Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 17:39 - Jan 12 with 1858 viewsSwansTrust

The minutes from the Swans Trust Board meeting on 5th December are now available on our website...

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-board-and-agm-minutes/

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 04:45 - Jan 13 with 1719 viewsNeiltheTaylor

TBM 172/14 Membership & Media
AL reported that Standard Membership numbers recorded to date were 1740

Stalled a bit then.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 04:55 - Jan 13 with 1714 viewsKilkennyjack

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 04:45 - Jan 13 by NeiltheTaylor

TBM 172/14 Membership & Media
AL reported that Standard Membership numbers recorded to date were 1740

Stalled a bit then.

Aob says the Trust wanted Bob removed prior to the 3-0 win at home to Sunderland.

Beware of the Risen People

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 05:36 - Jan 13 with 1704 viewsNeiltheTaylor

AG look at contract phones.

What does this mean?

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 08:34 - Jan 13 with 1647 viewsNookiejack

It was nice of the Yank's to provide a shareholder with a 21% stake (I assume the Trust with this stake has information rights) with Management accounts for August, September and October- on 5th December 16.

I can't see how the £21m or so of value is being protected if it is receiving the financial information months out of date.

The Trust's focus from the minutes is on revenge with regards to the old directors and not it seems protecting the £21m.

The future vision of the Trust just seems to be happy to be a passive minority shareholder happy to receive a few tickets to the Directors box.

In a few years time we are going to look back and see that the opportunity of a totally fans owned club has been squandered.
Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 08:40 - Jan 13 with 1639 viewsPegojack

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 08:34 - Jan 13 by Nookiejack

It was nice of the Yank's to provide a shareholder with a 21% stake (I assume the Trust with this stake has information rights) with Management accounts for August, September and October- on 5th December 16.

I can't see how the £21m or so of value is being protected if it is receiving the financial information months out of date.

The Trust's focus from the minutes is on revenge with regards to the old directors and not it seems protecting the £21m.

The future vision of the Trust just seems to be happy to be a passive minority shareholder happy to receive a few tickets to the Directors box.

In a few years time we are going to look back and see that the opportunity of a totally fans owned club has been squandered.

Your assessment of the value of the Trust shares at this moment is way off the mark. More pessimistic people might say they are worthless. I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle, but nowhere near £21 million, probably nearer £2 million, i.e. what someone might be prepared to pay for them right now.
Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 08:43 - Jan 13 with 1632 viewsNookiejack

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 08:40 - Jan 13 by Pegojack

Your assessment of the value of the Trust shares at this moment is way off the mark. More pessimistic people might say they are worthless. I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle, but nowhere near £21 million, probably nearer £2 million, i.e. what someone might be prepared to pay for them right now.

What's your assessment of what they were worth at the time of the Takeover?
Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 08:48 - Jan 13 with 1618 viewsPegojack

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 08:43 - Jan 13 by Nookiejack

What's your assessment of what they were worth at the time of the Takeover?

Again, technically, they were worthless, thanks to the backstabbing sellouts doing the deal behind the Trust's back and selling a majority stake in the club without our knowledge. Let's not forget they could have structured a deal so that no-one could have bought the club without buying all of the shares, or at least making an offer for all of the shares, but those obnoxious b*stards chose to line their own pockets in secret at the expense of the fans.

There only remains the possibility of legal redress against the sell-outs on the basis of the original shareholders' agreement.
Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 09:08 - Jan 13 with 1581 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 05:36 - Jan 13 by NeiltheTaylor

AG look at contract phones.

What does this mean?

A mobile phone for the Trust press officer, so that he can be contacted or contact as necessary.

I completely forgot about that!

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 09:10 - Jan 13 with 1574 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 08:40 - Jan 13 by Pegojack

There's no way a 21% stake in the football club is remotely worth close to £2m. Whether could sell at the same rate as those who did this summer is another question, but a 90% haircut? Not a chance.

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 09:50 - Jan 13 with 1518 viewsPegojack

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 09:10 - Jan 13 by Uxbridge

There's no way a 21% stake in the football club is remotely worth close to £2m. Whether could sell at the same rate as those who did this summer is another question, but a 90% haircut? Not a chance.

