Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA 19:01 - Dec 20 with 630 viewsDavillin

Standard & Poors have cut the EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping the UK's at AAA.

These are very meaningful to the UK.

Although this article more-or-less stresses the EU part, it's still a good read ->

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/eu-39-credit-rating-downgraded-p-aa-102944733.html#dQHX

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 19:09 - Dec 20 with 621 viewsItchySphincter

I thought we'd already lost our triple A status last time around.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 19:55 - Dec 20 with 603 viewsrockin

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 19:09 - Dec 20 by ItchySphincter

I believe they put us on 'negative watch' - but left it there.
S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 15:46 - Dec 21 with 570 viewsDavillin

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 19:09 - Dec 20 by ItchySphincter

The UK did lose their AAA rating with the other rating organizations some time ago, but S&P kept it then as now. and S&P does have more clout.

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 17:28 - Dec 21 with 544 viewsrockin

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 15:46 - Dec 21 by Davillin

The UK did lose their AAA rating with the other rating organizations some time ago, but S&P kept it then as now. and S&P does have more clout.

I believe it's quite possible we'll be back up to star rating soon and I read this in the guardian!
S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 17:32 - Dec 21 with 540 viewsexiledclaseboy

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 17:28 - Dec 21 by rockin

I believe it's quite possible we'll be back up to star rating soon and I read this in the guardian!

Break out the bunting. I'll console myself when going through my sixth straight year with no pay rise with the thought that we're going to get some star rating or other.

Poll: Tory leader

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 17:35 - Dec 21 with 539 viewsrockin

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 17:32 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

Break out the bunting. I'll console myself when going through my sixth straight year with no pay rise with the thought that we're going to get some star rating or other.

Yes but didn't the original agreement occur between labour and the unions?

If you want to blame anyone, blame Gordon Brown for spending like a drunk and not taxing accordingly.

If he hadn't have done that there wouldn't have been anywhere near the pain now.
S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 17:39 - Dec 21 with 537 viewsexiledclaseboy

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 17:35 - Dec 21 by rockin

If you want to blame anyone, blame Gordon Brown for spending like a drunk and not taxing accordingly.

If he hadn't have done that there wouldn't have been anywhere near the pain now.

What agreement are you referring to?

Poll: Tory leader

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 17:56 - Dec 21 with 525 viewsrockin

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 17:39 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

What agreement are you referring to?

Darling prior to the election agreed a pay freeze with unions, it was obviously maintained. I think the coalition have stretched it out further and I for one don't relish this prospect - but sadly and I say that genuinely it's the only way to save further job losses.
Login to get fewer ads

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 17:59 - Dec 21 with 522 viewsPhil_S

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 17:32 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

My salary has gone up £20k in the last six years

I love the private sector...

This post has been edited by an administrator
S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 17:59 - Dec 21 with 522 viewsGlyn1

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 17:35 - Dec 21 by rockin

Absolute rubbish. Our spending levels were average for west European countries, and were all financed on long-term low-interest deals.

If you want to cut a deficit, then get people back to work so you don't have to pay them unemployment benefit and they start paying taxes out of their wage. The country wins both ways. Taxing companies like Amazon would also be nice.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 18:01 - Dec 21 with 512 viewsrockin

Get people back to work?

What the hell do you think is happening?

We have one of the lowest rates of unemployment in the developed World - we're doing fine on this score.

We have a massive STRUCTURAL deficit you need to understand this. This has to be paid for and that does not happen by ballooning the State!!!
S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 19:21 - Dec 21 with 478 viewsGlyn1

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 18:01 - Dec 21 by rockin

Get people back to work?

We have one of the lowest rates of unemployment in the developed World - we're doing fine on this score.

We have a massive STRUCTURAL deficit you need to understand this. This has to be paid for and that does not happen by ballooning the State!!!

"The problem is structural" ? You mean that we're spending too much money on senior citizens and the unemployed?

Borrow money while the rate of interest is just about zero, and then use it to build houses, roads, hospitals. Tax the workers and then pay the money back when things are better.

