Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chico 12:11 - May 18 with 7877 viewsRogueTrooper

He's had some nightmare moments this season, but I personally would like to see him stay, he has popped up with a few goals, some of his tackles have been sublime, and I want players with passion in the team. I think he'll have learned from this season and will come back stronger.

I think I may be in a minority, but if you cut out the rolling around and the occasional red mist, there is one hell of a footballer there as well as being a tidy bloke off the field.

And I'm sure Garry doesn't hold a grudge either

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Chico on 12:14 - May 18 with 4330 viewsJackfath

Agreed.

I don't think we're yet at the stage where we can "get rid" of players of his ability on a whim.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Chico on 12:18 - May 18 with 4312 viewsDr_Winston

You'd have to be a complete idiot not to appreciate that, moments of lunacy aside, Chico possesses a level of technical ability above anything else we've got at CB. It's controlling that lunacy that we need to get a grip on.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chico on 12:22 - May 18 with 4297 viewsAl_Bundy

Fine lines.. his moments of lunacy have cost us matches and unsettling our back four with his bans.

He is two extremes.. plays very well or just implodes.
Chico on 12:38 - May 18 with 4254 viewsLord_Bony

He s a cracking player when he behaves but two red cards in a five week period towards the end is not good at all.

He really needs to have a word with himself over the summer hols.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Chico on 12:39 - May 18 with 4249 viewsRogueTrooper

Chico on 12:22 - May 18 by Al_Bundy

Fine lines.. his moments of lunacy have cost us matches and unsettling our back four with his bans.

He is two extremes.. plays very well or just implodes.

You have to take into account his goals and some of his last ditch tackles, he's won us more points than he's lost. Although, he has got to get a grip of his play acting for me.

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Chico on 12:39 - May 18 with 4247 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chico on 12:38 - May 18 by Lord_Bony

He s a cracking player when he behaves but two red cards in a five week period towards the end is not good at all.

He really needs to have a word with himself over the summer hols.

Well I don't think it's fair to blame him for the first of those reds. Took it for the team

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Chico on 13:06 - May 18 with 4197 viewsDrizzy

Nice to see his apologists out in force on this lovely Sunday afternoon. He's wildly inconsistent and you'd have to completely brain dead to ignore the impact his f*ck ups had on us this season. The fact that we'd have to "control" a 27 year old centre half's "lunacy" is absurd. Looks like we'll have to put up with him for another season but I imagine he'll be swiftly upgraded after that.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Chico on 13:08 - May 18 with 4192 viewsexiledclaseboy

Chico on 13:06 - May 18 by Drizzy

Nice to see his apologists out in force on this lovely Sunday afternoon. He's wildly inconsistent and you'd have to completely brain dead to ignore the impact his f*ck ups had on us this season. The fact that we'd have to "control" a 27 year old centre half's "lunacy" is absurd. Looks like we'll have to put up with him for another season but I imagine he'll be swiftly upgraded after that.

Can't disagree with this. He became a liability at times last season.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Chico on 13:10 - May 18 with 4185 viewsC_jack

He is who he is, you can't change him without changing the player. Give me an on-form Chico over many a CB in this league. Sometimes he makes a mistake, so what, name one player in the league who doesn't.
[Post edited 18 May 2014 13:10]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Chico on 13:17 - May 18 with 4161 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chico on 13:10 - May 18 by C_jack

He is who he is, you can't change him without changing the player. Give me an on-form Chico over many a CB in this league. Sometimes he makes a mistake, so what, name one player in the league who doesn't.
[Post edited 18 May 2014 13:10]

Yes. The trouble is some make mistakes but they are above criticism because they don't wear their hair in a ponytail . There will never be an united front on Chico but I think it's been en vogue to criticize him this year . One was more reckless last season and was a hero to most!

Chico on 13:21 - May 18 with 4146 viewsCooperman

It's a 'keep' from me. Round off some of those rough edges (his play acting side) and we have someone who can tackle, has passion, knows how to defend, and is an all round genuine guy.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Chico on 13:23 - May 18 with 4138 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chico on 13:21 - May 18 by Cooperman

It's a 'keep' from me. Round off some of those rough edges (his play acting side) and we have someone who can tackle, has passion, knows how to defend, and is an all round genuine guy.

Excellently put. Our club needs characters like him

Chico on 14:13 - May 18 with 4073 viewsJokeren1943

He clearly has the talent to become one of the best central defenders in the Premier League. But he keep being a major liability (simply a part of his game).

Being the last defense before our goalkeeper, as CB need to be solid and Chico is sadly not.

Swansea should go for another CB (and sell Chico).
Chico on 14:17 - May 18 with 4059 viewsDrizzy

What's easier...

