Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being realistic 12:35 - Aug 1 with 1934 viewsshandyjack

We have not sold anyone we haven't wanted to. Out of the links for Fab,FF,Ash,Siggy and Ayew, i think we will only lose 1 of them(Ayew), we still have 2 weeks till season starts and 4 till end of the window.
We have been under new ownership for 2 weeks with a lot of turmoill around it.
Are things ideal, clearly not, are we doing less business than others at our level (no)
It has been a slow window for all teams in the league except Utd,Liverpool and City.
Lets give the new owners and Huw a chance to F up before we automatically assume they will/have.
The squad we have is good enough to finish 12th, as shown last year, lose Ayew bring in 2 CF's and we should be comfortable again.
That’s not to say I’m not concerned but all the scaremongering and panicking is doing any no good

Poll: Expectation for the season

Being realistic on 13:41 - Aug 1 with 1284 viewsClinton

Hear, hear! Well put.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Being realistic on 13:51 - Aug 1 with 1252 viewswhiterock

Being realistic on 13:41 - Aug 1 by Clinton

Hear, hear! Well put.

Happy if we don't lose any one, not counting the ones we didn't want as they wouldn't have got in the team anyway

Would be happy with two signings and I for one am looking forward to a full season out of Leroy Fer
Being realistic on 13:56 - Aug 1 with 1227 viewsLandore_Jack

Oh FFS! Wake up mun!

Gomis , Eder and Poloschi have left the club. We have one senior striker in McBurnie. The new season is 2 weeks away and any new additions will have missed pre-season. They will take time to settle in.

The squad struggled last season and clearly needs strengthening. HJ has failed to achieve this. Recruitment last season was a shambles and is a shambles now. Questions need answering. We have stood still in the transfer market whilst other clubs have strengthened.

Curt said last week he and the players are frustrated. Turn the blinkers off mun!
[Post edited 1 Aug 2016 14:01]

#backtojack

Being realistic on 13:59 - Aug 1 with 1217 viewscostalotta

Being realistic on 13:56 - Aug 1 by Landore_Jack

Oh FFS! Wake up mun!

Gomis , Eder and Poloschi have left the club. We have one senior striker in McBurnie. The new season is 2 weeks away and any new additions will have missed pre-season. They will take time to settle in.

The squad struggled last season and clearly needs strengthening. HJ has failed to achieve this. Recruitment last season was a shambles and is a shambles now. Questions need answering. We have stood still in the transfer market whilst other clubs have strengthened.

Curt said last week he and the players are frustrated. Turn the blinkers off mun!

Is the right answer!

Some of our fans are thick... Like sheep they follow the sheep in front! And repeat Bah bah!
Being realistic on 14:01 - Aug 1 with 1201 viewsParsSwans

Well said Landore Jack as I said previous in another post our planning has been abysmal no strategy for whatever eventuality not concerned by the nonsense in press about players leaving but seriously alarmed that there is no improvement on last years squad after the statement from chairman stating they will conduct a full review of what went wrong last season
Being realistic on 14:03 - Aug 1 with 1173 viewsItchySphincter

Oh FFS! Wake up mun!

Is McBurnie considered senior now then? Just wondering.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Being realistic on 14:04 - Aug 1 with 1178 viewsjack247

We also haven't signed anyone we want to sign. All we have done so far is weaken. I've got no truck with moving Gomis or Eder on. I kind of wanted us to bring strikers in though.

If the new board prove me wrong and bring quality in, I'll be more than happy. I'd rather have a competitive squad then be right on a website. I'm not going to hold my breath though
Being realistic on 14:05 - Aug 1 with 1161 viewscostalotta

Being realistic on 14:01 - Aug 1 by ParsSwans

Well said Landore Jack as I said previous in another post our planning has been abysmal no strategy for whatever eventuality not concerned by the nonsense in press about players leaving but seriously alarmed that there is no improvement on last years squad after the statement from chairman stating they will conduct a full review of what went wrong last season

Yes, the REVIEW. Must be waiting for sign off? The only review there's been is the review of the sale of shares contract recently completed and subsequent checking of bank balances of the FANS.
Login to get fewer ads

Being realistic on 14:08 - Aug 1 with 1144 viewsLandore_Jack

Being realistic on 14:03 - Aug 1 by ItchySphincter

As it stands, yes.