I don't know of any other country that wants to copy our government's policies, not even the Americans.

I'm not posting again on this thread. I'll be happy to continue reading what you say.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 00:10 - Dec 22 with 440 viewsLord_Bony

So triple A means we get the best deals for our mind blowing borrowing...good news

Our cousins across the pond have been down graded since 2011 though.

Countries like Spain,Portugal Greece with the lowest ratings pay the highest interest because they got no money...funny that innit.?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 11:17 - Dec 22 with 409 viewsCottsy

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 18:01 - Dec 21 by rockin

Get people back to work?

Doing fine my hairy @rse.

We may have a low rate of unemployment but the problem is more of those jobs are low paid, part-time or zero hour jobs. And most of them are being filled by people who used to be in well paid full time jobs.

Average hourly wages have reduced by 5.5% since 2010, one of the worst in Europe, more than 60% of the people officially classed as living in poverty in the UK today are in work and wages have fallen in real terms for every month but one since David Cameron came to office.

We're doing fine though, 1% growth.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 11:21 - Dec 22 with 407 viewsrockin

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 11:17 - Dec 22 by Cottsy

Doing fine my hairy @rse.

We may have a low rate of unemployment but the problem is more of those jobs are low paid, part-time or zero hour jobs. And most of them are being filled by people who used to be in well paid full time jobs.

Average hourly wages have reduced by 5.5% since 2010, one of the worst in Europe, more than 60% of the people officially classed as living in poverty in the UK today are in work and wages have fallen in real terms for every month but one since David Cameron came to office.

We're doing fine though, 1% growth.

Again I'm sorry I know you've probably been reading left wing publications and taken those opinions as gospel.

But since the coalition have been in power 1.2m more are in work and of those new jobs 70% ...... yes 70% are FT.

So therefore over 800k.
S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 12:16 - Dec 22 with 387 viewsCottsy

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 11:21 - Dec 22 by rockin

Again I'm sorry I know you've probably been reading left wing publications and taken those opinions as gospel.

But since the coalition have been in power 1.2m more are in work and of those new jobs 70% ...... yes 70% are FT.

So therefore over 800k.

And is there a reliable source for that 70% figure other than Cameron saying so at PMQs? Because we all know how ministers in this government like to give inaccurate and misleading statistics to parliament.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 13:15 - Dec 22 with 370 viewsrockin

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 12:16 - Dec 22 by Cottsy

And is there a reliable source for that 70% figure other than Cameron saying so at PMQs? Because we all know how ministers in this government like to give inaccurate and misleading statistics to parliament.

ONS - please don't ask me to go trawling. Cameron has never said that, he prefers the over 1m jobs created soundbite.

I used to be of a similar view thinking they must be crap jobs, that was true post the collapse but certainly not now. I follow these matters, I'm not making it up to suit my agenda or anything.

Many are very high paid skilled jobs

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2013-12-02/news/44658652_1_manufact

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/10523183/Export-orders-push-UK-manu
[Post edited 22 Dec 2013 13:15]
S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 01:05 - Dec 23 with 337 viewsDavillin

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 11:21 - Dec 22 by rockin

So therefore over 800k.

Boy, I wish we had that ratio of new full time jobs to population over here!

Unless you follow U.S. news somewhat carefully - and in a neutral publication - you have no idea of how bad it is over here, and will continue to be for an indefinite period of time.

Count your blessings.

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 01:19 - Dec 23 with 331 viewsLord_Bony

Will 2014 be the year for the collapse of the dollar or the Euro?

*plays The Twighlight Zone*

Could be....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 11:46 - Dec 23 with 309 viewsrockin

S&P cuts EU credit rating to AA+ while keeping UK at AAA on 01:05 - Dec 23 by Davillin

Boy, I wish we had that ratio of new full time jobs to population over here!

Unless you follow U.S. news somewhat carefully - and in a neutral publication - you have no idea of how bad it is over here, and will continue to be for an indefinite period of time.

Count your blessings.

Is it true you have record numbers leaving the labour market Dav?

Employment levels seem low out there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024