Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Russian Parade 08:30 - May 9 with 1935 viewsonehunglow

Quite sickening really.
Power and weapons and hate speech.

And the Russian people not aware of Ukrainian rape and murder of thousands.

This is as filthy a spectacle as is possible to behold.

This is mankind in 2022.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Russian Parade on 08:37 - May 9 with 1712 viewsScotia

I was expecting more of a rabble rousing speech from Putin.

Vulgar.
The Russian Parade on 08:44 - May 9 with 1710 viewsBoundy

What's happening in Ukraine is being disseminated throughout Russia, not in sufficient quantities maybe but it is being spoken about . But when you live in an overtly repressive state with the threat of arrest for what we would consider basic human freedoms then its being spoken about in hushed tones, . We have seen the recent arrests for simply declaring "No War " yet alone for more vociferous protests. Things we take for granted are denied others yet some on here seem to think Russia are the good guys ?
there's nowt strange as folk

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Russian Parade on 08:47 - May 9 with 1703 viewsBoundy

The Russian Parade on 08:37 - May 9 by Scotia

I was expecting more of a rabble rousing speech from Putin.

Vulgar.

Watching the display a thought occurred , O to see a few drones flying above , see Ivan run .

The Russian Parade on 08:53 - May 9 with 1695 viewsonehunglow

Surely the point is the world should be reviled by parades of this nature
Indefensible

The Russian Parade on 09:05 - May 9 with 1675 viewsBoundy

The Russian Parade on 08:53 - May 9 by onehunglow

Indefensible

I can't speak for the rest of the world but I find it distasteful , in light of this years events I bet a lot more are who normally wouldn't give it a second glance ,

The Russian Parade on 10:11 - May 9 with 1643 viewsLorax

The Russian Parade on 08:53 - May 9 by onehunglow

Indefensible

These kinds of things go on in many places though, we all love to see our armed forces parading, the Tattoo in Scotland, there are always armed forces displays at big local events, we have the air show in Swansea and there's always military aircraft and we love it.

If the world was a better place maybe we wouldn't love it but, the world is a rotten place, rotten to the core.
The Russian Parade on 10:28 - May 9 with 1636 viewsonehunglow

The Russian Parade on 10:11 - May 9 by Lorax

These kinds of things go on in many places though, we all love to see our armed forces parading, the Tattoo in Scotland, there are always armed forces displays at big local events, we have the air show in Swansea and there's always military aircraft and we love it.

If the world was a better place maybe we wouldn't love it but, the world is a rotten place, rotten to the core.

Im not sure,Cat,you can compare the Edinburgh tattoo with the military hardware Ruskie parade to adoring crowds.
Not sure nuclear weapons would feature at Edinburgh

The Russian Parade on 10:36 - May 9 with 1633 viewsLorax

The Russian Parade on 10:28 - May 9 by onehunglow

Im not sure,Cat,you can compare the Edinburgh tattoo with the military hardware Ruskie parade to adoring crowds.
Not sure nuclear weapons would feature at Edinburgh

It's all about a display of power. Russia is just trying to show it's more powerful but we have seen in Ukraine how powerful it really is, nukes aside.

I don't know what kind of thing they do in the USA.
Login to get fewer ads

The Russian Parade on 10:42 - May 9 with 1631 viewsonehunglow

The Russian Parade on 10:36 - May 9 by Lorax

It's all about a display of power. Russia is just trying to show it's more powerful but we have seen in Ukraine how powerful it really is, nukes aside.

I don't know what kind of thing they do in the USA.

I don't think anyone does parades better than Russia possibly North Korea.

The Russian Parade on 17:20 - May 9 with 1551 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Russian Parade on 10:42 - May 9 by onehunglow

I don't think anyone does parades better than Russia possibly North Korea.

And China.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Russian Parade on 18:46 - May 9 with 1518 viewsshingle

It reminded me of the Nuremberg rallies, the Regime is pathetic and so are there people who are so stupid they believe the propaganda, at least the German people at that time did not have any outlets to educate them as to what was going on these idiots have social media and plenty of other outlets despite the regime censoring a lot of it, they are even told by there children who actually live in the Ukraine of the atrocities being carried out there yet the idiots still refuse to believe it.
[Post edited 9 May 2022 18:50]
The Russian Parade on 19:02 - May 9 with 1504 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Putin the strongman had to have a blanket over his legs because the poor dab was cold.
The Russian Parade on 20:17 - May 9 with 1468 viewsfbreath

The Russian Parade on 19:02 - May 9 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Putin the strongman had to have a blanket over his legs because the poor dab was cold.

I wonder if the blanket was made in Europe

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

The Russian Parade on 20:29 - May 9 with 1462 viewsscruffyjack

The Russian Parade on 17:20 - May 9 by felixstowe_jack

And China.

They do it because of their own insecurities. It’s a warning to their own people as well as others, with huge amounts of shiny helmets.
The Russian Parade on 12:45 - May 12 with 1329 viewsjohnlangy

Can anyone on here give us some kind of indication of how the mind of the average Russian works ?

