Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Female commentators 10:10 - Mar 3 with 1809 viewsjohnlangy

I watched MOTD this morning and there was a female commentator covering the Newcastle game. She was dreadful as are all the others.

To do any other job in football - refereeing/linesman/pundit on Football Focus etc - what is needed is knowledge gained from watching, supporting or playing football. Women can do those jobs as well as men. But when commentating on an actual game, when something exciting happens I want to hear a loud voice, a roar similar to when all your mates around you shout at an actual game. What we get with women commentators is a squeak.

IMO they are just there because of political correctness, diversity or whatever not because they are good at the job..

Female commentators on 10:23 - Mar 3 with 1301 viewsonehunglow

Morning Joey ,la

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Female commentators on 10:28 - Mar 3 with 1281 viewsKilkennyjack

Mark Lawrenson was the worst and he was a bloke !

You have a point though about going with mates to the game, thats a social fact.

Beware of the Risen People

Female commentators on 10:34 - Mar 3 with 1269 viewsjohnlangy

Female commentators on 10:28 - Mar 3 by Kilkennyjack

Mark Lawrenson was the worst and he was a bloke !

You have a point though about going with mates to the game, thats a social fact.

Morning Kilk.

I totally agree there are and have been bad male commentators as well.
Female commentators on 10:39 - Mar 3 with 1257 viewsonehunglow

For squeak, I give you Jamie La Garragher or Trimsarans Jiffy,the worst voice on television

Female commentators on 13:10 - Mar 3 with 1165 viewsBryanSwan

Where to start with this one.
I've listened to Michael Owen, does his absolutely atrocious commentary make all men dreadful?

If someone knows their stuff and is good at it what does it matter.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Female commentators on 13:15 - Mar 3 with 1163 viewsmax936

Female commentators on 10:39 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

For squeak, I give you Jamie La Garragher or Trimsarans Jiffy,the worst voice on television

Back off on the Jiffy comments, he's a friend of mine, well to speak to each other using our names to greet each other anyway, not seen him in a long while though sadly, great character.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Female commentators on 13:55 - Mar 3 with 1121 viewsonehunglow

Female commentators on 13:15 - Mar 3 by max936

Back off on the Jiffy comments, he's a friend of mine, well to speak to each other using our names to greet each other anyway, not seen him in a long while though sadly, great character.

I won't
Great player
Decent player
Worst voice

Female commentators on 14:07 - Mar 3 with 1118 viewsSTID2017

I remember my then girlfriend ( later to be wife) coming to the football and asking questions like "Why is that man dressed in black ?" and "Why is that man rolling on the floor,?" ( a question I still ask myself now in fairness)
Or she might come out with comments about how cute some player was in his shorts or that he had nice legs etc
This was in 1980.
Which is where all your anti-feminist comments belong.
Just because a commentator isn't screaming doesn't mean he or she doesn't know about the game.
BTW isn't it time you guys put up your flat caps on, grabbed a Woodbine and went and seen how your pigeons are doing ?
Or maybe if still in work you are due back down t'mill ?
As some of you seem from the dark ages, I think that is in keeping ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Female commentators on 14:12 - Mar 3 with 1111 viewsmax936

Female commentators on 13:55 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

I won't
Great player
Decent player
Worst voice

Apology accepted
[Post edited 3 Mar 14:12]

Female commentators on 14:13 - Mar 3 with 1104 viewsmax936

Female commentators on 14:07 - Mar 3 by STID2017

I remember my then girlfriend ( later to be wife) coming to the football and asking questions like "Why is that man dressed in black ?" and "Why is that man rolling on the floor,?" ( a question I still ask myself now in fairness)
Or she might come out with comments about how cute some player was in his shorts or that he had nice legs etc
This was in 1980.
Just because a commentator isn't screaming doesn't mean he or she doesn't know about the game.
BTW isn't it time you guys put up your flat caps on, grabbed a Woodbine and went and seen how your pigeons are doing ?

Hey up me duck!

[Post edited 3 Mar 14:17]

Female commentators on 14:17 - Mar 3 with 1089 viewsSTID2017

60k at the Arsenal v Spurs WSL game now.
Guess none of them have enough knowledge of the game either ?
We had a female ref yesterday who seemed as knowledgeable as any ref I have witnessed.
Blows your theories sky high chaps

Female commentators on 14:18 - Mar 3 with 1083 viewsSTID2017

Female commentators on 14:13 - Mar 3 by max936

Hey up me duck!

[Post edited 3 Mar 14:17]

Female commentators on 14:23 - Mar 3 with 1079 viewsSullutaCreturned

I expected a thread like this would come up but I'm really surprised by who posted it. I had thought better of you than this, John.

Having a nice sounding, deep melodious voice (maybe like Richard Burton) really doesn't matter if you are talking utter rubbish, as many of them do, men and women.

I don't care f they have an annoying voice (like Trundle) I don't care if they are men or women, all I care about is the content of their opinions and if that is good then what does anything else matter?
Female commentators on 14:27 - Mar 3 with 1076 viewsSTID2017

Female commentators on 14:23 - Mar 3 by SullutaCreturned

I expected a thread like this would come up but I'm really surprised by who posted it. I had thought better of you than this, John.

