Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should the Trust sell their shares? 09:51 - Oct 21 with 2173 viewsLandore_Jack

#backtojack

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 09:53 - Oct 21 with 1764 viewsUxbridge

There is no offer.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 10:02 - Oct 21 with 1750 viewsLandore_Jack

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 09:53 - Oct 21 by Uxbridge

There is no offer.

The trust refused to rule out the selling of shares to Americans if one was offered. Apparently, the Americans did consider purchasing the shares but no offer was made.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 10:04]

#backtojack

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 10:46 - Oct 21 with 1695 viewsUxbridge

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 10:02 - Oct 21 by Landore_Jack

The trust refused to rule out the selling of shares to Americans if one was offered. Apparently, the Americans did consider purchasing the shares but no offer was made.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 10:04]

So, like I said

If there's an offer on the table, it'll be judged on its merits I guess. I'm open minded. However we're limited what can actually do with the funds, and it rather goes against the principle of the Trust.

Either way, a decision for the members.

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 12:56 - Oct 21 with 1610 viewsRancid

So if they did sell would that mean the end of the SCFC Trust? And if so would it make a blind bit of difference if they did?
Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:15 - Oct 21 with 1571 viewsPrivate_Partz

I voted No but I don't undestand why we should sell. Surely this would only be an option if it was certain the club was in free fall and we would be in a position to buy it back. I would think we would be in League One by then.
Hang on to them and have a massive campaign to increase membership and funds would seem a better way forward.
Perhaps we could extend the campaign beyond the supporters and target those who, whilst not supporters, recognise what massive benefits and prestige a premier league side brings to the region.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:23 - Oct 21 with 1541 views3swan

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:15 - Oct 21 by Private_Partz

I voted No but I don't undestand why we should sell. Surely this would only be an option if it was certain the club was in free fall and we would be in a position to buy it back. I would think we would be in League One by then.
Hang on to them and have a massive campaign to increase membership and funds would seem a better way forward.
Perhaps we could extend the campaign beyond the supporters and target those who, whilst not supporters, recognise what massive benefits and prestige a premier league side brings to the region.

If a further shares issue happens in the near future then I doubt if the Trust would have enough money so take up an offer, and nowhere near enough to keep the 21% never mind a push to 25%.

There is no offer from the new 'part' owners, and can't see anyone wanting the Trust shares.

Sadly I can only see a legal outcome, unless the new 'part' owners involve the Trust and start showing some action and not words(even though we've heard very little since the share transfer.
Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:29 - Oct 21 with 1518 viewsSwanzay

Are posters really seriously thinking the Trust should just give up and throw the towel in, feck my eyes!
Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:31 - Oct 21 with 1508 viewsNookiejack

It really depends how the question is asked

Would you sell the shares if you are left as a minority shareholder, could not block special resolutions and therefore could not block a scenario where the Yanks can leverage the assets the club - which would put the circa £20m current value of the Trust's shares in grave danger.
Login to get fewer ads

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:32 - Oct 21 with 1504 viewsDyfnant

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:15 - Oct 21 by Private_Partz

The shares would be virtually worthless in league 1. If somewhere around £20M could possibly be received for the share holding then it's a no brainer. From the yanks point of view though, why bother?

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:35 - Oct 21 with 1493 viewsmorningstar

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:29 - Oct 21 by Swanzay

Are posters really seriously thinking the Trust should just give up and throw the towel in, feck my eyes!

It's called 'live to fight another day'. I still voted no.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:39 - Oct 21 with 1474 viewsUxbridge

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:32 - Oct 21 by Dyfnant

The shares would be virtually worthless in league 1. If somewhere around £20M could possibly be received for the share holding then it's a no brainer. From the yanks point of view though, why bother?

That's the thing I never quite understand ... the money is meaningless in many ways to the Trust. We can't use it for a new Trust helicopter or a Trust villa in Marbella (trust me, I've looked for every loophole ). There's nothing to gain personally from it, so what is the point of selling? We'd lose any influence there could be had. Sure it could be used as a failsafe, but there's a lot that could happen in the interim, and who's to say we ever get to that point? Far better a relevant Trust than one not.

I can get the argument that says that maybe we can't influence things at the club anyway, however I think last night drove a coach and horses through that argument.