#backtojack

Being realistic on 14:13 - Aug 1 with 1123 viewsItchySphincter

We'rein big trouble as it stands. Need fresh blood and soon.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Being realistic on 14:14 - Aug 1 with 1117 viewsCooperman

Being realistic on 14:03 - Aug 1 by ItchySphincter

All things relative.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Being realistic on 16:15 - Aug 1 with 1002 viewsLeonisGod

Oh FFS! Wake up mun!

Gomis we wanted rid
Eder we wanted rid and was on loan away from the club since January anyway
Poloschi is the only unexpected departure

Hardly worth having a hissy fit over. Of course we want to strengthen, and there's plenty of time to do so. Much as it would be nice to have all signings done and dusted by the start of pre-season, it's very rare that's the case. It the same at most clubs in every window.
Being realistic on 16:20 - Aug 1 with 976 viewsshandyjack

Oh FFS! Wake up mun!

did the sqaud struggle though or did the manager struggle. We finished 12th out of 20 remeber, we had a mid season wobble but i never thought we were in much danger of going down if we got the right manager in with our squad.
What other squads have strentghened significantly then? I have not seen much business done by any of the teams outside the big guns.
http://www.premierleague.com/transfers/summer

looking at that there is not much significant business done by many clubs around us as of yet

Being realistic on 16:30 - Aug 1 with 945 viewsjack247

Being realistic on 16:20 - Aug 1 by shandyjack

did the sqaud struggle though or did the manager struggle. We finished 12th out of 20 remeber, we had a mid season wobble but i never thought we were in much danger of going down if we got the right manager in with our squad.
What other squads have strentghened significantly then? I have not seen much business done by any of the teams outside the big guns.

looking at that there is not much significant business done by many clubs around us as of yet

Nobody else is 2 weeks away from the start of the season without a striker
Being realistic on 16:32 - Aug 1 with 927 viewsshandyjack

Being realistic on 16:30 - Aug 1 by jack247

Nobody else is 2 weeks away from the start of the season without a striker

neither are we at the moment if we keep Ayew

Being realistic on 16:36 - Aug 1 with 906 viewsjack247

Being realistic on 16:32 - Aug 1 by shandyjack

neither are we at the moment if we keep Ayew

Yes we are. Ayew is a goalscoring midfielder. We have one recognised striker and he is a youth team prospect who has never played in the league.

Play Ayew up front and you lose his goals from midfield
Being realistic on 16:38 - Aug 1 with 893 viewsLandore_Jack

Being realistic on 16:20 - Aug 1 by shandyjack

Monk and the squad struggled last season. The team improved under Guidolin but there was evidence after then that the squad needed improving. HJ admitted this and you could say the squad is now weaker. Players have left the club have not been replaced.

Yes, we have two weeks left until the season begins but any players brought in will have missed pre-season. It will take a while for those players to settle in. Remember Bony? He struggled in the first 6 months.

Other clubs have strengthened whilst we have become weaker. Recruitment is a shambles and HJ must take responsibility. The players and the staff have become frustrated which Curt admitted last week.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2016 16:44]

#backtojack

Being realistic on 16:46 - Aug 1 with 852 viewsshandyjack

Being realistic on 16:38 - Aug 1 by Landore_Jack

Monk and the squad struggled last season. The team improved under Guidolin but there was evidence after then that the squad needed improving. HJ admitted this and you could say the squad is now weaker. Players have left the club have not been replaced.

Yes, we have two weeks left until the season begins but any players brought in will have missed pre-season. It will take a while for those players to settle in. Remember Bony? He struggled in the first 6 months.

