Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qatar 2022 moved 12:32 - Sep 19 with 6495 viewsSwanzay

to winter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24160879
Qatar 2022 moved on 12:52 - Sep 19 with 6406 viewsscottishjack

Shambles... Although I'm pretty sure that FIFA had this planned all along.

The countries that lost out to Qatar must be furious.
Qatar 2022 moved on 12:53 - Sep 19 with 6392 viewsepaul

Not quite yet just UEFA backing the move, although something will happen, its a summer tourney and should stay that way, they should play it elsewhere. If they do move it to winter it'll all ko with the prem, they wont be happy and I suspect us as fans wont either considering the potentail players we could lose

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Qatar 2022 moved on 13:28 - Sep 19 with 6324 viewsDarran

Any news on being able to have a bum?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Qatar 2022 moved on 13:30 - Sep 19 with 6312 viewslonglostjack

Why can't all major footballing nations dump FIFA and set up an alternative organisation to run the World Cup?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Qatar 2022 moved on 13:34 - Sep 19 with 6300 viewsSkipTheJack

In fairness, if FIFA insisted that the World Cup could only be held in June/July, and only if it is not too hot and not too cold, then they would be excluding a large number of countries from ever hosting the event.

Personally, I have no interest in international football, but if we've got to have a World Cup then I don't have a problem with Qatar hosting it.
Qatar 2022 moved on 13:49 - Sep 19 with 6254 viewsSnowgoon

Should never have been awarded to them in the first place. Its not as if the climate has changed there overnight.

Listen, you f*cking fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your f*cking Jacobs off

Qatar 2022 moved on 14:06 - Sep 19 with 6224 viewsC_jack

It'll be something different and if I'm honest I'll be interested to see how it plays out. Been pointed out that the majority of players will be at the peak of their physical condition as opposed to the end.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Qatar 2022 moved on 14:11 - Sep 19 with 6207 viewsscottishjack

Qatar 2022 moved on 13:28 - Sep 19 by Darran

If it's the same as they are doing with alcohol, then bumming will only be allowed in specified "Fan Zones"
Login to get fewer ads

Qatar 2022 moved on 04:53 - Sep 20 with 5936 viewsJoeSoccerFan

Qatar 2022 moved on 14:11 - Sep 19 by scottishjack

If it's the same as they are doing with alcohol, then bumming will only be allowed in specified "Fan Zones"

For other yanks, Bumming (according to http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bumming) is engaging in anal intercourse, at least in this context.

I'm not positive that this is correct, though.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2013 4:54]
Qatar 2022 moved on 14:17 - Sep 20 with 5834 viewsscottishjack

Qatar 2022 moved on 04:53 - Sep 20 by JoeSoccerFan

For other yanks, Bumming (according to http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bumming) is engaging in anal intercourse, at least in this context.

I'm not positive that this is correct, though.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2013 4:54]

Qatar 2022 moved on 14:48 - Sep 20 with 5786 viewsbluenile

Qatar 2022 moved on 13:34 - Sep 19 by SkipTheJack

In fairness, if FIFA insisted that the World Cup could only be held in June/July, and only if it is not too hot and not too cold, then they would be excluding a large number of countries from ever hosting the event.

Personally, I have no interest in international football, but if we've got to have a World Cup then I don't have a problem with Qatar hosting it.

Let me see..............you have no interest in International football and yet you want us to pay attention to the fact that you are happy for Qatar to host it??................err, no!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Qatar 2022 moved on 09:50 - Sep 27 with 5563 viewsLaudrup

Qatar under pressure over migrant labour abuse

International Trade Union Confederation says death toll could reach 600 a year unless government makes urgent reforms

...The stark warning came after a Guardian investigation revealed that 44 Nepalese workers died from 4 June to 8 August this year, about half from heart failure or workplace accidents. Workers described being forced to work in 50C heat without a supply of drinking water by employers who withhold salaries for several months and retain their passports to prevent them leaving the country. The investigation found sickness is endemic among workers living in overcrowded and insanitary conditions, and hunger has been reported.

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2013/sep/26/qatar-migrant-labour-a

I hate signatures

Qatar 2022 moved on 09:57 - Sep 27 with 5549 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It makes you wonder how on Earth incredibly wealthy Qatar with no football infrastructure or history or suitable climate won the vote of an organisation known for its history of corruption.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Qatar 2022 moved on 10:06 - Sep 27 with 5526 viewswaynekerr55

Qatar 2022 moved on 13:28 - Sep 19 by Darran

Have you adapted your chair in advance of a change in Qatar to their stance on "burning bumders"?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Qatar 2022 moved on 10:28 - Sep 27 with 5487 viewsLaudrup

Qatar 2022 moved on 09:57 - Sep 27 by Joe_bradshaw

It makes you wonder how on Earth incredibly wealthy Qatar with no football infrastructure or history or suitable climate won the vote of an organisation known for its history of corruption.