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:46 - Oct 21 with 1445 viewsPrivate_Partz

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:32 - Oct 21 by Dyfnant

Thanks for that and a very fair comment. Not sure 20m would buy a Championship side. Unless there is massive debt attached.
I guess it all depends on this share agreement in 2002. Again I am open to correction as I understand very little of this.
I can see this going legal if it all hinges on this. It could be our trump card as the Yanks wont want the courts involved and Huw may very well have to put the Alltwen Towers sale on hold whilst he awaits the outcome.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 13:47]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:52 - Oct 21 with 1414 viewsNookiejack

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:39 - Oct 21 by Uxbridge

That's the thing I never quite understand ... the money is meaningless in many ways to the Trust. We can't use it for a new Trust helicopter or a Trust villa in Marbella (trust me, I've looked for every loophole ). There's nothing to gain personally from it, so what is the point of selling? We'd lose any influence there could be had. Sure it could be used as a failsafe, but there's a lot that could happen in the interim, and who's to say we ever get to that point? Far better a relevant Trust than one not.

I can get the argument that says that maybe we can't influence things at the club anyway, however I think last night drove a coach and horses through that argument.

Depends one day if you want total fan ownership of the club - rather than influence.

It's only a matter of time before we get relegated 1 in 4 chance every season of you take away top clubs - given 3 teams get relegated.

What will happen then?

Yes if the Yanks sell the assets to recoup their investment the Trust will receive 21% of the proceeds.

However is that a risk worth taking if in a scenario they start leveraging the assets of the club putting the value of the Trusts shares significantly at stake.

Why not have the vision of a club locally owned by the fans - not the plaything of others. AFC Wimbledon are making significant progress.

Let's aim for ownership not just influence. Bank the £20m and wait until inevitable relegation - time is on our side.
Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:58 - Oct 21 with 1384 viewsUxbridge

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:52 - Oct 21 by Nookiejack

Depends one day if you want total fan ownership of the club - rather than influence.

It's only a matter of time before we get relegated 1 in 4 chance every season of you take away top clubs - given 3 teams get relegated.

What will happen then?

Yes if the Yanks sell the assets to recoup their investment the Trust will receive 21% of the proceeds.

However is that a risk worth taking if in a scenario they start leveraging the assets of the club putting the value of the Trusts shares significantly at stake.

Why not have the vision of a club locally owned by the fans - not the plaything of others. AFC Wimbledon are making significant progress.

Let's aim for ownership not just influence. Bank the £20m and wait until inevitable relegation - time is on our side.

I'd rather reality than a dream IMO. And a dream that would probably follow a nightmare.

I have no issue with a model where the Trust doesn't have complete ownership. You can't run everything by committee by example. However there must be significant influence, otherwise there's no point. If that's the scenario then I can see your scenario working, however I don't think we're there yet. The ball is in Kaplan and Levien's court.

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 14:00 - Oct 21 with 1369 viewsDyfnant

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:39 - Oct 21 by Uxbridge

Keep the £20M and use it to stop Jerkins & Dumbell from buying the club back when it goes tits up. Could be pretty soon if the current path in followed

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 14:06 - Oct 21 with 1356 viewsNookiejack

The Guardian article suggested that the new articles resulted in the Trust having to sell if the Yanks decided to do so.

So maybe this survey is irrelevant.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/20/swansea-

"In August the club adopted new articles of association, effectively a new constitution, which included elements the trust objects to, including that all shareholders have to sell if Levien and Kaplan do. Sumbler says they were not circulated the proposed new articles."
Should the Trust sell their shares? on 14:16 - Oct 21 with 1338 viewsUxbridge

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 14:06 - Oct 21 by Nookiejack

The Guardian article suggested that the new articles resulted in the Trust having to sell if the Yanks decided to do so.

So maybe this survey is irrelevant.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/20/swansea-

"In August the club adopted new articles of association, effectively a new constitution, which included elements the trust objects to, including that all shareholders have to sell if Levien and Kaplan do. Sumbler says they were not circulated the proposed new articles."

You can see the new Articles at CH. I think you may be referring to the other shareholders who sold their voting rights when signing up to the new SHA.

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 14:20 - Oct 21 with 1324 viewsNookiejack

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 14:16 - Oct 21 by Uxbridge

You can see the new Articles at CH. I think you may be referring to the other shareholders who sold their voting rights when signing up to the new SHA.

So is the Guardian article wrong and that the Trust would not have to sell - if say Chinese made an offer for the Yanks shares under the new articles?
Should the Trust sell their shares? on 14:21 - Oct 21 with 1320 viewsNookiejack

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 14:20 - Oct 21 by Nookiejack

So is the Guardian article wrong and that the Trust would not have to sell - if say Chinese made an offer for the Yanks shares under the new articles?

