Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prince Harry calls for National Service 11:09 - May 17 with 2481 viewsskippyjack

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-harry/11610690/Prince-Harry-calls-

what do the old guard think about this?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 11:45 - May 17 with 1620 viewsLohengrin

There are quite a few on here who have expressed a desire to see the return of some form of national service. It doesn't necessarily have to be military service, that's not for everybody, but some sort of eighteen month character building initiative certainly wouldn't go amiss.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 14:33 - May 17 with 1558 viewsperchrockjack

Character the key word.lot of kids simply haven't any

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 16:44 - May 17 with 1482 viewsLohengrin

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 14:33 - May 17 by perchrockjack

Character the key word.lot of kids simply haven't any

That's the Welare State for you.

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 16:59 - May 17 with 1461 viewsperchrockjack

No, it's the fact kids have their head buried and their fingers permanently on their mobile.

Many unable to converse .

The kids are crying and their brains are frying in this loveless age

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 17:07 - May 17 with 1454 viewsKilkennyjack

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 11:45 - May 17 by Lohengrin

There are quite a few on here who have expressed a desire to see the return of some form of national service. It doesn't necessarily have to be military service, that's not for everybody, but some sort of eighteen month character building initiative certainly wouldn't go amiss.

I agree. Respect is vital.

Beware of the Risen People

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 17:12 - May 17 with 1447 viewsperchrockjack

That include those who vote Tory ,killkenny

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 17:22 - May 17 with 1434 viewsJackfath

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 17:07 - May 17 by Kilkennyjack

I agree. Respect is vital.

Well said.

*stands up and gives a rousing round of applause*

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 17:55 - May 17 with 1404 viewssherpajacob

As if prince harry of wales's army service bore any resemblance to what national service woukd be like for the rest of us.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 18:02 - May 17 with 1397 viewsjackonicko

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 17:55 - May 17 by sherpajacob

As if prince harry of wales's army service bore any resemblance to what national service woukd be like for the rest of us.

Indeed. Prince Harry went and fought a, you know, actual war.

I think national service could look a little easy in comparison.
Prince Harry calls for National Service on 18:03 - May 17 with 1396 viewsHumpty

Heh! Had exactly the same thought.

And a load of old men who didn't fancy joining the army themselves but think young people should be forced to.

Laughable.
Prince Harry calls for National Service on 18:23 - May 17 with 1377 viewsLohengrin

You've not served, have you?

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 18:25 - May 17 with 1374 viewsHumpty

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 18:23 - May 17 by Lohengrin

You've not served, have you?

No, though I know you have.
Prince Harry calls for National Service on 18:28 - May 17 with 1363 viewsLohengrin

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 18:25 - May 17 by Humpty

No, though I know you have.

Well take it from me that the cadets at Sandhurst, and Harry was one, have an absolute outing during basic. His social rank wouldn't have helped him one bit there. The boy's paid his dues.

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 18:32 - May 17 with 1352 viewsHumpty

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 18:28 - May 17 by Lohengrin

Well take it from me that the cadets at Sandhurst, and Harry was one, have an absolute outing during basic. His social rank wouldn't have helped him one bit there. The boy's paid his dues.

I'm not suggesting otherwise.

Though I don't believe his experience would be what conscripted kids could expect.
Prince Harry calls for National Service on 18:40 - May 17 with 1337 viewsLohengrin

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 18:32 - May 17 by Humpty

I'm not suggesting otherwise.

Though I don't believe his experience would be what conscripted kids could expect.

What are your expectations then? For yourself, I mean? If you were to be drafted next week what do you imagine you'd facing in the next six months?

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 18:46 - May 17 with 1330 viewsJackfath

Why should the Army (or similar) have to deal with these reprobates?

If it is to happen (I am yet to be convinced it would work) then there needs to be a separate and distinct place for this to happen. Similar to Borstal.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 18:55 - May 17 with 1319 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I am with the royals on this one .

It's time to bring it back , get some dicipline back into the country .

Labour should have used this

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 18:55 - May 17 with 1318 viewsHumpty

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 18:40 - May 17 by Lohengrin

What are your expectations then? For yourself, I mean? If you were to be drafted next week what do you imagine you'd facing in the next six months?

Peeling spuds and shooting Germans with my Lee Enfield. That type of stuff.
Prince Harry calls for National Service on 19:07 - May 17 with 1299 viewsKilkennyjack

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 17:12 - May 17 by perchrockjack

That include those who vote Tory ,killkenny

Yes mate - be real good for them to appreciate some other values - apart from those of greed, selfishness, corruption, hostility to vulnerable people, isolationism, sexism, incompetence, and elitism. Yes - it would probably do them some good.

Beware of the Risen People

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 19:37 - May 17 with 1268 viewsperchrockjack

How about cup and up voters.

I take it your values are what is correct and others are basically trash in some way.

Take a look around and yiu ll see plenty out of sink with your views.

They are, in the grand scheme of things ,very much minority.

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 19:55 - May 17 with 1257 viewsScoobyWho

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 11:45 - May 17 by Lohengrin

If people are walking away every week with benefits and all manner of free housing, council tax reductions etc they should be enrolled in a programme of community service returning to the tax payer some form of repayment. The amount of money saved would put the country well back in its feet. How many skilled people are unemployed and out of the game ? It's an idea. And maybe yes, two years service in a military ( ish ) environment, rewarding folk with work skills, education and lifeskills too that they otherwise wouldn't have.

I am sure there are many disabled people who could come up with their own ideas for the disability they have to get involved too, the rewards could be huge in bringing People together who would normally be alone as well. Many positives, and not many negatives.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 20:07 - May 17 with 1244 viewsperchrockjack

There again, why should the army have to cover this dross.

I've know countless self confessed hard man none of whom face a war situation or indeed hand to hand combat in a dark dangerous place.

I've had the pleasure of working with ex army officers who have nearly all of whom never shouted the odds.

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 21:24 - May 17 with 1195 viewsScoobyWho

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 20:07 - May 17 by perchrockjack

There again, why should the army have to cover this dross.

I've know countless self confessed hard man none of whom face a war situation or indeed hand to hand combat in a dark dangerous place.

I've had the pleasure of working with ex army officers who have nearly all of whom never shouted the odds.

Exactly, so give them roles more in line with their ability.
Doesn't have to be the military services.
There's a big community that they live in.
[Post edited 17 May 2015 21:25]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 21:31 - May 17 with 1178 viewsLohengrin

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 18:55 - May 17 by Humpty

Peeling spuds and shooting Germans with my Lee Enfield. That type of stuff.

I missed out on that by a generation or so; my lot were training to shoot Slavs instead.

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 21:33 - May 17 with 1171 viewslifelong

Prince Harry calls for National Service on 21:24 - May 17 by ScoobyWho

Exactly, so give them roles more in line with their ability.
Doesn't have to be the military services.
There's a big community that they live in.
[Post edited 17 May 2015 21:25]

What the young people of this country want is jobs, not national service.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024