Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caerphilly 21:03 - Jan 21 with 2466 viewsbuilthjack

I was there today and saw quite a few people wearing Swans coats, not bad for a place just up the road from Cardiff, then I went to Llantrisant and spoke to a guy who is a season ticket holder with us, as is his brother. I had to go to Cwmbran after that and yes, even spotted a couple of kids with Swans trackie tops on. I guess they like a bit of class.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Caerphilly on 21:10 - Jan 21 with 2428 viewsQuakerJack

They like the premier league. But that's to be expected. Long may it continue.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Caerphilly on 21:18 - Jan 21 with 2388 viewsjack_lord

Don't know what it is about Cwmbran but I have been seeing people in Swans tops for years there.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Caerphilly on 22:46 - Jan 21 with 2194 viewsMillie

Llantrisant was quite a stronghold in the 80's used to pick up and drop off some good boys there
Caerphilly on 10:55 - Jan 22 with 1949 viewsRichythejack

Caerphilly on 21:18 - Jan 21 by jack_lord

Don't know what it is about Cwmbran but I have been seeing people in Swans tops for years there.

I am from Cwmbran and expanding the JACK ARMY every day!!!!

Poll: Should Darran be banned from the forums?

Caerphilly on 13:32 - Jan 22 with 1841 viewsbargoedjack

And then there's some of us that moved East to find work - happened to me in the 80s and happens today to others.

It was easy brainwashing my son into supporting the Swans too ... days as a nipper on the North Bank helped and then in his early teens when they were battling to stay in the league, followed by the arrival of Mr Trundle, honestly what other team could a lad exposed to that support.

And the closest alternative team in these parts is just repulsive ... who could fall in love with THAT????
Caerphilly on 13:36 - Jan 22 with 1829 viewsacejack3065

It's not all rosy though. There are people on Anus' forum that still swear blind over Gorseinon being a bluebirds stronghold.

Every now and then they wheel out the story of a guy in a bluebirds shirt there like the footballing equivalent of a sighting of Sasquatch.
Caerphilly (n/t) on 13:40 - Jan 22 with 1818 viewsjackharris

Caerphilly on 13:36 - Jan 22 by acejack3065

It's not all rosy though. There are people on Anus' forum that still swear blind over Gorseinon being a bluebirds stronghold.

Every now and then they wheel out the story of a guy in a bluebirds shirt there like the footballing equivalent of a sighting of Sasquatch.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Caerphilly on 13:41 - Jan 22 with 1815 viewsbargoedjack

Caerphilly on 13:36 - Jan 22 by acejack3065

Just goes to show there's fools in every part of the world ...
Login to get fewer ads

Caerphilly (n/t) on 13:50 - Jan 22 with 1800 viewsjackharris

Caerphilly (n/t) on 13:40 - Jan 22 by jackharris

As a Gorse boy the idea that Gorseinon is anything Cardiff is hysterical. There is one Cardiff supporter I know of. If there are any others they make sure they don't show it.

Case in point is the sheer numbers of Gorse boys who have season tickets and looking at the Gorseinon pubs on match days. The likes of the Bug, Brighton Road, Globe, Kings, Garden Village Football club are rammed when we are playing (Away, especially) and they are able to show the games live.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

Caerphilly on 13:56 - Jan 22 with 1783 viewsjackharris

I have a Swans fan mate who moved up to Cwmbran to work and he tries to watch us when he can. He went to the Villa home game and has 2 tickets for the Sunderland game.

Caerphilly on 14:23 - Jan 22 with 1736 viewsSweyns_Eye

Sighting of Swans shirts close to Cardiff could become more common the longer we stay in the Premier League and especially if CCFC lie in the doldrums in the lower leagues. It could become quite unpleasant viewing for the old timer bluebirds.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Caerphilly on 14:54 - Jan 22 with 1693 viewscontroversial_jack

Norseman that well know face was from Cwmbran. Don't see him these days, probably banned.
Caerphilly on 14:56 - Jan 22 with 1689 viewsLord_Bony

I always get a look of disgust when I wear my black Adidas swans jacket, which I love,from some men in Queen St,

May I add it s not recommended and I only do it when my wife and kids are with me...

[Post edited 23 Jan 2015 0:17]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Caerphilly (n/t) on 14:58 - Jan 22 with 1684 viewsacejack3065

Caerphilly (n/t) on 13:50 - Jan 22 by jackharris

As a Gorse boy the idea that Gorseinon is anything Cardiff is hysterical. There is one Cardiff supporter I know of. If there are any others they make sure they don't show it.

Case in point is the sheer numbers of Gorse boys who have season tickets and looking at the Gorseinon pubs on match days. The likes of the Bug, Brighton Road, Globe, Kings, Garden Village Football club are rammed when we are playing (Away, especially) and they are able to show the games live.

I've lived in Gorseinon and Loughor for all but 2 years of my life and I've never seen anyone walking around in Cardiff City apparel.

the Globe is the nearest pub to my house and I watched a few away games in there last year and the year before. I got quite a bit carried away in there when we beat QPR 5-0. Good times.
Caerphilly on 16:21 - Jan 22 with 1605 viewsJBT95

Caerphilly on 14:23 - Jan 22 by Sweyns_Eye

Sighting of Swans shirts close to Cardiff could become more common the longer we stay in the Premier League and especially if CCFC lie in the doldrums in the lower leagues. It could become quite unpleasant viewing for the old timer bluebirds.

I have seen a few people over the years wearing Swans shirts in Newport centre, and around the city including one guy cycling with a Swans hat.

Less and less big clubs here all the time, see a lot of Newport County now which is great.
Caerphilly on 16:58 - Jan 22 with 1572 viewsTheArtChappy

There's 2 blokes I know of who support them in the gorseinon/Loughor area. A big bloke with dreadlocks, with a boy who my son used to play against in football.
Alo a cardiffian in his 50's who's always supported them.
I did see a little boy in my local shop a few years ago, he told everyone he was off to watch cardiff. Ha ha should have seen his mother's face they left rather quickly.

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

Caerphilly on 23:50 - Jan 22 with 1386 viewsEdmundo

Never seen any in Bluebirds down my way (Birchgrove/Llansamlet) area.

And definitely not where i am originally from -Loughor!

I did see one last year down Folly Farm, was an old Cardiff shirt (was a car auction site sponsor)

Have lived in Bridgend and yes there were loads up there, which figures (closer to cardiff)

Once saw one on holiday in Greece, he was as surprised as me as I walked into a footy bar in my Swans shirt. Was quite a reasonable guy too.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Caerphilly (n/t) on 23:57 - Jan 22 with 1382 viewsowainglyndwr

Caerphilly (n/t) on 14:58 - Jan 22 by acejack3065

I've lived in Gorseinon and Loughor for all but 2 years of my life and I've never seen anyone walking around in Cardiff City apparel.

the Globe is the nearest pub to my house and I watched a few away games in there last year and the year before. I got quite a bit carried away in there when we beat QPR 5-0. Good times.

There are about 4 boys in their 50's
One is a bloke Wayne with a Cardiff tatoo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024