Other clubs have strengthened whilst we have become weaker. Recruitment is a shambles and HJ must take responsibility. The players and the staff have become frustrated which Curt admitted last week.

i stopped reading after the Bony struggled myth came back up

edit: in all seriousness though, we'll get the strikers in we need before too long, i don't believe that other clubs have all strentghtend significantly yet, this season has been no different to our normal business ways. It's frustrating but i just don't see the panic people are in just yet.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2016 16:48]

Being realistic on 16:47 - Aug 1 with 842 viewsLandore_Jack

Being realistic on 16:46 - Aug 1 by shandyjack

edit: in all seriousness though, we'll get the strikers in we need before too long, i don't believe that other clubs have all strentghtend significantly yet, this season has been no different to our normal business ways. It's frustrating but i just don't see the panic people are in just yet.

Well he did struggle in his first 6 months. He was slaughtered by the fans on here. Short memory eh?
[Post edited 1 Aug 2016 16:50]

#backtojack

Being realistic on 16:50 - Aug 1 with 809 viewsshandyjack

Being realistic on 16:47 - Aug 1 by Landore_Jack

Well he did struggle in his first 6 months. He was slaughtered by the fans on here. Short memory eh?
[Post edited 1 Aug 2016 16:50]

no, i just thought the fans who got on his back were mental and that he actually started off well for a new player in a new league, scored in europa league and PL debut

Being realistic on 17:07 - Aug 1 with 764 viewsjack247

Being realistic on 16:46 - Aug 1 by shandyjack

The point is, the clubs that haven't struggled already had strikers. No-one else has weakened. As much as most of us wanted rid of Gomis, there is no use in that unless you spend the money you save on someone else.
Being realistic on 17:09 - Aug 1 with 758 viewsshandyjack

Being realistic on 17:07 - Aug 1 by jack247

The point is, the clubs that haven't struggled already had strikers. No-one else has weakened. As much as most of us wanted rid of Gomis, there is no use in that unless you spend the money you save on someone else.

which we will,our starting line up from the end of last season will be the same as it will start of of this. It shouldn't be but it will be, and that line up is good enough to compete every week, new signings are needed to kick on and they will be brought in before long

Being realistic on 17:11 - Aug 1 with 749 viewsjack247

Being realistic on 17:09 - Aug 1 by shandyjack

which we will,our starting line up from the end of last season will be the same as it will start of of this. It shouldn't be but it will be, and that line up is good enough to compete every week, new signings are needed to kick on and they will be brought in before long

Once that happens I will be happy, I'm sure others on here will be too. For the time being I will remain disappointed but not surprised that we have chosen to weaken our squad rather than improve it.
Being realistic on 17:13 - Aug 1 with 741 viewsbuilthjack

If our first choice players are all fit, and we don't sell any of those, we should be mid table. Add another 2 or 3 decent players and we could be top 8.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Being realistic on 17:13 - Aug 1 with 739 viewsSwan91

Being realistic on 16:38 - Aug 1 by Landore_Jack

"other clubs have strengthened whilst we have become weaker"

not many teams have brought in better players for their team except for the big teams... there are about 10 teams(or even more) in the PL that are in the same position as us. as it stands we have kept everyone we planned on keeping .

take into consideration what guidolin did with this team with little time to use his tactics, get used to the players etc. in that short space of time we ended up in a relatively good position. I have a feeling he will get the team playing well this season with the amount of time he has had to work his tactics on them.

the reason we nearly got into troubl elast season was because of a previous manager with questionable player choices playing a pretty bad formation that didn't help the team at all. we have a great manager who will surely not let that happen this time.

yes we need strikers but i believe until then ayew will do well up front and our wingers/midfielders will also make an impact this season from the looks of the tactics being used in the recent friendlies.

its not an ideal situation but i am going to wait till the end of the transfer window before going crazy, people are being too dramatic right now, lets wait till the results come in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024