The Guardian article refers to 'all shareholders'
Should the Trust sell their shares? on 14:23 - Oct 21 with 1315 viewsUxbridge

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 14:20 - Oct 21 by Nookiejack

That is my understanding.The drag along provisions were in the SHA.

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 14:59 - Oct 21 with 1241 viewsClinton

The trusts influence is peripheral, for example manager can be replaced without the trust being consulted.
There is no offer on the table, but the circumstances of the sale may mean there could be legal redress, as per the trust statement. I wonder if the buyers could be forced to make an offer for the Trust shares on the same terms as they offered the other sellers ?
Currently, the exchange rate is very favourable for the Americans, the dollar values of what they paid Jenkins and Co must be much less than they originally budgeted.
The value of the cash to the Trust is that WHEN the club go s belly up under the new regime, the Trust is there to pick up the club as it languishes in league 1.
Ok there's no 'influence' in the meantime, but that influence seems non existence.
Whatever the Trust does, it needs to take serious action, and be timely about it, the buyers and sellers have shown bad faith and although I hate discord and acrimonious dispute, it's time to go in heavy and show them all what the Trust is made of.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 15:38 - Oct 21 with 1178 viewsmonmouth

If the fraud on the minority is upheld then the shares must be bought at the price paid to the others doesn't it? To me that case looks as clear as crystal, which is probably why I'm not a lawyer.

If there was a decent offer/option, last night I would have said yeah, fack it, get out, let them carry on and use the money to keep things visible and stand outside the tent pissing in.

Today I'm less sure, but my kneejerk position is still appealing to me, as I don't see how any of these forked-tongue, swivel eyed, appauling reptiles can be trusted. After all King Rat is still there, taking part in decision making whilst the Trust is excluded. So it's a little less clear cut for me, but it's still yes, unless legal insurmountable protections can be put in place that these slippery f*ckwits can't wriggle out of. Nothing they promise can be trusted, and it seems pretty damned clear from their actions that they want to kill the Trust.

It would be by far the saddest day of all for me, but, barring that major change in yankee attitude (that I can't ever see being in good faith) I'm still screaming 'sell, keep the trust alive and publicly hold them to account' inside my gut, should the proper option price be available.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 17:50]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 17:05 - Oct 21 with 1083 viewsNOTRAC

If the trust received sale proceeds/compensation of say £20m for the shares why not negotiate to buy the stadium in the Trusts name?
The Stadium has undoubtedly played a massive part in the success over the past ten odd years.
Costs of running the stadium and loan repayments (assuming the Trust would have to borrow some money to acquire it on top of the £20m) would be charged to the football club ,and to a lesser extent to the Ospreys in the form of rent.
This would give the club leverage over any new owners and through this they could obtain a place on the Board.
If things went completely wrong in the future at least ownership of the Stadium would facilitate the setting up of a new Footballing Company thereby ensuring the continuance of league football which is of course the trusts main aim.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 17:12 - Oct 21 with 1061 viewsUxbridge

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 17:05 - Oct 21 by NOTRAC

If the trust received sale proceeds/compensation of say £20m for the shares why not negotiate to buy the stadium in the Trusts name?
The Stadium has undoubtedly played a massive part in the success over the past ten odd years.
Costs of running the stadium and loan repayments (assuming the Trust would have to borrow some money to acquire it on top of the £20m) would be charged to the football club ,and to a lesser extent to the Ospreys in the form of rent.
This would give the club leverage over any new owners and through this they could obtain a place on the Board.
If things went completely wrong in the future at least ownership of the Stadium would facilitate the setting up of a new Footballing Company thereby ensuring the continuance of league football which is of course the trusts main aim.

Lots of ifs there. The biggest being the Trust getting £20+ million for the shares. Plus, as keeps on getting overlooked, the Trust is severely limited in terms of what actions it could take with the money. Would have to look if stadium ownership is even an option on that score.

Then you get into a whole discussion about maintenance, potential expansion and impact on ownership etc. Really not straightforward.

I'm not dismissing it. However there'd be a lot to think about on it.

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 17:17 - Oct 21 with 1047 viewsOldjack

Should the Trust sell their shares? on 13:52 - Oct 21 by Nookiejack

What will happen then?

The trust seems to have very little clout on major matters as it stands now . If we go down those shares won't be worth a lot ,sell now if possible ,bank it for a rainy day

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024