Allegedly the French UEFA President Michel Platini gave Qatar UEFA's vote in return of Qatar's royal family out of nowhere investing heavily in Paris Saint-Germain and other French companies and French charity projects + Platini's lawyer son, Laurent, started work for Qatar Sports Investments.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2301694/Backed-Qatars-billions

"The tale of the takeover of Paris St Germain by Qatar Sports Investments, a subsidiary of the Qatari Al-Thani royal family's investment vehicle, the Qatar Investment Authority, is well recorded: a meeting with then President Sarkozy and Qatar's Crown Prince, Tamin bin Hamad al-Thani took place at the Elysée Palace on November 23, 2010. Also in attendance was UEFA president Michel Platini.

A month later Qatar, the state with the highest GDP per head of population in the world thanks to its gas reserves, shocked the world to win the right to host the 2022 World Cup finals, helped by Platini's vote."

'I voted completely independently for a region that has never before hosted the World Cup and not because Sarkozy asked me to,' insists Platini.

Shortly afterwards, Platini's lawyer son, Laurent, started work for Qatar Sports Investments. And in July 2011, the takeover of PSG by Qatar Sports Investment was completed.

'I don't think there's any doubt that the acquisition of PSG was part of a larger deal, in which the French, including Platini, supported the World Cup bid,' said James Dorsey, Senior Fellow at Singapore's Nanyang Technical University and an expert on football in the Middle East.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2013 10:34]

I hate signatures

Qatar 2022 moved on 10:35 - Sep 27 with 5459 viewswr72

So rather than Blatter and Platini returning the millions and millions of pounds they recieved from Qatari kings and princes,they're now going to ruin nearly every domestic league in the world for a season instead.
Qatar 2022 moved on 11:23 - Sep 27 with 5395 viewsSwansNZ

Qatar 2022 moved on 09:57 - Sep 27 by Joe_bradshaw

Mmm, I can't think of any reason
$$$$$$$$$$

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Qatar 2022 moved on 16:21 - Sep 27 with 5219 viewsepaul

Qatar 2022 moved on 10:28 - Sep 27 by Laudrup

Allegedly the French UEFA President Michel Platini gave Qatar UEFA's vote in return of Qatar's royal family out of nowhere investing heavily in Paris Saint-Germain and other French companies and French charity projects + Platini's lawyer son, Laurent, started work for Qatar Sports Investments.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2301694/Backed-Qatars-billions

"The tale of the takeover of Paris St Germain by Qatar Sports Investments, a subsidiary of the Qatari Al-Thani royal family's investment vehicle, the Qatar Investment Authority, is well recorded: a meeting with then President Sarkozy and Qatar's Crown Prince, Tamin bin Hamad al-Thani took place at the Elysée Palace on November 23, 2010. Also in attendance was UEFA president Michel Platini.

A month later Qatar, the state with the highest GDP per head of population in the world thanks to its gas reserves, shocked the world to win the right to host the 2022 World Cup finals, helped by Platini's vote."

'I voted completely independently for a region that has never before hosted the World Cup and not because Sarkozy asked me to,' insists Platini.

Shortly afterwards, Platini's lawyer son, Laurent, started work for Qatar Sports Investments. And in July 2011, the takeover of PSG by Qatar Sports Investment was completed.

'I don't think there's any doubt that the acquisition of PSG was part of a larger deal, in which the French, including Platini, supported the World Cup bid,' said James Dorsey, Senior Fellow at Singapore's Nanyang Technical University and an expert on football in the Middle East.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2013 10:34]

Platini is just a bitter c*nt because the prem is the most envied league in the world, he'd do anything to change that

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Qatar 2022 moved on 21:35 - Sep 27 with 5054 viewsBloodyhills

Qatar 2022 moved on 13:30 - Sep 19 by longlostjack

Why can't all major footballing nations dump FIFA and set up an alternative organisation to run the World Cup?

Yeah, FIFA are corrupt as hell. Must have been some huge back handers to get the Finals in Qatar, in the summer!! I think it was Australia who missed out.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Qatar 2022 moved on 22:52 - Sep 27 with 4980 viewsNOTRAC

One certainty for sure, Wales won't be part of it!

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024