Having a nice sounding, deep melodious voice (maybe like Richard Burton) really doesn't matter if you are talking utter rubbish, as many of them do, men and women.

I don't care f they have an annoying voice (like Trundle) I don't care if they are men or women, all I care about is the content of their opinions and if that is good then what does anything else matter?

I agree with all that.
And yes I too expected an OP like that to come from a less enlightened source
[Post edited 3 Mar 14:30]

Female commentators on 14:33 - Mar 3 with 1056 viewsmax936

Female commentators on 14:17 - Mar 3 by STID2017

We had a female ref yesterday who seemed as knowledgeable as any ref I have witnessed.

Its a great game fair play

Female commentators on 15:14 - Mar 3 with 1038 viewsTomsyard

Female commentators on 14:07 - Mar 3 by STID2017

This was in 1980.

Is someone’s opinion now declared as ‘anti’ something just because an opinion has been expressed. This shutting down of people voicing their thoughts, whether you agree or not is just plain ridiculous.
Female commentators on 15:22 - Mar 3 with 1031 viewsBryanSwan

Female commentators on 15:14 - Mar 3 by Tomsyard

Is someone’s opinion now declared as ‘anti’ something just because an opinion has been expressed. This shutting down of people voicing their thoughts, whether you agree or not is just plain ridiculous.

Because it is complete and utter nonsense. People need to be told when they are spouting sht.

There are plenty of useless female comms just as there are plent of useless male ones. Their sex has nothing to do with their competence.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Female commentators on 15:28 - Mar 3 with 1026 viewsSullutaCreturned

Female commentators on 15:14 - Mar 3 by Tomsyard

What is your opinion then, do you think a higher pitched voice should rule you out of commentating on mens football?

PS, his opinion was anti something, it was anti women commentating on mens football

My opinion is that the OP is wrong, why are you saying I'm not allowed that opinion? Why are you trying to shut me down?
Female commentators on 17:36 - Mar 3 with 955 viewsTomsyard

Female commentators on 15:28 - Mar 3 by SullutaCreturned

What is your opinion then, do you think a higher pitched voice should rule you out of commentating on mens football?

PS, his opinion was anti something, it was anti women commentating on mens football

My opinion is that the OP is wrong, why are you saying I'm not allowed that opinion? Why are you trying to shut me down?

I don’t care if it’s male or female commentating on a game, I don’t need someone to tell me what I can see happening but if the op cares then that’s his opinion. I’m not sure why anybody can get so upset about itEverything is so binary; he doesn’t like women commentators so he must be ……..
Funny really because my wife doesn’t like listening to women commentators but I don’t think she’s anti anything it’s just her opinion, it won’t keep me awake at night
Female commentators on 17:49 - Mar 3 with 935 viewsSTID2017

Female commentators on 17:36 - Mar 3 by Tomsyard

I don’t care if it’s male or female commentating on a game, I don’t need someone to tell me what I can see happening but if the op cares then that’s his opinion. I’m not sure why anybody can get so upset about itEverything is so binary; he doesn’t like women commentators so he must be ……..
Funny really because my wife doesn’t like listening to women commentators but I don’t think she’s anti anything it’s just her opinion, it won’t keep me awake at night

Nobody is getting upset as far I can see.
And I certainly don't have the power to shut anyone on here down.
However on here, as in life, if I see someone acting in a discrimatory way, I will out them.
Simple as that.
It is great to see the myriad of different views on this site.
However, people should always remember the ultimate reason Keith puts so much work into this site and recognise that when considering what they post.
Views such as some of the above can undo that good work

Female commentators on 18:05 - Mar 3 with 915 viewsjohnlangy

Female commentators on 14:17 - Mar 3 by STID2017

If you're referring to my original post this was a part of it -

'To do any other job in football - refereeing/linesman/pundit on Football Focus etc - what is needed is knowledge gained from watching, supporting or playing football. Women can do those jobs as well as men'.

Perhaps you were talking about another post ?
Female commentators on 18:05 - Mar 3 with 914 viewsFlashberryjack

Alex Scott's screeching voice goes right through me, just like scraping fingernails on a blackboard.

Am I aloud to say this ? probably not, as someone might be offended.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Female commentators on 18:09 - Mar 3 with 911 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Female commentators on 18:05 - Mar 3 by Flashberryjack

Alex Scott's screeching voice goes right through me, just like scraping fingernails on a blackboard.

Why wouldn't you be allowed?

Jamie Carragher's does the same to me. As does Lee Trundle's.
Female commentators on 18:11 - Mar 3 with 911 viewsjohnlangy

Female commentators on 14:23 - Mar 3 by SullutaCreturned

I think it's fair to say that I always express my opinion on something while not slagging off others who may think differently from me.

In this instance i'm expressing my opinion saying I don't like female commentators (on live games, not pundits in the studio). Nothing wrong with that. You are okay with them. Nothing wrong with that either.
Female commentators on 18:44 - Mar 3 with 873 viewsSTID2017

Female commentators on 18:05 - Mar 3 by Flashberryjack

I see nothing offensive in that?
Commentators who refer to shots as "hits" and use the phrase "early doors" grate with me.
They can be male or female.
So crack on
BTW - It's "allowed" not "aloud"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024