Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Earlier kick offs. 22:43 - Aug 4 with 850 viewsBadlands

Given the parlous state of most clubs' finances would it make sense for all nonPL clubs to kick games off at 1 pm or earlier on weekends to save electricity costs?
And how would fans feel about it?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Earlier kick offs. on 22:53 - Aug 4 with 777 viewsCatullus

I guess it depends on how it would affect attendances. No point in saving 1000 quid in energy if it costs you 1500 in ticket sales.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Earlier kick offs. on 23:40 - Aug 4 with 749 viewsSTID2017

I actually think it is sensible.
We are used to kickoffs being shifted around so makes sense.
Not sure too many fans would make a fuss given a sensible explanation for it

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Earlier kick offs. on 00:03 - Aug 5 with 733 viewsGixerJack

People can’t get to their seats for 15:00 because they have to have one extra beer so there’s no chance they’re gonna be happy with this sensible suggestion
Earlier kick offs. on 07:33 - Aug 5 with 665 viewsSTID2017

Earlier kick offs. on 00:03 - Aug 5 by GixerJack

People can’t get to their seats for 15:00 because they have to have one extra beer so there’s no chance they’re gonna be happy with this sensible suggestion

Sadly true, though some of those would never manage to get to their seat on time even if we kicked off at 9.00 p.m.

Earlier kick offs. on 09:06 - Aug 5 with 620 viewsGixerJack

Earlier kick offs. on 07:33 - Aug 5 by STID2017

Sadly true, though some of those would never manage to get to their seat on time even if we kicked off at 9.00 p.m.

😂🤣😂
Earlier kick offs. on 09:06 - Aug 5 with 620 views3swan

Earlier kick offs. on 22:53 - Aug 4 by Catullus

I guess it depends on how it would affect attendances. No point in saving 1000 quid in energy if it costs you 1500 in ticket sales.

As you say it all depends on the cost. At the £32.50 price it only takes about 30 fans to get to a £1000. That could be reached by away fans being put off by the early start.
Earlier kick offs. on 14:54 - Aug 5 with 533 viewsCatullus

Earlier kick offs. on 09:06 - Aug 5 by 3swan

As you say it all depends on the cost. At the £32.50 price it only takes about 30 fans to get to a £1000. That could be reached by away fans being put off by the early start.

Yup and people should remember, it's not just people in the pub who can't get there by 3, there are people who rush there staright from work. Some saturdays I finish at 1400 and it's a mad rush home to get changed, grab my son and get back to the ground.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Earlier kick offs. on 08:31 - Aug 6 with 433 viewsSTID2017

Earlier kick offs. on 14:54 - Aug 5 by Catullus

Yup and people should remember, it's not just people in the pub who can't get there by 3, there are people who rush there staright from work. Some saturdays I finish at 1400 and it's a mad rush home to get changed, grab my son and get back to the ground.

Fair point.

Login to get fewer ads

Earlier kick offs. on 10:00 - Aug 6 with 405 viewsandrew

I know many people who play football Saturday afternoons and make it for the 3pm kick off. Early kick off means either they don’t play or they play and don’t come to the game.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024