's/

Had a quick Google search and it looks like it closed 1976 ,

That seems about right given my age and remembering my cinema visits .
Decent New Films on 23:57 - May 15 with 788 viewsraynor94

Decent New Films on 23:43 - May 15 by Jack123

No, I'd say about the mid to late seventies

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Decent New Films on 01:26 - May 16 with 771 viewsJack123

Decent New Films on 23:57 - May 15 by raynor94

No, I'd say about the mid to late seventies

yes, my mistake, maybe about 79

libera nos a malo

Decent New Films on 09:56 - May 16 with 714 viewsWingstandwood

Decent New Films on 23:00 - May 15 by Jack123

Yes, maybe something to do with streaming? I love the movies mind, last one I watched was the Tony Soprano film, when he was a young kid, about ten people tops in cinema .

Streaming movies and downloading music has taken away the physical effort away, clicking a mouse button for example has made Christmas come everyday? Less is more?

The days of making an effort to buy a Sounds/NME/Melody Maker to find the count down date of a favourite groups LP/single and having the more intimate/involving experience of getting on a bus to Swansea HMV to get it made it vastly more exciting. It became a day out in the process.

Same with movies!

Argus!

Decent New Films on 10:01 - May 16 with 710 viewsRobbie

Decent New Films on 09:56 - May 16 by Wingstandwood

Streaming movies and downloading music has taken away the physical effort away, clicking a mouse button for example has made Christmas come everyday? Less is more?

The days of making an effort to buy a Sounds/NME/Melody Maker to find the count down date of a favourite groups LP/single and having the more intimate/involving experience of getting on a bus to Swansea HMV to get it made it vastly more exciting. It became a day out in the process.

Same with movies!

Somehow Derricks Records have survived . Good luck to them also to keep going .
Decent New Films on 10:11 - May 16 with 703 viewsWingstandwood

Decent New Films on 10:01 - May 16 by Robbie

Somehow Derricks Records have survived . Good luck to them also to keep going .

Was in there a few months back, long may it stay there! Crazy to think that vinyl LP's are still in existence and being released also. A most wonderful niche market!

Argus!

Decent New Films on 10:13 - May 16 with 702 viewshobo

Decent New Films on 14:48 - May 14 by Lorax

Yep, modern films come up with an issue they want to promote and then build a weak story around it. The masses lap it up though
Decent New Films on 10:50 - May 16 with 684 viewsRobbie

Decent New Films on 10:11 - May 16 by Wingstandwood

Was in there a few months back, long may it stay there! Crazy to think that vinyl LP's are still in existence and being released also. A most wonderful niche market!

Was thinking about buying a " Record Player " a while ago , but having got rid of my original 33 + 45 vinyls, some dating back to the 70 s , I thought they could never be replaced by the newer versions on sale today .

Wonder if they still make that crackle noise a bit on these new pressings ? .
Decent New Films on 11:06 - May 16 with 678 viewsWingstandwood

Decent New Films on 10:50 - May 16 by Robbie

Was thinking about buying a " Record Player " a while ago , but having got rid of my original 33 + 45 vinyls, some dating back to the 70 s , I thought they could never be replaced by the newer versions on sale today .

Wonder if they still make that crackle noise a bit on these new pressings ? .

I've wondered about the quality of modern vinyl myself i.e. are the grooves deep producing better sound quality and resilience to minor surface scratches or are the grooves shallow like cheap Woolworths TOTP compellation LP's and K-tel LP's of old that could ne a mare.

And replacement stylus's/needle are they available to buy for record players now stored up the attic?

Argus!

Decent New Films on 11:17 - May 16 with 669 viewsRobbie

Decent New Films on 11:06 - May 16 by Wingstandwood

I've wondered about the quality of modern vinyl myself i.e. are the grooves deep producing better sound quality and resilience to minor surface scratches or are the grooves shallow like cheap Woolworths TOTP compellation LP's and K-tel LP's of old that could ne a mare.

And replacement stylus's/needle are they available to buy for record players now stored up the attic?

Wow , there are some fantastic titles you mention there , the artwork and packaging on the original 33 s of named artists was a discovery on its own .

Obviously C.D. are much more convenient these days , am way too much of a dumbo to start getting involved in downloads , mp3 + streaming , so switching from car to house to garden with the same disc is much more convenient .
Decent New Films on 11:17 - May 16 with 668 viewswhiterock

The Joker, best film I've seen in years and that was only made a few years back
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024