Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What am I reading? 21:33 - Nov 13 with 1053 viewsbritferry

An incident on Oxford St, the shop owner kicked the victim out as they "didnt want to get involved", so the 3 chasing him, beat him to a pulp and stab him... in the middle of the day. 2 of them then go home, change and return to the pub (Eli Jenkins).

Whats the world coming to ???

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/slashed-knife-shopping-street-swan

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

What am I reading? on 21:49 - Nov 13 with 1028 viewsKilkennyjack

Need more police in the city centre.

Dreadful incident.
Prison terms seem light to me.

Beware of the Risen People

What am I reading? on 00:33 - Nov 14 with 969 viewsBest_loser

What am I reading? on 21:49 - Nov 13 by Kilkennyjack

Need more police in the city centre.

Dreadful incident.
Prison terms seem light to me.

Two of them will be out within 12 months , the sentencing for violent crimes are an absolute joke
What am I reading? on 02:30 - Nov 14 with 942 viewsmart66

Complete scum, and to think some support a movement to defund the police.

We need more police, more training and get back to an era where these cretins fear law and order.

Official Intellectual Property of Dr P. Registered Trademark.

What am I reading? on 06:45 - Nov 14 with 907 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Flipping heck look at those mug shots. Those faces could make onions cry.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

What am I reading? on 09:47 - Nov 14 with 823 viewsonehunglow

What am I reading? on 02:30 - Nov 14 by mart66

Complete scum, and to think some support a movement to defund the police.

We need more police, more training and get back to an era where these cretins fear law and order.

We need Chief Constables who are worthy of the office ,for a start.
We need to ditch rapid promotion and graduate schemes
No chance

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What am I reading? on 10:33 - Nov 14 with 810 viewsJack123

Absolutely horrific reading that, I hope the gentleman they attacked, makes a speedy recovery.

Chilling to read that thug was aiming for his neck with the knife, and all over absolutely nothing.

libera nos a malo

What am I reading? on 10:36 - Nov 14 with 809 viewscontroversial_jack

They should name and shame that shopowner
What am I reading? on 14:00 - Nov 14 with 739 viewsRobbie

Just returned from a call into Swansea City Centre .

It really is grim viewing as I walked from Castle Gardens to have look at the new development around the Arena , it did feel an uneasy atmosphere , even for a man .

The area around St. Marys /, Iceland store and the VIvian Statue now seem to be the meeting area for the needy , homeless , junkies , zombies , pick any title from them .

I know all major towns and cities have difficult areas but ,for any visitor to the theatre popping over to Swansea to have a look around pre show , it will not be a good advert .

Same could be said of High Street Station too .
Login to get fewer ads

What am I reading? on 08:19 - Nov 15 with 612 viewscontroversial_jack

What am I reading? on 14:00 - Nov 14 by Robbie

Just returned from a call into Swansea City Centre .

It really is grim viewing as I walked from Castle Gardens to have look at the new development around the Arena , it did feel an uneasy atmosphere , even for a man .

The area around St. Marys /, Iceland store and the VIvian Statue now seem to be the meeting area for the needy , homeless , junkies , zombies , pick any title from them .

I know all major towns and cities have difficult areas but ,for any visitor to the theatre popping over to Swansea to have a look around pre show , it will not be a good advert .

Same could be said of High Street Station too .

Swansea is a dump, it has to be said.
What am I reading? on 08:47 - Nov 15 with 599 viewsRobbie

What am I reading? on 08:19 - Nov 15 by controversial_jack

Bit strong to call the whole area a dump , looked quiet tidy down by LC2 / Arena .

Compare that to he walk I took from Castle Gardens McDonalds towards that Cash Generator shop thing , some beauts along that route .

Comparisons could also be made to Neath , Lovely Victoria Gardens , Gnoll Park but then a look around the train station area , first point of contact for visitors , not a good impression .
What am I reading? on 09:04 - Nov 15 with 590 viewsWhiterockin

What am I reading? on 08:47 - Nov 15 by Robbie

Bit strong to call the whole area a dump , looked quiet tidy down by LC2 / Arena .

Compare that to he walk I took from Castle Gardens McDonalds towards that Cash Generator shop thing , some beauts along that route .

Comparisons could also be made to Neath , Lovely Victoria Gardens , Gnoll Park but then a look around the train station area , first point of contact for visitors , not a good impression .

How much of this is down to the demise of the city centre, the Debenhams closure didn't help. For want of a better word "normal" people rarely venture into the city center unless for work of an evening out. Making the Kingsway a pretty sight is not enough, nor is all the student accomodation something seriously needs to be done to regenerate the centre of Swansea.
What am I reading? on 09:24 - Nov 15 with 575 viewsonehunglow

What am I reading? on 08:19 - Nov 15 by controversial_jack

I have been commenting thus for at least ten years only to receive defensive brickbats . Understandable as people of my age have seen the old girl in her prime and my parents before even better. Industrial behemoth but one with a core centre that was High Street. Sad the Luftwaffe destroyed it all and the rebuilding was haphazard but late fifties / sixties it was fine . Students were peripheral and not now seemingly central to the city s heartbeat .

The decline starting in the late 70 s when I got out and it accelerated rapidly . Every return visit saw mr ever more upset to the extent ,when after both my parents had died, I called it quits . I would only go back for funerals now . The whole area depresses and Gower isn’t enough to compensate .

The Liberty is a “ positive” as is the area , but the soul of the town/ city has been ripped apart .

Personally, the rape of St Helens is the hardest to take

The old girl still eats in my soul though and always will.

I love her

What am I reading? on 09:34 - Nov 15 with 573 viewsRobbie

What am I reading? on 09:04 - Nov 15 by Whiterockin

How much of this is down to the demise of the city centre, the Debenhams closure didn't help. For want of a better word "normal" people rarely venture into the city center unless for work of an evening out. Making the Kingsway a pretty sight is not enough, nor is all the student accomodation something seriously needs to be done to regenerate the centre of Swansea.

Given the track record of Swansea City Council and the Kingsway , give it another few years and another glorious forward thinking , architectures impression , looks good on paper job will lead to the council digging it up , again .

Wonder where the Bendy Buses went , chickens living in them now I suppose .
What am I reading? on 09:49 - Nov 15 with 561 viewsonehunglow

What am I reading? on 09:34 - Nov 15 by Robbie

Given the track record of Swansea City Council and the Kingsway , give it another few years and another glorious forward thinking , architectures impression , looks good on paper job will lead to the council digging it up , again .

Do you remember the Tyssul Lewis years

What am I reading? on 10:05 - Nov 15 with 561 viewsWhiterockin

What am I reading? on 09:34 - Nov 15 by Robbie

The bendy busses are being used for airport transport, best place for them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024