Up until fairly recently they would not have had a great deal of access to news from outside Russia. So they would base their beliefs on what they'd hear within Russia.

Since the advent of the internet they must all have at some point seen what the outside world is like. And regardless of the many problems in the West they surely must have understood that so much of what they'd been told was lies.
The Russian Parade on 12:56 - May 12 with 1317 viewscontroversial_jack

The Russian Parade on 12:45 - May 12 by johnlangy

Can anyone on here give us some kind of indication of how the mind of the average Russian works ?

Up until fairly recently they would not have had a great deal of access to news from outside Russia. So they would base their beliefs on what they'd hear within Russia.

Since the advent of the internet they must all have at some point seen what the outside world is like. And regardless of the many problems in the West they surely must have understood that so much of what they'd been told was lies.

Russians , travel all over the world. There are Russian tourists everywhere.It's not North Korea
The Russian Parade on 14:14 - May 12 with 1296 viewsjohnlangy

The Russian Parade on 12:56 - May 12 by controversial_jack

Russians , travel all over the world. There are Russian tourists everywhere.It's not North Korea

I know. That's my point. They can see we don't need to be 'de-natzified' (apparently they've said that about the West generally not just Ukraine).

So if they can see that they know their leaders are simply lying. So it must be that they are willing to accept their lot out of fear of what would happen if they speak out.
The Russian Parade on 15:20 - May 12 with 1286 viewsScotia

The Russian Parade on 12:56 - May 12 by controversial_jack

Funnily enough my sisters in law are currently in the Antalya area of Turkey where some resorts are the Russian / Ukrainian equivalent of Brits visitng Benidorm.

They got an incredibly cheap deal - apparently because it is so quiet and many hotels and attractions haven't opened for the season. Ukrianians aren't able to visit for obvious reasons, but the Russians aren't there either. I wonder why?
The Russian Parade on 15:37 - May 12 with 1282 viewsmajorraglan

The Russian Parade on 12:45 - May 12 by johnlangy

The Russians have pretty strict controls on the internet but they have been looking to replicate aspects of the systems the Chinese use to completely control what people see on the internet. It’s more difficult for the Russian government to control access because the “genie is out of the bottle” whereas the Chinese have always imposed total control on what their people can see.

Russia has a population of over 140m, to travel internally and externally people need passports. Approximately 20m external passports have been issued over the last 10 years which is less than 20% of the population. The average wage is around £750per month so a large section of the population probably can’t afford to travel abroad,I’d imagine most of the people with the money who can afford to travel will probably be connected to the “establishment” and won’t want to rock the boat!!
The Russian Parade on 14:44 - May 13 with 1203 viewscontroversial_jack

The Russian Parade on 15:37 - May 12 by majorraglan

The Russians have pretty strict controls on the internet but they have been looking to replicate aspects of the systems the Chinese use to completely control what people see on the internet. It’s more difficult for the Russian government to control access because the “genie is out of the bottle” whereas the Chinese have always imposed total control on what their people can see.

Russia has a population of over 140m, to travel internally and externally people need passports. Approximately 20m external passports have been issued over the last 10 years which is less than 20% of the population. The average wage is around £750per month so a large section of the population probably can’t afford to travel abroad,I’d imagine most of the people with the money who can afford to travel will probably be connected to the “establishment” and won’t want to rock the boat!!

I believe, not many Americans have passports either. The majority don't travel overseas and many don't even leave their state

Russians have Id documents like many countries, but I don't think it's specifically for travel
The Russian Parade on 10:47 - May 15 with 1139 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Russian Parade on 14:44 - May 13 by controversial_jack

I believe, not many Americans have passports either. The majority don't travel overseas and many don't even leave their state

Russians have Id documents like many countries, but I don't think it's specifically for travel

143 million valid passports in the USA 45% of the population.

The Russian Parade on 22:45 - May 15 with 1109 viewscontroversial_jack

The Russian Parade on 10:47 - May 15 by felixstowe_jack

143 million valid passports in the USA 45% of the population.

The US state dept says it's 37%
The Russian Parade on 23:01 - May 15 with 1102 viewsBoundy

The Russian Parade on 22:45 - May 15 by controversial_jack

and you believe them ?

The Russian Parade on 23:11 - May 15 with 1094 viewsDJack

The Russian Parade on 23:01 - May 15 by Boundy

and you believe them ?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Russian Parade on 06:18 - May 16 with 1076 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Russian Parade on 22:45 - May 15 by controversial_jack

My figures are from statista.

I think you are using UGOV POLL RESULTS where Americans were asked if the had a valid passport

Yes have a valid passport 37%
Never had a passport 38%
Expired passport 20%
Don't know 5%

So your claim that not many people from the USA have a passport or travel outside the USA is wrong when 57% of the population either have a passport or had a passport.
[Post edited 16 May 2022 6:22]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024