Well, it's all speculation, isn't it? You might know more than we do, but who is going to buy a stake that effectively has no power or influence over the club at the moment?
Someone might be prepared to speculate on the basis that the shares might be worth more in the future if and when the Mericans decide to sell.
Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 09:55 - Jan 13 with 1504 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 09:50 - Jan 13 by Pegojack

Well, it's all speculation, isn't it? You might know more than we do, but who is going to buy a stake that effectively has no power or influence over the club at the moment?
Someone might be prepared to speculate on the basis that the shares might be worth more in the future if and when the Mericans decide to sell.

To a degree maybe, but i fail to see how a 21% stake in a company turning over £130m or so is worth £2m. That doesn't make sense, from a purely financial perspective. Hell, if that's what it's worth, I'd probably do some crowdfunding to buy it myself!

A minority stake will no doubt be worth a bit less, pro rata, than a majority stake, but you're massively inflating that IMO.

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 10:12 - Jan 13 with 1467 viewsPegojack

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 09:55 - Jan 13 by Uxbridge

To a degree maybe, but i fail to see how a 21% stake in a company turning over £130m or so is worth £2m. That doesn't make sense, from a purely financial perspective. Hell, if that's what it's worth, I'd probably do some crowdfunding to buy it myself!

A minority stake will no doubt be worth a bit less, pro rata, than a majority stake, but you're massively inflating that IMO.

Like I said, all speculation. The business might be turning over £130 million this season, but the odds are that it's going to be turning over a lot less in the near future as we slip down the leagues.

It's also not paying dividends any more, so the Trust is earning exactly feck all for it's 21% stake at the moment.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 10:14]
Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 10:37 - Jan 13 with 1439 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 10:12 - Jan 13 by Pegojack

Like I said, all speculation. The business might be turning over £130 million this season, but the odds are that it's going to be turning over a lot less in the near future as we slip down the leagues.

It's also not paying dividends any more, so the Trust is earning exactly feck all for it's 21% stake at the moment.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 10:14]

Speculation maybe but £2m is way below possible realities for 21% of a PL team, or even a Championship one IMO.

You know more than me on dividends to be honest. One wasn't paid last year but number of potential reasons for that. A loss (on paper at least) being one. Not had anything confirmed for 2016/17 yet unless I've missed it. I'm not expecting one, but nothing is written in stone.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 10:47]

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 10:49 - Jan 13 with 1408 viewscostalotta

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 09:10 - Jan 13 by Uxbridge

Perhaps the market will decide the 'sale' price.

Certainly you would have thought that they might be worth more than the 2m quoted but ultimately their only worth what someone is prepared to pay. In my experience it's surprising what people will sell for, when they need to or value has of the market.
Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 10:54 - Jan 13 with 1395 viewsjack247

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 04:55 - Jan 13 by Kilkennyjack

Aob says the Trust wanted Bob removed prior to the 3-0 win at home to Sunderland.

So did I
Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 11:27 - Jan 13 with 1358 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 10:49 - Jan 13 by costalotta

Perhaps the market will decide the 'sale' price.

Certainly you would have thought that they might be worth more than the 2m quoted but ultimately their only worth what someone is prepared to pay. In my experience it's surprising what people will sell for, when they need to or value has of the market.

Aye, no perhaps about it. But there's two sides to that equation. Not as if anyone's looking at a fire sale here, which is the only real plausible scenario where the Trust would take a significant haircut.

The Trust isn't a distressed seller, and any sale would have to be in the best interests of the Trust and its members ultimately. Difficult to see any scenario where the Trust would accept £2m, and certainly not in the PL era. It's an implausibly low amount IMO, that's all I'm saying, based on market conditions. Didn't a Chinese group buy a similar stake in Man City for hundreds of millions?

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 15:18 - Jan 13 with 1238 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Swans Trust Board Minutes - December 2016 on 09:08 - Jan 13 by Uxbridge

A mobile phone for the Trust press officer, so that he can be contacted or contact as necessary.

I completely forgot about that!

Ah OK thanks

Get on it mush!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024