Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The under 23 Match last night. 15:48 - Oct 18 with 1385 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This is a very brief resume of someone's impressions on the match he attended last night.
The first point he made was that for all those wishing to get the "Swansea Way" of playing back should go and watch the under 23s. As that is how they are playing, or trying to play. Credit to their Manager and Coaches for that.
The 4 "senior" players all played well, along with the rest of the youngsters.
Although an almost hairless Ollie scored one goal, he could have scored more goals if he had taken all his chances, but to be fair Fulham's Goal Keeper made a couple of really good saves to deny him.
The Swans Gregor Zabret also made some really good, important saves as well.
Ollie was also literally head & shoulders above everybody else in the airial combats, winning the ball just about every time.
Mawson played very well, he is cool, calm & collected on the ball, reads the game well, is very vocal and as has been said by other clubs appears to be "Captain material" and it is hard to understand why he hasn't been given any kind of chance in the first team. He seems to have been subbed to give playing time to Joe Roddon.
The two fast wingers Daniel James & Owain Jones terrorised Fulham's defence.
But the biggest surprise for him was Tyler Reid, not only is he a pretty good defender, he also appears to be one of the fastest, if not the fastest player in the under 23 team. He has the hallmarks of a good wing back with such sprinting speed.

On a less positive note he didn't see either Curt or Bob watching, although they could have been indoors.
The under 23 Match last night. on 15:59 - Oct 18 with 1347 viewsandypitt56

Thanks for the assessment! you can only gain so much from the highlights. Our U23's are looking really good. we have a fair bit of talent in their i think. What worries me though is that we are a long way behind the other clubs with regards to talented youth. most of our U23s have been purchased from other clubs. The U18s are bottom of their league I think its going to be a good number of years before we see the true benefits of the new academy. Some people seem to think that now we have catagory one status, we will start churning out the talent. I personally dont think we will see many home growns come through to the first team for another 5 years or so.
The under 23 Match last night. on 16:34 - Oct 18 with 1247 viewsLandore_Jack

#backtojack

The under 23 Match last night. on 17:59 - Oct 18 with 1092 viewsLoyal

Top of the league,we have a very sound reserve side.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The under 23 Match last night. on 19:14 - Oct 18 with 957 viewsOldjack

Mawson played very well, he is cool, calm & collected on the ball, reads the game well, is very vocal

Just what we need right now ,i hope he gets a game sooner rather than later

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The under 23 Match last night. on 20:08 - Oct 18 with 829 viewskarnataka

The under 23 Match last night. on 19:14 - Oct 18 by Oldjack

Mawson played very well, he is cool, calm & collected on the ball, reads the game well, is very vocal

Just what we need right now ,i hope he gets a game sooner rather than later

I'd like to see him & Mike together, he's calm too. Two calm central defenders would make everyone else less inclined to be jittery which is the way FF and Amat are when they play together and I'm sure it spreads through the rest of the team to an extent. You have to remain calm to play possession football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024