Keeping a leash on Chico (who has a proven track record of idiocy throughout his career) and justifying his faults by the handful of great games he plays per season. For every other game rely on Ash and others to clean up after him.

OR

Bringing along Amat, a player who has the potential to be as technically sound as Chico sans the lunacy, by playing him alongside Ash and teaching him the finer arts of defending in this league. Yes he'll make rookie mistakes but after a season we could well have a player as polished as Chico but without the penchant for gamesmanship and ad-hoc masonry work in car parks.

Chico on 14:25 - May 18 with 4027 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chico on 14:17 - May 18 by Drizzy

What's easier...

Keeping a leash on Chico (who has a proven track record of idiocy throughout his career) and justifying his faults by the handful of great games he plays per season. For every other game rely on Ash and others to clean up after him.

OR

Bringing along Amat, a player who has the potential to be as technically sound as Chico sans the lunacy, by playing him alongside Ash and teaching him the finer arts of defending in this league. Yes he'll make rookie mistakes but after a season we could well have a player as polished as Chico but without the penchant for gamesmanship and ad-hoc masonry work in car parks.

As much as I like Amat he has nowhere near the technical ability of Chico potentially or otherwise. It's not something you can teach, either a player has it or doesn't
[Post edited 18 May 2014 14:42]

Chico on 14:29 - May 18 with 4014 viewsStarsky

Chico on 13:06 - May 18 by Drizzy

Any of you apologists who put Chico's antics first before the good name of Swansea City should think again.
When he went down holding his face against WHU and big Sam was laughing at him. I was embarrassed for SWansea City.
some of you refer to his character? All I see is a 27 year old cheat who acts & tweets like a 16 year old.
talented yes. if he was 21 we could work on him.
Latest report from Monk was that Chico had recently ruled HIMSELF out for selection with an injured toe. Nuff said.

It's just the internet, init.

Chico on 14:29 - May 18 with 4012 viewsDr_Winston

Chico on 14:25 - May 18 by Brynmill_Jack

As much as I like Amat he has nowhere near the technical ability of Chico potentially or otherwise. It's not something you can teach, either a player has it or doesn't

In fairness to Newps, it's not easy to notice stuff like that via internet streams.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chico on 14:32 - May 18 with 4000 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chico on 14:29 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

In fairness to Newps, it's not easy to notice stuff like that via internet streams.

Too true. The train fare must be hellish from Newport to here.

Chico on 14:32 - May 18 with 3997 viewsDrizzy

Chico on 14:25 - May 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Eh? It's definitely something you can teach. Chico is not some kind of Zidane either. He's a good passer and has a good first touch for a centre half. Hardly the traits of the footballing demigod he's portrayed as when he's on form. Amat is comfortable on the ball and does everything a centre half needs to do with the ball in this team. The ability to do step overs isn't a necessity.

Chico on 14:34 - May 18 with 3985 viewsStarsky

Chico on 14:32 - May 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Too true. The train fare must be hellish from Newport to here.

Be as smug as you like BJ with your retorts but you referring to Chico and wanting more characters like him is beyond laughable. What fecking character does Chico have then?

Chico on 14:34 - May 18 with 3982 viewsC_jack

Chico on 14:17 - May 18 by Drizzy

What's easier...

OR

Or keep both, who's to say Amat can't learn just as much from Chico as he would Williams. After all the consensus is that Chico is an outstanding defender, just a bit eccentric. Williams is hardly immune from howlers himself.

Chico on 14:36 - May 18 with 3969 viewsStarsky

Chico on 14:34 - May 18 by C_jack

Or keep both, who's to say Amat can't learn just as much from Chico as he would Williams. After all the consensus is that Chico is an outstanding defender, just a bit eccentric. Williams is hardly immune from howlers himself.

Feck me. I've never seen Williams roll around the pitch like big girl. Have some pride for your team ffs

Chico on 14:36 - May 18 with 3968 viewsDrizzy

Classic Jobs. Always makes it personal. I know you're a nursing a perpetual semi for Flores but try to ignore the discomfort in the fly of your pinstripe trousers when viewing analysing his substandard performances this season.

Chico on 14:40 - May 18 with 3948 viewsStarsky

I'm surprised that for someone who disapproved of Trundle's persona, that you defend Chico's. Just an observation

Chico on 14:40 - May 18 with 3943 viewsC_jack

Chico on 14:36 - May 18 by Starsky

Feck me. I've never seen Williams roll around the pitch like big girl. Have some pride for your team ffs

No but I have seen him stomp his feet like a big girl when something doesn't go his way.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024